Knives Chau DLC Achievement Guide

Found a rather simple way to get It's All In The Reflexes in Single Player.

Fight your way to Todd Ingram. Once the fight in the alley starts, sit in the bottom-left corner of the screen. This will often cause him to make all of the debris in the alley float and fly everywhere. Just before he actually launches the debris, hit B to attempt to catch an item. With so many items flying around, you're bound to catch something on most attempts. After the garbage just starts to float, you can move to a more central location in the alley to increase your chances of grabbing an item, but return to the corner to maximize the chances of Todd throwing the garbage around again. If too much of the trash gets damaged and destroyed, either quit to the map screen or finish Todd off and repeat the process.

NOTE: It's recommended to wait until you have high defense to use this method. Even though you'll catch the first item that comes in contact with you, it's possible that another item or two out of that alley full of garbage will hit you. Also, while sitting in the corner, Todd will occasionally use his "Force choke". While fast button-mashers can get away with only being damaged once or twice during this, high defense is still recommended to minimize damage.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all in the Reflexes; fastest and easiest method:

This can be done while going for Speed Run or whenever. During the movie set sequence in the second level (can't remember the boss' name) there is an area where the director hops in the middle off the screen and shouts some stuff. He abruptly absconds and you are left to fight some dinosaur/alien actors. Kill all but one and pick up a rock. Try not to hit the remaining bad guy, dash-throw your rock at either end of screen and hold B. That's it. Just throw the rock and hold B 25 times. As long as the screen in locked on a particular area the rock will ricochet between the sides of the screen until in loses momentum or you catch it (or hits you). If you don't get it right then and there, there is a different scene a few second away. A bomb will appear from the ground and you have several seconds to 'break' it. Instead, take your pet rock and throw it at the side again. Took a whole 20 sec of game time. Hope this helps.

For those wondering if you can fight Mr.Chau and still unlock the Speed Run achievement, the answer is yes. I just finished my 45 minute speed run, fought Mr Chau, and the achievement popped as soon as cracked Gideon in the skull.

As for the Ninja Somersault, I found the Zombie method to be much easier than the Gideon method. I was able to chain at least 14 or 15 after killing 100 zombies. All I did was start from the left center of the screen work my way to the right and after I hit the last zombie I held left on the thumbstick and made my way back to where I started.

I probably could have chained a few more but a zombie thwacked me on the way back.

The Ninja reflexes achievement was super easy to unlock in battle royale. Two controllers standing fairly adjacent to each other with lets say a tire. Alternating hitting Y to throw and B to catch, achievement pops in under a minute.

Cheers

where and when do you input the code? it's quite a pain to go max everything manually.

You can use the Konami Code anytime and anywhere during the game, but I suggest finding an open area clear of enemies before using it. The best place to do this is Stage 1 in the shopping district. Go buy a pack of gum ($0.90) and then input the code (not in the shops since there is limited space to gather up money). You will faint but thanks to the gum will give you +30 HP preventing a K.O. Go back into shop, buy another gum, and rinse & repeat process. The shop is on the street corner on the left side on block 2 I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to all of you who put forth the effort to get this information down in a timely manner.

I unlocked the Ninja Somersault achievement on Gigadeon's second form, I believe the headstomp chain started as he was ending the phase where he shoots bloody red skulls.

For the catching objects, you can just pay attention to the enemy types that frequently grab and toss objects--the dudes with the yellow hair, blue jacket over a white shirt, khaki pants seem to favor thrown weapons.

• 1 year later...