The General Trials Question Thread!

El Fuerte 24. Try and you will know the tempo of the punch.

Roughly, HP--LP--LP-HP--LP--LP-HP

The first and third LP is start runing, 2nd and 4th LP is stop running.

El Fuerte almost have no stun after stop running.

So you have to press HP just right after LP.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guile - 15, 21, 23

Sakura - 23, 24

Guile 15. Try to hit Dan when he is higher.

And don't let him in the corner.

I use light flash kick.

Guile 21. You can't do this when Dan is in the corner.

Since you already can do flash kick->double flash.

Just don't let Dan in the corner or the sonic hurrican will not hit.

Guile 23. This one you need Dan in the corner.

Once you can link crLP after light sonic boom you can get it.

Try to smash LP after light sonic boom and you will know the timing.

The stun of sonic boom is quite short.

Sakura 23. This key point is you need to cancel ex shouoken in 5th hit (3rd of the second rising) and input dash very fast to link MK.

Sakura 24. You can do this if you can do 23. I think this one is easier then 23.

Sakura' combo all focus on the light shunpukyaku. You can link everything.

And I really don't know how to explain LP/LK/MK/HP/crHP after light shunpukyaku. It's just timing, really.

I recommand you remember the tempo by sound.

When you lunch shunpukyaku, you will hear Sakura say shun-pu-kya-ku(I use japanese voice), and roughly shun-pu-kya-ku--MK

Edited by Lyre220

Question about high jumps - is the up wanted in the first or second qcf?

Hi, ShinobiRain

If you input very fast, you can do it in first, in second, or both.

e.g. Ibuki 24 double qcf+up after MK.

If you input not fast, you need to do it in second.

e.g. Viper 22 using seperate input method.

D DF F+LP -> D DF F UP+ppp

Well, after doing Ken's 24 on my controller, I decided to work on it a bit in training mode with my controller as well, seeing as I can't do it on stick or controller yet, so I tried both. After a few attempts, I got it twice, but couldn't replicate it for another half an hour. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I get either Kazegiri Ex kicks, command dashes, or just a high jump. I have my inputs on and most of the time I am hitting triple kick at an UF or U input. This sucks along with guiles specials to supers which I still cannot get :mad:

Well, after doing Ken's 24 on my controller, I decided to work on it a bit in training mode with my controller as well, seeing as I can't do it on stick or controller yet, so I tried both. After a few attempts, I got it twice, but couldn't replicate it for another half an hour. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I get either Kazegiri Ex kicks, command dashes, or just a high jump. I have my inputs on and most of the time I am hitting triple kick at an UF or U input. This sucks along with guiles specials to supers which I still cannot get :mad:

well, try the cheap trick I said :p

Rotate your stick clockwise 45

So all your D DF F become DF F UF.

Then you can input like a "normal" ultra after MK.

also, set a button = LK+MK+HK helps.

And I have to say, this combo you need to input really really very fast.

Edited by Lyre220

Hi, ShinobiRain

If you input very fast, you can do it in first, in second, or both.

e.g. Ibuki 24 double qcf+up after MK.

If you input not fast, you need to do it in second.

e.g. Viper 22 using seperate input method.

D DF F+LP -> D DF F UP+ppp

K I have done #22 with C.Viper. But can't do #24, which really pisses me off cause I could do it on SFIV. IT seemed easier on that one. Cause on SFIV the hardest part I had was linking the Burst Time after the HK Burning Kick. BUT NOW..... I can't set the second croutching HP to come out without wiffing Dan.

This thread's really coming together haha, everyone's answered everything while I was asleep! I love this community so much :p

I've got two videos that will hopefully help out on the run-stop-fierce Shinobi, one is pad and one is stick but it's more for their audio that I recommend watching them: PAD and

. I've dabbled in Fuerte over the past few months and while I suck hard at using his pressure game, I never miss his HP,HP,HK knockdown anymore thanks to listening to the clacks of the buttons in these two vids.

hobbes and Lyre have hit the two key points for this; firstly, the rhythm of the buttons is that of a gallop rather than a string (HP, QCF LP, LP~HP, QCF LP, LP~HP- dum, dum, BA-DUM, dum, BA-DUM), and secondly going too fast is actually the more common problem, rather than going too slow. If you don't let Fuerte get close to Dan before hitting him the space between the two of them will increase each time, to the point where you'll eventually be too far apart to run into range during his hitstun.

What strength thunder knuckle are you cancelling into the c.hp Magus? Both medium and heavy knuckles can be cancelled with enough time to combo into the c.hp but I don't know if one cancels faster than the other; might be worth trying the other one and see if you have any success like that (I use heavy myself, as it feels more comfortable on my hands).

K I have done #22 with C.Viper. But can't do #24, which really pisses me off cause I could do it on SFIV. IT seemed easier on that one. Cause on SFIV the hardest part I had was linking the Burst Time after the HK Burning Kick. BUT NOW..... I can't set the second croutching HP to come out without wiffing Dan.

Maybe you forget the key point. I forget it too when I just "re-play" this one in SSF4. But after several tries I remember it.

Press the 2nd crHP as soon as you cancel the thunder knuckle.

But not so fast as El Fuerte 24.

Didi Mau use heavy knuckle, but I use light knuckle. Looks like all works.

Roughly,

P-P--P-P-P

Edited by Lyre220

I got another tip for you, and I think it's better.

First, try Ibuki's target combo, LK MK HK

This is target combo so you need to input a little faster.

It's easy so you will success in a few tries.

OK, config your HK to LK+MK+HK.

Use the same 3 buttons and try the target combo again.

Now you already know the timing and how fast it should be.

just add double qcf and up into 2nd and 3rd kick.

Question about Guile - While I was working on guile, I negleected to do any other trial besides sonic boom to super. Trying the flash kick to super and trial 24, I got those both in 5 minutes just a few seconds ago. I basically never missed the flash kick to super, or the super off a punch. Does that give any insight on why I can't get the sonic boom to work. And lastly, if I whiff the sonic boom and get a punch, the super usually always comes out.

Question about Guile - While I was working on guile, I negleected to do any other trial besides sonic boom to super. Trying the flash kick to super and trial 24, I got those both in 5 minutes just a few seconds ago. I basically never missed the flash kick to super, or the super off a punch. Does that give any insight on why I can't get the sonic boom to work. And lastly, if I whiff the sonic boom and get a punch, the super usually always comes out.

For Guile I did them all in one run EXCEPT for Trials 20 and 21

(The trials that have you go from the super into a Sonci Hurricane). It seeemed like I could never figure them out even though I was doing everything-what I mean is that for either one of them I could never get the Sonic Hurricane to connect. It would always throw the sonic hurricane and Dan would fall and NOT get hit. Then I noticed something, it seemed that Guile was actually throwing the Hurricane behind Dan. This is becuase I kept tryng both trials with Dan in the CORNER. Once I tired the combos on Dan while he was in the middle of the screen success on both within a matter of seconds...

I can hit the sonic hurricane fine, its the sonic boom to super that never comes out. I can do flash kick to super, but not sonic boom. I'm even doing the same motion, just making sure I go forward first to get the sonic boom instead of directly up forward.

And I just finished El Fuerte 24. Makes you feel so good when you beat a trial that hard. I used turbo on LP, so that it auto cancelled the run, and just learned the time for when I needed HP. That made it much easier.

Just did Ryu's #21, #22 & #23. I did #21 like this...

Standing MP > M. Hadoken > FADC > (Repeat) > Standing MP > M. Shoryuken

Now with Ryu's #24, the crouching MP doesn't reach Dan, and if it does, the subsequent crouching MK doesn't reach... Any help with this one?

Just did Ryu's #21, #22 & #23. I did #21 like this...

Standing MP > M. Hadoken > FADC > (Repeat) > Standing MP > M. Shoryuken

Now with Ryu's #24, the crouching MP doesn't reach Dan, and if it does, the subsequent crouching MK doesn't reach... Any help with this one?

Thats the problem I have I keep wiffing the Crouching MK.

I can hit the sonic hurricane fine, its the sonic boom to super that never comes out. I can do flash kick to super, but not sonic boom. I'm even doing the same motion, just making sure I go forward first to get the sonic boom instead of directly up forward.

And I just finished El Fuerte 24. Makes you feel so good when you beat a trial that hard. I used turbo on LP, so that it auto cancelled the run, and just learned the time for when I needed HP. That made it much easier.

Wish I could fine line a motion or strategy for Guiles Sonic Boom into Double Flash, but I can't I can just do it.... I no that doesn't help but I CANNOT do it with the analog stick OR my fightstick, I can only do it with the D-PAD??? Mainly I put my thumb over the D-PAD where the tip is just over the Diagional Down right and then I rock my thumb down back (but never move it from its standing postion...hope that makes sense). ALSO I should NOTE... I had to do NUMBER 20 and 21 from the Right side of Dan (player two side).

Wish I could fine line a motion or strategy for Guiles Sonic Boom into Double Flash.

When your charging the SB hold down-back on the controller, when you execute the SB execute with forward+punch, as soon as you have input that go directly to down-back and then up-forward+kick. Complete the DF as the SB is hitting, not after.

Been doing it exactly like that since 1996.

I dunno subject, thats what I have been doing, but I'll keep at it because thats how everyone says to do it. Dunno why its not coming out for me though.

Master- Great tip for 21, got it in 5 mins after I read your idea, but I did you one better and added EX hurricane after last MP because I couldn't shoryuken it. :p

Ryu 24 - I've been getting the MK to hit, just do an extremely deep j.HP to hit Dan. It has to look like you are almost about to cross him up. That way I've been getting the kick out everytime, but not so much the Hadoken to Ultra :p

Edit 1 - I've been doing it consistently almost every time now. The first hit has to hit Dan above his head. That puts you close for the rest of the links. The problem is now the hadoken to ultra, which is extremely stict timing. Instead, I've been trying FADC --> C.mk --> Ex Tatsu --> Ultra. This seems to be working, as I've come close to doing the entire combo a few times.

Edit 2 - Just thought I had it, but Dan walked out of the EX Tatsu, so I'm not sure if it will work. Maybe distance is to great.

Edit 3 - Dan walks out of that shit everytime unfortunately, which is annoying, but doing a shoryuken and cancelling that would work as well.

Holy shit edit 4 - I got it finally, Tatsu worked because I liked that method and didn't stop trying. The shoryuken only hit Dan once though, but I did it mad late. So yeah, try what you will, but remember that the jump in hits Dan real high.

Edited by ShinobiRain
More info

If you guys are having trouble with Ryu #24 that way I initially did it, which seemed easier to me, is to hadoken->FADC->shoryuken->FADC->Ultra2. The shoryu.FADC gives you loads of time to hit the Ultra2. However I went back later and did it the right way as well :). The Ultra2 just has to come out instantly after the FADC.

I'm having trouble on this trial...

Balrog #19: I'm not sure whether to use the heavy Buffalo Head or not. It would be easier to use the light version, since I'm using the light version of his super to follow. Every once in a while I get the Buffalo Head and follow with the Crazy Buffalo, but the timing will be off. That leads me to question which strengths I should use. I am aware of the charging down-back then up-back after the Buffalo Head, however.

Buffalo Head (CD+U+P) > Crazy Buffalo (CB+F+B+F+P)

Should come out just like the ultra no matter what version you use. Just do DB --> UB --> HP (still charging back during the entire combo) --> DB F B F --> P. Remember to not lose your charge during the headbutt and hold kick during the super.

My question - C.Viper 24 - I got 23 today, whether by luck or madness I don't know, but 24 looks infinitely harder. I have two punches assigned to heavy, one with turbo one without. That means I can do the thunder cancel and the get the turbo to help with the follow up heavy punch. I usually get that far every time. Then I use the other punch button to do the EX Seismo, which comes out some of the time, other times its a super. But after that, there is no way I can input down up and get a burning kick out in time. My hands are to busy with the first part of that combo to even think about high jumping. On my joystick, I am way better on the left side than the right, so that could be part of the problem. But I want to know whether I can do just a reguler Up high jump, or does it have to be UF, because I can maybe do U, but UF will be difficult.