Legendary...that hard?

qoob

Doesn't feel that hard, but as some have said: way easier/fun with friends. That said, I'm trying to do the last two levels(Data Hive and Coastal Highway) in ODST on Legendary. If anyone could help/if I could join a game where we get those levels done, it'd be smashing. GT: PSI Hypersonic

Could do solo, but more fun in co-op. :)

I just finished ODST on legendary today and Reach a few days before.

I've got to say ... ODST was a TAD harder. Why?

- Jackals with rifles/sniper

- Team mate AI is sooooo crap. Especially during vehicles sequences and im in the warthog. I had the AI 'female' with me in the car and they couldn't shoot for jack, I though it was similar to women drivers (im kidding to all the women out there). BUT Buck was even worse on the last stage.....

Guest Scotty

i must be missing something here everyones saying how easy it is on legendary and heres me, i gave up on this game on i think the second mission on normal difficulty, i dont get it, i completed halo 3 on legendary with a coop partner but this is for me for some reason is too hard. oh well.:confused:

i must be missing something here everyones saying how easy it is on legendary and heres me, i gave up on this game on i think the second mission on normal difficulty, i dont get it, i completed halo 3 on legendary with a coop partner but this is for me for some reason is too hard. oh well.:confused:

I would personally like to say that ODST requires a slightly different type of gaming style. An ODST trooper does not have shields or the surgically nor genetically augumentations that of a Spartan soldier. You have to look for health regen stations, healthpacks and use cover more effectively. What I liked so much with ODST is how you got to play from all the different angles of all the teammembers.

ODST also called for a more of a "cloak and dagger" kind of gaming style with sneaking, assassination and silencers. Master Chief runs more of an all out explosion show in his superior battle armor :) :uzi:

I have so far played Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST and can't really say that any of them is hard. All completed on Normal mode solo, but Legendary Co-op in Halo 3 and ODS is almost easier that Normal solo.

• 2 weeks later...

No, it's not hard. My opinion of the Halos' Legendary difficulty level:

Halo 1 Xbox: 8

Halo 1 PC/Mac: 6 (fighting with the extreme dexterity of a mouse & KB REALLY makes a difference; can dance circles around Hunters and Gold Elites, and eliminate entire sections Solid Snake style without firing a shot)

Halo 2 Xbox: 10

Halo 2 PC: 8 (see above)

Halo 3: 7

Halo ODST: 5

Halo Reach: 5

• 1 month later...
I would personally like to say that ODST requires a slightly different type of gaming style. An ODST trooper does not have shields or the surgically nor genetically augumentations that of a Spartan soldier. You have to look for health regen stations, healthpacks and use cover more effectively. What I liked so much with ODST is how you got to play from all the different angles of all the teammembers.

ODST also called for a more of a "cloak and dagger" kind of gaming style with sneaking, assassination and silencers. Master Chief runs more of an all out explosion show in his superior battle armor :) :uzi:

I have so far played Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST and can't really say that any of them is hard. All completed on Normal mode solo, but Legendary Co-op in Halo 3 and ODS is almost easier that Normal solo.

thanks for the tips but i gave up on this at about level 5 or so, i just cant get back into it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It really helps if you've ran through the game first on Normal. I did that while getting all the collection and 'kill X by Y achievements'. Once you more or less know your way around the game, you can concentrate fully on your Legendary run. It helps a lot to know what weapons you should be scavenging for before any particularly tough fights too. Also if you've completed the Audiophile achievement, you'll have access to the supply caches as The Rookie in any other games you start.

All in all, I've gotta agree with most everyone else. ODST's Legendary isn't as much of a headache as Halo 3's Legendary, partially thanks to the short campaign.

• 3 weeks later...
ODST also called for a more of a "cloak and dagger" kind of gaming style with sneaking, assassination and silencers. Master Chief runs more of an all out explosion show in his superior battle armor QUOTE]

exactly, i did alot of looking at the map and planning startagies, ducking through buildings, that sort of thing ..

im about to do a run through with my wife, cause shes nagging me about it, so if anyone wants in add me (yummipoptarts) or her (inarakatra) and we will burn through this piece of cake on ledgendary

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...