Wave 50

vayacondiosamigo

• 1 month later...
tried the sniper and it hardly helps with the volt dropper on settlement.

Settlement is too hard to do solo. Sniper is amazing for it, if you have a good one. You need iron clad or better. One or two upgraded ones can take it out in about 30 seconds if it's in range.

Settlement is starting to look like one of those maps you go full bore with weapons, and use turrets to fight fliers.

Edit:

Just got the achievement with three others. I was using the "Boomerang" cannon and the "Boo Boo Ray" with quickloading legs. I took dampeners and flak turrets, and I was on the long path on the mountain. I plastered the thing with dampeners while the rest of the team took the right side of the map.

There was an engineer, an assault, and another heavy. The most problematic things were definitely jacobs, which the engineer and assault would have to try to worm in and kill. Dampening generators on my side were a godsend, and my base (green) never got below 2/3rds.

The problem always seems to be orange/yellow base. It's out in the open, and people tend to flail at any problem that comes that way. Mines would probably have helped, or mortars. Volt Droppers would be sniped out of the sky by turrets and the other heavy/assault, while flaks tagged it. Knobs and cathies are a little troublesome, but a ray will take them out easily, especially if you use dampening generators.

Do not do Settlement on your own. It just won't work. You stretch yourself too thin before you can set up turrets that will fend for themselves.

Edited by Auburok

no one finds it odd that I made this thread after the hospital dlc came out and no one responded. Then I made a thread devoted to settlement and no one responded, but people recently responded to this one. I find that a little strange.

BTW I have gotten to wave 30 on settlement multiple times. I am looking for people to get to wave 50 with.

• 3 weeks later...
Settlement is too hard to do solo. Sniper is amazing for it, if you have a good one. You need iron clad or better. One or two upgraded ones can take it out in about 30 seconds if it's in range.

Do not do Settlement on your own. It just won't work. You stretch yourself too thin before you can set up turrets that will fend for themselves.

This is just not true! you can do settlement and any of the other solo, I got to wave 54 on settlement solo... it is a challenge but can be done.

p.s. the best sniper turret to use is the piercing sniper turret... since it shoots through enemies and will hit the Jacobs behind them.