Onyx Medals Guide and Discussion

Nikke84

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting a bit bored of the online I've decided to give the arcade, beast and campaign medals a go. Beast and arcade aren't too bad, I've made good progress and nearly completed them all. What's the best way for Horde waves and money? I'm guessing re-doing a boss wave over and over for money and wave one for waves completed? What are the best ways?

Totally agree on the second point. I'm curious, though, what is the quitting exploit?

There's a thread here titled something along the lines of 55 games per hour on any game type. I think it does require multiple consoles, however. But if you and a friend work at it, you can still each get credit for over 20 games per hour on average, which is easily 3 times faster than idle boosting Wingman on your own.

Seems like too much work to quit glitch games when I could just idle it in my downtime and spend the rest of my waking hours browsing the internet and eating cookies. That's just my 2¢, though, and I've already completed Wingman.

There's a thread here titled something along the lines of 55 games per hour on any game type. I think it does require multiple consoles, however. But if you and a friend work at it, you can still each get credit for over 20 games per hour on average, which is easily 3 times faster than idle boosting Wingman on your own.

Seems like too much work to quit glitch games when I could just idle it in my downtime and spend the rest of my waking hours browsing the internet and eating cookies. That's just my 2¢, though, and I've already completed Wingman.

Ah, OK thanks. I'm inclined to agree. If I'm going to sit in front of my console for that long it would be more enjoyable to just play the game. Otherwise I'll be patient and just idle it.

Was grinding explosive kills using the gridlock method, but using frags instead, got done with the matches, and checked my explosive kill count and nothing added to them?

do the frags not count as explosive kills?

Edit: nvm they did count.

Edited by Omni CEO

So this may be a stupid question but i just got my hands on a 2nd xbox. I was going to try to idle boost skunker with both boxes but every time a DLC map pops up on the playlist the game will automatically disconnect my 2nd xbox. Is there any way to get around this by like disabling DLC on playlists or something or do i just need to suck it up and buy a 2nd season pass?

So this may be a stupid question but i just got my hands on a 2nd xbox. I was going to try to idle boost skunker with both boxes but every time a DLC map pops up on the playlist the game will automatically disconnect my 2nd xbox. Is there any way to get around this by like disabling DLC on playlists or something or do i just need to suck it up and buy a 2nd season pass?

You can move the DLC to a USB device and just remove it while playing System Link. I think it was discussed elsewhere in this thread.

Killing the leader in a round of Guardian counts as progress towards the Abductor medal. I checked my progress before I entered the match (303), killed the leader twice, and saw my progress at 305 after the game was over. I'll try out the other CTL-specific medals to see if it works or not.

I was wondering why my abductor went from 220 to 240 before i started boosting it. lol.

onyxed it now anyways. bringing me up to 50 onyx medals.

thanks Guardian

Hy guys. Which are the best settigs to unlock the spotter onyx medal? I have a turbo Wildfire controller... Which game type is better? I would idle boost it if possible...

I just used 1 console.

Me vs my dummy.

On execution.

I got 2000+ in like hour and a half.

guess that 400 spots ever 20 mins works.

but u cant really idle idle the spotter, youll have to set things up ever new match.

Switch your accounts. The DLC/season pass is tied to the console you downloaded it on, that way your dummy can use it no problems. Then put your main gamertag on your new console and redownload the season pass again on that one.

I (Game Over Drunk) would definitely be up for finding four other people with two controllers who would be up for setting up some skunker boosting sessions!

I mean ideally a couple of people on different continents so we could take it in turn playing and not playing. I think you could run through games pretty damn quickly.

Just by playing 2 rounds Execution 1 minute round duration with the Man up rule turned on and five real accounts on one team and the five split-screen accounts on the other team.

If anyone is interested send me a message on xbl or a PM on here or something.