This is how you get the "Curse of the Drinking Class" (200 production achievement)

The issue with this achv is trying to find a spot on the map and build there first. I tried the above, but started out on a smallish island with only one hill, but a lot of forests.

Using the exact same methods (Americans - get to communism and steel, produce settlers and make city 31) I was able to do this by building next to 5 forests and one small hill. I maxed out around 220. Once I got the achv, I switched the city to science and it was making 707 science per turn.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off...great post and great info. Worked for me first time up with 4 peaks. Had to restart only once to get them. First time they stuck me on a island with about 5 squares.

2nd of all...I agree that the tastefulmrship is a little crude in some of his remarks...enough so that they are better off ignored but at the same time he apologizes for his comments to those offended and does have a valid point about his other post to the great people. I read through it and all of his critiques whether negative or positive were constructive and informative. Both of these posts are great posts and very informative.

For me the clincher on this was the snapshot at the top. Great posts to all.

• 1 month later...

Finally got it! I just had a hard time finding a lot of mountains in the same area. Eventually found them and I wasn't even in a U. It was more like 5 or 6 mountains were next to each other in a group and I set up on one side. I just had to make a shit load of settlers towards the end of it though. But, thank you for the guide for this achievement!

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed that the post was helpful. It was nicely laid out, and as was said already, a nice screenshot helping to explain what he said in the post.

I would like an apology for twisting my previous posts (in completely unrelated threads) to make the one I posted here look even worse than it was.

Thats borderline retarded. You are seriously wanting an apology? What are we? 9? Get over it, there are always people who are going to be against your opinion in every aspect of life, don't expect an apology too often buddy.

However, thank you for your time, wasted though it was.

Haha, thats funny considering you took the time to come into a thread you apparently knew had already been answered to let no one in particular know the thread was a waste of time... odd. Apparently you're one of the only ones who feels that way because the big guys upstairs kept this mother open.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This ended up being my last achievement, for some reason it gave me the most trouble. I found the easiest way for me was to load up Beta Centauri instead of just doing a regular match, put it on the easiest difficulty so that you won't hardly be attacked. The great thing about Beta Centauri is you don't have to worry about researching tech since you all ready have them all.

So do everything like Chrushev said *Find a Range with 4+ mountains and build a city there (in my game I built a city first because the 4+ mountain range was half a dozen turns away from where I started, then I took a group of Infantry and settlers with me to the mountains destroying any barbarians that I came across and then buit the city witch had exactly 4 mountains)

Just start building Everything (Wonders and all the other buildings) in the town with the mountain range. When you get a chance build another town right near you and connect your towns with roads and start building and sending the 31 settlers to your mountain town.

By the time I had won with a economic victory my production was 301.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it first time using this method. Thanks a lot!!!!!

Did it at 900AD because I kept forgeting to quick build and the last Capital was at the other end of the map.

On a side note, I found it really funny producing stuff at the city due to it being so 'pumped' it would build six or seven of whatever on one turn.

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...
Got it first time using this method. Thanks a lot!!!!!

On a side note, I found it really funny producing stuff at the city due to it being so 'pumped' it would build six or seven of whatever on one turn.

If you want to amuse yourself on production, take a city that has at least 20 production, and then tell it not to build (have it build a small building and then when it asks what to build next just ignore it). It will accumulate those resource production credits until you finally do tell it to build something. The first I did this by chance, and then decided to build a few modern infantry--in one turn it gave me 43 units. I then used this to squeak out my tech victory on deity. Since all I needed was to get space flight researched, I quit building in several cities so it would accumulate the credits, and then once I had space flight I built the entire spaceship in 2 turns and then overtook the Greeks to Alpha Centauri by one turn.

Edited by TheGoalslammer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great guide. Very useful.

I just did it.

Took me 2 goes because even though the first time I had mountains on 3 sides and a long stretch of mountains which it looked like I was resourcing, it still only would give me max 180.

So I started again, and just surrounded myself as the guide suggested. Bam! got it.

Only just though, by the time I reached 31 population I was producing resources per turn of...201! :woop:

• 3 weeks later...