Warning! Achievements glitched at this time.

T0b3

I got Arcade Kompetitor after beating Mortal Kombat twice, both times were on very easy (although trying to beat Goro and Shang Tsung was anything but very easy), with several continues and beating 2 out of 3 Test Your Mights.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was aware of people saying some achievements wouldn't unlock.

Earlier I completed Mortal Kombat and got the achievements. It appeared as soon as Shang Tsung was defeated. And I died many times and had it on very easy.

Now after hours of stress and anger I have completed Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on warrior (very easy difficulty) and I get nothing to show for it, i'm very angry at the fact Shao Khan blows up and nothing pops up on my screen giving me extra satisfying results.

Regardless of the glitch, the achievement says complete on any difficulty.

Can't believe it, believe it I can't.

Edited by budden11

The achievements pop directly after defeating Shao Khan. Watching those credits is pointless.

So they should pop immediatley after defeating each Final Boss for each MK game correct? Because I was talking about Shang Tsung for MK1 not Shao Kahn but since all of the "Beat MK.." achievements are glitching I'll assume you mean Final Boss(Shang Tsung/Shao Kahn). Okay then scratch the credits theory then.

EDIT: I can confirm that each "Complete MK" achievement unlocks right after defeating Shang Tsung/Shao Kahn. Here are some key notes and differences I did on my second playthough as opposed to my first!

Second Run

-I played on Normal but difficulty should NOT matter

-I never switched fighters(Liu Kang all the way)

-I used multiple continues

-Beat all Test Your Might challenges

-Beat MK1 twice and it finally unlocked

On my 1st playthrough(when it didn't pop) I:

First Run

-Played on Normal

-Switched characters

-Used multiple continues

-Had not beat MK1 yet

I'm guessing switching fighters prevents it from unlocking? If somebody here unlocked it in their first playthrough even though they switched fighters then I can 100% confirm the achievement to require multiple playthroughs to unlock and hence being glitched. Needs a patch.

-Beat all test your might challenges

Edited by FeLizP

Yes they should pop right after beating Shang Tsung or Shao Kahn.

So I ended up getting all the playthrough achievements and this is how I did it. Glitchy yes but they did pop for me.

I played MK1 on Normal. Used both Sub-Zero and Scorpion. Used continues and didn't complete one test your might. Achievement popped.

I played MK2 on Normal. Used both Katana and Baraka. Used continues. Beat Shao Kahn and No achievement.

Got very angry :mad:

Played MK2 again on Very Easy. Used Katana. Used continues. Beat Shao Kahn and the Achievement popped.

I played UMK3 on Normal. Played the novice tower. Used Sub-Zero. Beat Shao Kahn and both the achievements popped for beating UMK3 and beating all arcade games.

So the only two things that stick out for me is that beating MK2 on normal didn't work yet beating it on very easy did.

Also people are saying UMK3 is not unlocking on very easy even though the achievement description says any difficulty which is why I did it on normal.

- Played through MK on very easy and got the achievement.

- got the online achievements.

- Played through UMK3 on very easy and didn't get the achievement

Honestly this game is a buggy mess. The achievements are glitched, the netcode is terrible and there is tearing. Not to mention these weird control issues in MK1. Inputs often won't get recognised.

Granted I only played the SNES version before but I can't remember these laggy/weird controls.

Not sure what the deal is with all these buggy achievements as we've seen different situations pop the achievement and others don't. My first time thru MK1, I started as Sub-Zero, playing on normal/medium used plenty of continues and various characters, failed 1 of the 3 test your mights, but ended up finishing the game as Sub-Zero and the achievement did actually pop for me.

It would be nice to know though if there are certain conditions that need to be met or if the cheevos are truly random and glitchy.

Not sure what the deal is with all these buggy achievements as we've seen different situations pop the achievement and others don't. My first time thru MK1, I started as Sub-Zero, playing on normal/medium used plenty of continues and various characters, failed 1 of the 3 test your mights, but ended up finishing the game as Sub-Zero and the achievement did actually pop for me.

It would be nice to know though if there are certain conditions that need to be met or if the cheevos are truly random and glitchy.

Based on every person's post in this forum, there doesn't seem to be any specific requirements. Everyone has and has not unlocked the achievements under vice versa circumstances. So as of now it is simply glitched. Just keep beating the game until it pops. This is the only solution until a patch is released.

Same thing happened to me on MK1. The moment I bought the game I tried to play it through with Scorpion and switched characters a few times but I Beat it with Sub-Zero, No Achievement. 2nd time, I just played through with Sub-Zero all the way, won and still nothing. Then I finally played with Johnny Cage, lost then chose Raiden ( i didnt really do the Test Your might challenges) and won. Once I beaten Shang Tsung and the bodies (or souls if you want to get techincal) start leaving his body, the Achievement unlocked instantly. Just thought maybe, just maybe, it unlocks with certain characters only. Just a Theory.

The achievements seemed to simply be glitched from what I'm reading. I got all 3 of mine in the first playthrough, normal difficulty, multiple continues and switched characters in all games. And in "Test Your Might" in MK1, I failed the last one but that didn't affect me getting the achievement.

Also skipping the credits doesn't affect if you get it or not cause the achievement popped up for me the moment I beat Shang Tsung (in MK1) and Shao Kahn (MK2/UMK3).

Again, I would guess they are just glitched. =/

man this is BULLSHIT I beat mk1 THREE times now and no achievement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:uzi: Ive beat the game with sub zero twice and lu kang once. 1st two runs on normal and third on very easy. I havent even tried mk2 and mk3 after reading the posts I feel like id be wasting my time!!!!! They better fix this crap. Nether realm studios WHAT A DAMN JOKE take our money but give us a sloppy seconds achievement programming.

I'm too tired to try to finish MKII, but I got MK I done and got the achievement in one try. Lost a few times on Goro and Shang and switched Characters multiple times. Missed one of three Test Your Mights.

Was on Very Easy as well.

Try finishing all the test your mites maybe thats why we can't unlock it.

Nope, doesn't matter unfortunately. On my first MK1 playthrough I did completed all the Test Your Might trials and still didn't get the achievement. As of now it's probably a 50% chance you get the achievement for beating the game upon defeating Shang/Kahn until a patch is released.

-I had to beat MK1 twice to get the achievement. Used different fighters but beat it with Lui Kang on first run. Used Lui Kang only on the second.

-Beat MK2 once to get the achievement. Used Lui Kang only.

-Had to beat UMK3 twice before it popped upon defeating Shao Kahn. Used Sub-Zero both times.

These were all one character, Normal difficulty playthroughs, meaning I never switched fighters upon continuing, except for my first MK1 play. So it feels like there's a 50% chance of unlocking DESPITE what difficulty you have it on, trials you beat, etc. I did one character playthroughs as a placebo of it having a better chance of unlocking but as you can see it still took me 2 playthroughs to get the achievement for UMK3 so it's actually not necessary. These achievements are simply bugged due to bad programming so either wait for the patch or keep beating the games until they pop. Nothing more to be said.

Edited by FeLizP

Got all 4 achs (3 games + beating all 3 games).

My suspicion is that you have to beat the last boss with the same character you started it with.

Beat MK2 using the same character all the way through. Ach popped.

Beat MK3 using the same character all the way through (didn't die). Ach popped.

Beat MK1 the first time starting with Raiden, moving all over the character select screen but finishing the game with Sub. No achievement. Played it through a second time using Sub the whole way and it popped. Continued multiple times (mostly on Shang). Ignored the Test Your Mights both times (I'd rather not break the buttons on my stick).

All on Normal difficulties, but based on the fact that multiple people have gotten them on Very Easy, I doubt that matters.

Got all 4 achs (3 games + beating all 3 games).

My suspicion is that you have to beat the last boss with the same character you started it with.

Beat MK2 using the same character all the way through. Ach popped.

Beat MK3 using the same character all the way through (didn't die). Ach popped.

Beat MK1 the first time starting with Raiden, moving all over the character select screen but finishing the game with Sub. No achievement. Played it through a second time using Sub the whole way and it popped. Continued multiple times (mostly on Shang). Ignored the Test Your Mights both times (I'd rather not break the buttons on my stick).

All on Normal difficulties, but based on the fact that multiple people have gotten them on Very Easy, I doubt that matters.

This method may have merit. I started UMK3 with sub, switched alot during continues but ended up finishing using sub and I got the achievement. Can anyone confirm the achievement NOT unlocking finishing with the same character you started with?

Then again, I still sort of reckon it is just a random bug that needs to be patched. Big let down...

In MK1 I started with Scorpion, but ended with Liu Kang. And I got the chievo. So I don't think it matters which character you start/end with.

Well that settles it. An annoying random chance glitch that requires immediate attention. Don't they test their games thoroughly before releasing them into the wild? I for one am extremely disappointed and I haven't even had an achievement glitch on me.

Ok, had to chime in with my own experiences. Gonna lay out everything I did. Got the game early this morning when it went up on Live, blew through all 3 games, having to switch characters often, all on normal. Cheevo did NOT pop on Mk1 or MK2, but did pop for UMK3. Very annoying.

Went back and replayed MK1, this time on very easy. Beat all test your mights. Switched characters a lot. Still no cheevo when Tsung died. Got pissed.

Went back and played MK2, also on very easy, changed characters often. Still no cheevo when Kahn died. Got even more pissed.

Tried the online. Horrified at lag, got even more ridiculously pissed, controller eventually took flight. (But at least I got the online cheevos.) Swore off the game and cursed at such a piss poor glitched port of these 3 classics.

Went about my day, managed to calm down.

Tonight, I deleted game from HD. Redownloaded from Live. Beat MK1 on very easy, only beat 2 test your mights, switched characters a bunch. Cheevo popped the second I killed Tsung! :woop:

Went to play MK2 on very easy, again switched characters a lot, cheevo popped the second I killed Kahn! :woop:

So I dunno, deleting and reinstalling the game seemed to do it. Or maybe it was a coincidence? What a pain. Was this thing playtested at all??? :confused:

Did you find and fight the character at the "?" square, Jade?? I had the same problem with MKII's achievement and I had to go back through it twice, fight Jade, beat it again and the achievement unlocked. You don't have to defeat her, just fight her. The way you get to her is on the match before the "?" mark space, win the first round by using only the low kick button. That'll take you to the portal and into the fight against Jade in Goro's Lair.

Guess what?

I just beat MK2 and guess what happened.. ?

NO ACHIEVEMENT.

FUCK THIS GAME, I'm SO mad right now. Are the devs stupid, stinking monkeys or something?! WTF.