Anyone else feel the same?

KriugerisLT

That finally we got a good oldie game that is still true (somewhat) to old school shooter roots. Sure the game is from 2004, even though graphics are barely worse then CoD's :D A lot more complicated areas with branching pathways, bigger areas to explore with secrets, no stupid regenerating health, fast paced shooting, no stupid cinematic interruptions (there were some, but not nearly as agitating as lets say, Max Payne 3). Felt good to play through Doom 3. Still have Doom 1&2, RoE and Lost Mission left, so it's really a neat package if you're fed up with the "new" generation of FPS games.

Yeah, it's definitely fun to play an "old school" (well, older anyways) type shooter without iron sights. I'm also enjoying the flashlight changes compared to playing it on PC in 2004. I think I might have actually preferred the old way in general, but playing through it again in a more run and gun style is a nice change of pace.

I've also been slowly making my way through the Black Mesa mod on PC. Between that and this it's fun revisiting a whole different era of shooters.

Hell yeah! I played PC original to death back in times when it came out. It wasn't running very good on my pc and can you imagine, i still haven't upgraded it! :D So I kept my copy dreaming that someday i'll get a new pc and play my doom3 on max settings and then bam! they released it on 360 with a sweet solid 60 fps. Haven't enjoyed a shooter game so much in a long time.

Yup. I am enjoying this game alot! played this game back in the day on the original Xbox, while i loved it at that time i didn't manage to finish it. Now, i will especially since i have the expansion + lost missions + Doom 1 & 2 (Which are region locked from where i am, i could use VPN but it's too much of a hassle) so to me, this is a great deal!

The atmosphere in this game is great and nothing like runnin 'N' gunnin while circle strafing. I don't know what they haters are smoking since the game is what it is. You don't get FPS's like those again so it's a great experience especially for people who never played Doom 3 & it's expansions.

Since i don't care for achievements, 600G doesn't bother me. They could have put 0G so, it's better than nothing.

Absolutely. I loved Doom 3 when it was on the original Xbox, and I love it even more now. It was actually kind of a fresh experience this time around not only because I hadn't played the game in years and couldn't remember most of it, but also because I got to play with Astros, so the game felt even more atmospheric. I always liked the sound effects and ambience of the game, but with the simulated 7.1 surround sound, I really appreciated just how well-done the audio was, considering it's from 2004.

I don't really know why some people hate this game. It's a ton of fun and really badass. I actually like the slower, more methodical approach to the gameplay because so many shooters nowadays are twitchy run-and-gun types.

• 2 months later...

I'm enjoying the shit out of this game. Still have it for original Xbox but never finished it.. was too damn scared to play most of the time (this is resolved in this version with the flashlight being always equipped). The atmosphere is great, now I can't wait for Doom 4. Gotta say it was weird getting used to certain things that I've become conditioned to in modern fps's like OP mentioned. But it was fine once I got settled into it kinda like playing Resident Evil 4 for the first time last year.

• 3 months later...

When I heard that doom 3 was available for xbox 360, I immediately knew that this was my change to finally play the game.

When I was a young kid, I saw a friend play this game. He had a very good PC so he could actually play the game. I lived with my mom and my other two brothers so there was no money to buy a good PC.

And know I am at Delta labs 3 at the moment so nearly finshed the game and it's a very sick game:woop:

Not as good as in 2004 when this was ''the real deal'' but still good enough to still be a good game in 2013.

I didn't got it back then because of the flashlight thing. May sound stupid but it was so a pain in the ass... i played a bit with the version of my friend and hated the flashlight thing. So now that they patch it, i was glad to purchase it on 360 and finally do a game i should had a long time ago.

Honestly i will say its fun, but i got to play this 1 hour or so then take a break... but its the case with most FPS and most games in general(exept RPG) in solo for me. Im more of a MP kind of guy these days... I got to admit the lack of story (more or less) is a bit sad but it aint too much of a problem i knew it was gonna be like that... its Doom.. lol

Im just very disapointed they didn't go for the whole collection(Doom 64, Final Doom missing) but non the less a very good buy for 20 bucks...