Achievement Guide

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for anyone that can answer. I just played Magic Sword through from stage 1 to the end and only used 3 continues the whole game. When I killed the last boss, I didn't get the achievement for using less than 18 continues. However, on this run, I decided to finish off my vault (barring co-op, the only one I have left) by using the warps. I take it using these voids the achievement? If so it would be great to have a clarification and would also, if it proves to be true, be very handy to add to the guide (which is superb BTW). Can anyone else shed some light for me here?

EDIT : Well, I'll confirm it myself. Just did every level without warps and got both "Sore Thumb" and "Tough Guy" so you do have to do every level from 1 to 50. Just a co-op runthrough and I'm done =)

Cheers for confirming this. Added it to the guide. ;)

And thanks to everyone who said they liked the guide! :)

;3005320']Cheers for confirming this. Added it to the guide. ;)

And thanks to everyone who said they liked the guide! :)

Np mate. Finally finished up today and it's by and large down to this guide so muchos gracias. Well written and tell's me everything I needed to know. A+

Also, cheers Aphrodite1. I nearly messed up in co-op as during the worm boss, it popped up on my screen that the vault challenge for all levels was failed after my partner died. Thankfully I spotted it so chose restart and did the level again and from there it was fine. So glad I spotted that pop up though lol

;2996457']

TIPS FOR UNLOCKING VAULT ACHIEVEMENTS:

FINAL FIGHT:

Time based: If you're going for time-based achievements, it's best to pick the faster characters. You might want to play with another competent player, if so play as Guy and Cody. Avoid Haggar, as he is pretty slow moving. If doing it by yourself, pick Guy purely for his speed.

I actually got the last few timed vault achievements using Haggar. I tried to beat the Slums in 2:27 and Industrial in 4:10 using both Guy and Cody, and I always failed by five seconds or so. The reason I think I succeeded with Haggar is because his piledriver and suplex take a lot more off of the boss' life bar. Of course it can be done with either of the three fighters, but I think Haggar might have an edge due to being able to do so much more damage.

http://nsa14.casimages.com/img/2010/04/21//10042111272526433.jpg

http://nsa14.casimages.com/img/2010/04/21//100421112841380122.jpg

http://nsa15.casimages.com/img/2010/04/21//100421112916711781.jpg

http://nsa15.casimages.com/img/2010/04/21//100421112958616654.jpg

http://nsa15.casimages.com/img/2010/04/21//100421113036719979.jpg

http://nsa15.casimages.com/img/2010/04/21//100421113115361064.jpg

http://nsa15.casimages.com/img/2010/04/21//100421113154266496.jpg

http://nsa14.casimages.com/img/2010/04/21//10042111323169138.jpg

I dont get the "find warp set 1" on magic sword...i go to level 14 like the guide says, but there are no swinging balls on that stage so i dont know what to do...Ive gone through the rest of the guide for the level sets and got them all except #1, what am i missing?

I dont get the "find warp set 1" on magic sword...i go to level 14 like the guide says, but there are no swinging balls on that stage so i dont know what to do...Ive gone through the rest of the guide for the level sets and got them all except #1, what am i missing?

There should be a ball swinging on a chain.

Here's a video, skip to 4:11 to see level 14. You can see the swinging ball and chain.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNYLr-b0HzE&feature=related]YouTube- Magic Sword Secrets Floor Clear part 2 of 5[/ame]

It is immediately after that, you see him jump up a few steps - on the first step, crouch and face the top step and attack it. A door should open up on the other side of the steps. (The guy in the video doesn't do this, but I thought it'd help recognise where it is).

I think the ball and chain can be destroyed, so the only thing I can think of as to why you missed it is if you jumped and fired a projectile that destroyed it before it came onscreen?

Hope this helps! ;)

Edited by [Waggly Bean]

I would like to say that "Haggar-ed" is glitched, for me at least. I beat the entire game with Haggar, watched the credits and never switched characters between continues (I didn't even alter the character choice; I just kept hitting Start to get back to the game).

I just went through and beat the game with Guy and got his achievement.

Has anyone had an issue like this?

A trick that worked for me on the Final Fight time challenges is to join in with a second player when you are fighting the boss and then just have the second player get repeatedly killed by the boss. Every time the second player gets killed and respawns, it does damage to the boss, which helps beat them a bit quicker.

Note, that if you start the next stage with a dummy second player, waiting for him to get killed will cost you time, so maybe manually save you game (NOT autosave) and reload the stage you were just on as one player.

Here's a tip for the time challenges.

If you're playing in co-op, have both players on each side of the boss, if you both start punch him at around the same time, you will get stuck in a infinite punching loop. Killing the boss without allowing him to get away. This saves a ton of time, since the boss can't run away.

• 1 month later...

i was so ready to download this game but im glad i didnt. very time consuming the locksmith achievement is. all the other achievements are fine but that one right there sounds like a headache. guess i will stick to my sega greatest hits collection if i wanna play sum final fight lol wish they made final fight seperate with a 200gs. oh well maybe next time

i was so ready to download this game but im glad i didnt. very time consuming the locksmith achievement is. all the other achievements are fine but that one right there sounds like a headache. guess i will stick to my sega greatest hits collection if i wanna play sum final fight lol wish they made final fight seperate with a 200gs. oh well maybe next time

It's not really that time consuming at all. If you follow the guide and plan ahead, you can do all the locksmith requirements within (if I remember rightly) 2 full playthroughs of Magic Sword, and 3 full playthroughs of Final Fight. A lot of the requirements just unlock for playing in general - times and scores for example aren't that hard to beat.

I really wouldn't let Locksmith put you off what is a great game, and to be honest, a really easy 200GS. ;)

;3196342']It's not really that time consuming at all. If you follow the guide and plan ahead, you can do all the locksmith requirements within (if I remember rightly) 2 full playthroughs of Magic Sword, and 3 full playthroughs of Final Fight. A lot of the requirements just unlock for playing in general - times and scores for example aren't that hard to beat.

I really wouldn't let Locksmith put you off what is a great game, and to be honest, a really easy 200GS. ;)

alright well if its that the case i will check it out for certain

• 8 months later...
I would like to say that "Haggar-ed" is glitched, for me at least. I beat the entire game with Haggar, watched the credits and never switched characters between continues (I didn't even alter the character choice; I just kept hitting Start to get back to the game).

I just went through and beat the game with Guy and got his achievement.

Has anyone had an issue like this?

I had exactly same problem as you had. I was using Guy character from the start to finish and beat the game and it did not give me an achievement. No idea why. I never switch any characters except using Guy the whole time. I guess I will have to try it again.

I had exactly same problem as you had. I was using Guy character from the start to finish and beat the game and it did not give me an achievement. No idea why. I never switch any characters except using Guy the whole time. I guess I will have to try it again.

Were you playing multiplayer? If you were, try doing it in single player to make sure it registers you playing from start to finish.

;4045160']Were you playing multiplayer? If you were' date=' try doing it in single player to make sure it registers you playing from start to finish.[/quote']

Yeah, I was. I was the host and my friend joined me right before the game started. It did not give me an achievement for a specific character achievement. Neither did he then I decided to play the same character, Guy on a single player myself. I went continue to beat him then as soon as level 2 started, achievement unlocked. Thanks, Wiggly.

Magic Sword

I have another question. Do you have to start level 1 to 50 while doing warps? Because I am working on get these secret levels and warps. It did not give me a tile unlock when I warped there and into a secret level but maybe I am not doing it right.

EDIT: You should note this in this guide of your. After you recieved your last warp of all secret doors, it will give you "Find secret warp set 1" and "Find and activate all warps" tiles. Don't want to put anyone confusing in this because it seems like that "Find secret warp set 1" tile will not unlock until you enter all warp doors.

Another note, it doesn't matter where you start on any levels as long as you beat Magic Sword first then after that, you can able to jump any levels to get secret warp doors.

I feel that it is necessary to let anyone know about this but it is entirely up to you as it is your own guide that you written. Btw, you have an excellent guide. It is doable to get all tiles in the vault as long as you learn through these 2 games and how to play these games. It's put the test in your patience especially Magic Sword because of 50 levels and a lot of dying. lol.

Edited by Motorexskygtr32

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
;3023295']There should be a ball swinging on a chain.

Here's a video, skip to 4:11 to see level 14. You can see the swinging ball and chain.

It is immediately after that, you see him jump up a few steps - on the first step, crouch and face the top step and attack it. A door should open up on the other side of the steps. (The guy in the video doesn't do this, but I thought it'd help recognise where it is).

I think the ball and chain can be destroyed, so the only thing I can think of as to why you missed it is if you jumped and fired a projectile that destroyed it before it came onscreen?

Hope this helps! ;)

Can someone explain this a more precisely or provide a video to see "how to do it"?

Whatever I try to do it, no door is unlocked o_O

Can someone explain this a more precisely or provide a video to see "how to do it"?

Whatever I try to do it, no door is unlocked o_O

The description I put in the guide is this:

Floor 14 - After the first swinging ball on a chain, jump up one step and crouch and slash the top step. The door will appear on the other side of the steps. Warps to level 19.

I think that's fairly self-explanatory, but just incase you're still having trouble I've done a quick picture guide for you. You'll notice that the swniging ball on the chain is on the left of the screen - this is the first one you come to. Crouch right in the corner up against the top step and slash towards that step. The door should appear! ;)

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2746/magicswordlevel14.png