Neighslayer Achievement Unlocked

weird. I got in one of the fights where they spawn those little ruin guys over and over again (it was one of the colossal ruin fights) and I got it by killing 4 of those little guys at once, i know i killed them too since 1 hit with a level 4 hobby horse is all it takes to kill them.

I got this one during the first time you are told about "Hysteria" (Check point is 'Chapter 1 - Always Elevenes')

Don't activate the hysteria, but rather run around a bit to try and lure a bunch of the enemies to you. I found it worked best to back yourself into a corner and have the enemies funnel in towards you (you may need to block a few attacks while you wait for them to all get nice and close). Then just hammer the crap out of that hobby horse. I got it on my first or second try.

I got this one during the first time you are told about "Hysteria" (Check point is 'Chapter 1 - Always Elevenes')

Don't activate the hysteria, but rather run around a bit to try and lure a bunch of the enemies to you. I found it worked best to back yourself into a corner and have the enemies funnel in towards you (you may need to block a few attacks while you wait for them to all get nice and close). Then just hammer the crap out of that hobby horse. I got it on my first or second try.

This looked like a great strategy so I tried it a few times but couldn't get it to work for me. I even tried softening up the enemy with a few pepper blasts before going for the hobby horse finisher. I know I got 4 or 5 of them a few times, but no achievement. This game just doesn't like me I guess. Thanks for the tip on where to try this.

Ok so when I get home from work I am going to try this again. First with the room in Chapter 3 and then In chapter 1. Hopefully I will get it today. Yesterday I spent a good half an hour smashing those dang Slime things in the Chapter 3 room. So I shall start back up from there. Cross your fingers for me.

I was able to get this on Chapter 1 - right after you get the pepper grinder (again) from the huge, ugly woman (forgot her name - Rosie O'Donnell?).

I destroyed the first bolterfly nest, so two more would spawn... and after a few attempts to lure the bolterflies to a clockwork bomb, I got it on the 3rd try! It's really about the timing - they tend to hover near the bomb, then they pounce on it. When they do it at the same time, that's when you strike!

I also tested this with the Slithering Ruin a little later in the level, and I got 4 of them to get right around the bomb... so it would have worked there as well.

I did this on "Nightmare" difficulty, in case anyone wondered.

Good luck to anyone still after this. Trial & error... take your time... you'll get it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

For those having trouble, this is easily done on any difficulty during the second radula room in the town during the 2nd chapter. Let the madcaps surround you then bam hit em with the horse, achievement unlocked. Took roughly 5 seconds to get. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did this in Capter 4 when you first meet the Card Guards. Load up Least Wing checkpoint, you have a slide, then short easy platforming section to get to the guards. Kill the 1st one then 6 more spawn. I used the ramp to the right to get them close together. Was using DLC weapon too, visually the shockwave looked bigger so I tried it with that, not sure if it is or not, but worth a shot. If you kill them all without getting it, a restart will put you right back at the 1st guard.

I used a bomb to get them close together but these guys tend to just stand still for a while before attacking, and they can get back up if you dont finish them off, leaving a few more hits possible before killing them. Was on Nightmare of course.

Got it on my second try! Thanks a lot :woop:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

some say that it doesn't work of slugs, some say it does, some say you need to target, some say it's not necessary, etc.

Basically, this achievement has no true pattern. I got it by pure luck in a radula room in chapter 2 (The 2nd one I think). I targetted and started the YYY combo and got it on the 2nd hit without even doing a ground smash.

It really makes no sense how you can trully obtain this specific cheevo, so just accumulate mobs wherever they feed you many basics (flies, goblins, basic ruins) and do your combo. Eventually it oughts to unlock.

• 2 months later...
I just got it on the Barrelbottom Radula Room, where you have to fight several Madcaps.

Just spammed Hobbyhorse Smashes and it unlocked after a few hits!

This is were i FINALLY got mine at. The one on the right behind the coral wall just after you enter the town. I put the difficulty to nightmare with a lv 2 hobby horse and it unlocked.:woop:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I did this achievement on my Nightmare playthrough on slithering ruin. Grouped 4 of them together during the fight with the lost soul guy, hit two times with the hammer away from them, then targetted and used the last hit to smash near them. It didn't hit the ruin directly, but the area of effect damage wasn't enough to kill them, and I got the achievement. : ) I don't believe the ruin died.

I hope it helps someone

• 3 weeks later...
I tried this for countless hrs...went and rebought game... this video helped me in 2 minutes guaranteed... 1000GS finally!!!

This is the last achievement I needed as well and I had already spent an hour or so trying to get it in another level with the Slithering Ruins and it wasn't working. I tried this method and got it my first shot. Thanks :)

• 8 months later...