Oblivion Walker Q+A guide (Work in Progress)

Lo5e

Since there is so many questions about this achievement all over the forums I thought I would post the majority of the questions being asked into this thread with the answers included.

(I know there is a q/a thread but it's not specific to this achievement which many seem to get confused about)

Feel free to message me / post to add any more

Q1- Can you still get the achievement if you sell the artifacts?

A- Yes you only have to have got them once after that you are free to do with them at your own will (sell them etc)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q2- Does the Skeleton Key count as an Daedric Artifact?

A- No it does not

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q3- What quests can you mess up the outcome on?

A- Clavius Vile - You need the Masque of Clavius Vile

Mehrunes Dagon - You need Mehrune's Razor

Namira - You need the Ring of Nimira

Vaermina - You need the Skull of Corruption

Q4- If i mess up one on the quests what should i do?

A- Reload a previous save if you can, or get both the artifacts during the Hircine - Saviors Hide or Ring of Hircine quest follow Webbs amazing guide here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=341623

( NOTE: Only if you mess up one if you mess up 2+ you will have to revert to another save if not possible you will have to restart the game in it's entirety for this achievement)

Q5- Can i get some quest items on one save file then some on another and still get the achievement?

A- No they all have to be obtained on one save file

Q6- For the 'waking nightmares' quest I chose to let the skull get destroyed will it effect the achievement or not?

A- Yes and no it will effect the achievement if you have messed up previously, see question 4 for the solution

Q7- I did all the daedrik quests and did not destroy the skull of corruption and i still didn't get this achievement why?

A- You may have come across an ingame glitch wait for the patch and hope for the best

Q8- During the best friend quest i killed the dog! (Barbas) can i still get the achievement?

A- Yes see question 4 for the solution

Q9- So your not supposed to kill everyone you encounter on these quests?

A- The Dog (Barbas) and Sinding during the moonlight quest (without exploiting) are the only ones you don't kill to get the artifact

(Note: I advise you kill Sindling to make sure)

Q10- The Official guide says the Skeleton Key is an Artifact so it must be?

A- No this is not true and has been confirmed several times it does not count towards this achievement

Q11- How many artifacts are there?

A- 16 but you only need to obtain 15 at any time to get the achievement

Q12- Can you start all these quests from the beginning of the game?

A- No the following quests you have to be a certain level / reach a certain mission in the game:

Masque of Clavicus Vile (have to be Lvl 10)

Ebony Mail (have to be Lvl 30)

Ebony Blade (have to be Lvl 20 and have completed the main “Dragon Rising” quest)

Volendrug (have to be Lvl 9)

Q13- Do i have to feast on Verulus during the 'Ring of Namira' quest to get the artifact?

A- Yes you have to feast on him do not kill him before this stage in the mission (when you arrive in the hall)

Q14- Once i completed the Ring of Namira quest it keeps giving me the option to feast on people why?

A- De-equip the Ring of Namira it has this trait if you equip it everytime to search someones body

Q15- So i have to be evil to get this achievement? but i don't want to!?

A- Sorry but you have no choice if you wan't to get this achievement you will have to do many evil deeds along the way

Q16- One of the quests won't activate for me why?

A- game glitch im afraid it happened to me during the 'house of horrors' quest when it wouldn't activate my advice:

- Follow the steps metioned in question 4

- Wait for a patch (NOTE: this could take a while no quest missions confirmed in the upcoming patch)

- Restart the game :(

Edited by Lo5e

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely Sticky!

I don't know if you fancy mentioning it but you don't actually have to kill Sinding if you wanted to get all of these legit (ie not exploiting)

Also i have a question kind of related to the daedric artifacts that could be added, once i have eaten Verulus, how do i get rid of the option to feast as i don't want to be a cannibal?

Definately hate this achievement, at least its one of the few "bad ones" in the game...

But Skyrim like any TES is actually a game where you can choose your path right? So why does an achievement require you to perform evil deeds... this i don't understand.

Same as asking to pickpockets 50 persons... i am an honest person, i play this game as honest as i can, why should i do that and why should i had to get a bounty in every region of the game... sucks honestly.

But there is only 3 so far i think that are really bad... not too much of a problem... yet it annoys me a bit.

I purposely left some quest out of oblivion cause i was not an evil character... especially some daedric ones, and i don't care there the "best quest" of the game. Personally i prefer being a mercenary hunting a band of thief... i feel like a true hero in a game like that doing stuff like this.

TES is not a game to do many characters... at least not for me. Its a game where i make one, and its HIS STORY that progress trough. I usually do all the quest i want to do and thats about it. I never understood how some people would do many characters...

I LOVE this game, but i would not see myself doing the game twice... since it take so much efforts and time to do, and i would already know the game basically so no interest redoing the same quest.

I did Morrowind 2 times back then, but it was because i didn't knew the joy of online competitive gaming, and because i didn't had much to do back then. (i was not doing out much...) But i basically did the same character 2 times... a good dark elves, did my second playtrought almost the same way i did my first... So you see what i mean...

Just thought I'd let you know that you dont need to start the Elder Scrolls quest to get the Oghma Infinium. I'm not sure if you have to be a certain level though as I was level 36 when I started this quest.

I'd just like to point out that I did all the Deadric quests apart from the Ebony Blade one before I even started the main quest line.

Nice guide mate.:)

Just thought I'd let you know that you dont need to start the Elder Scrolls quest to get the Oghma Infinium. I'm not sure if you have to be a certain level though as I was level 36 when I started this quest.

I'd just like to point out that I did all the Deadric quests apart from the Ebony Blade one before I even started the main quest line.

Nice guide mate.:)

Cheers mate thanks for that ill edit it now

So is it confirmed that you can get the saviors hide and the ring of hircine and get the achievement?

It's confirmed. It works. I did it, but it confused me at first in the order you had to do it.

Part 1:

Talk to Sinding (He's in Falkreath jail)

Kill the White Stag

Help the Werewolf kill the hunters

Talk to the Werewolf after the hunters are dead

Leave the cave

Talk to the ghost

Receive the Ring of Hircine

Part 2:

Then, go back in the cave

Kill the Werewolf

Skin the Werewof

Talk to the ghost.

Receive the Saviors Hide

I'd suggest having a couple different saves, just in the event that something doesn't go right.

Edited by TombRaiser

It's confirmed. It works. I did it, but it confused me at first in the order you had to do it.

Part 1:

Talk to Sinding (He's in Falkreath jail)

Kill the White Stag

Help the Werewolf kill the hunters

Talk to the Werewolf after the hunters are dead

Leave the cave

Talk to the ghost

Receive the Ring of Hircine

Part 2:

Then, go back in the cave

Kill the Werewolf

Skin the Werewof

Talk to the ghost.

Receive the Saviors Hide

I'd suggest having a couple different saves, just in the event that something doesn't go right.

I actually killed him before I left the cave, and got both.

I finished this quest about 100hours ago. is it possible to go back? I'm not sure if I got the hide or not...

Only if you had a save point (but would you really want to do 100 hours again?)

I guess if you love the game that much go for it! :)

Definately hate this achievement, at least its one of the few "bad ones" in the game...

But Skyrim like any TES is actually a game where you can choose your path right? So why does an achievement require you to perform evil deeds... this i don't understand.

Same as asking to pickpockets 50 persons... i am an honest person, i play this game as honest as i can, why should i do that and why should i had to get a bounty in every region of the game... sucks honestly.

But there is only 3 so far i think that are really bad... not too much of a problem... yet it annoys me a bit.

I purposely left some quest out of oblivion cause i was not an evil character... especially some daedric ones, and i don't care there the "best quest" of the game. Personally i prefer being a mercenary hunting a band of thief... i feel like a true hero in a game like that doing stuff like this.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/s2red/Destro%20WOD.jpg

You're a good person, but your logo is the Communist hammer and sickle. Communist regimes have killed millions of innocent people.

I guess associating with evil acts is bad in video games, but in real life all bets are off.

Random one

I cant seem to find Sam Guevenne.

I know it is supposed to be a random encounter when you go into a pub, but I have over 100 hours and have been in all pubs multipul times. This is the last Deadric quest I need to do and was wondering if there is a timetable or something to show where he is and when.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appricieated

Random one

I cant seem to find Sam Guevenne.

I know it is supposed to be a random encounter when you go into a pub, but I have over 100 hours and have been in all pubs multipul times. This is the last Deadric quest I need to do and was wondering if there is a timetable or something to show where he is and when.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appricieated

He honestly just appears randomly but id try later in the evening because there seems to be more people in the bars at this point but try:

Put subtitles on so you can see if sam speaks to you (because you might not see him) but then you know he's in the room somewhere

if you have checked every major city and he's not in any of the bars i don't know what to suggest it's a glitch? or maybe you have to progress further in the quests (but i haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else) so i doubt this is why he's not appearing

I cant progress any more I have done all the main quest and all of the fraction quests.

I will try putting subtitles in and go on a hunt just around all of the pubs.

I dont think it is a glitch I just think its my own bad luck :p. Thankyou for your advise and I shall try it tommorow

regarding the Oghma Infinitum...

When Septimus dies in the that large dwemer container. You can leave without the Oghma Infinitum. If you leave the cave and reenter, the container will be closed, no way in, making the book unobtainable.

I learned that the hard way

.....I am FORCED to be a hero in order to obtain all of the main quest achievements, so why shouldn't you be forced to be evil for a couple? Your logic is flawed.....

Just saying >_>