mixed feelings

ajennice

Big lego game fan, but this one rings in as the worst yet. I like the voices taken from the movies. I like the length of the overall game. But I do not like the open map. I guess i'm accustomed tothe other more linear lego games. The side quests are a bit too much to hop around here and there for and I found the game rather glitchy as compared tot he previous ones. I've had to reset the game a few times for getting stuck behind objects, not being able to drop items for other characters to pick up, and pick ups not being able to be ... picked up.

The B action is of compared tot he rest as well, sometimes you have to almost wait a good few seconds to be able to start builds otherwise you bring up the item wheel. Character/item changing is bad as well. Too many characters at once and having to bounce through them if not using the wheel is painful.

I've gathered 4 quest items and none of the respective laces will accept them...I may have the wrong items, but they look like th epictures under the people...

I don't think a 1000 grind will be gotten here.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

But, when you think about it, LEGO Indiana Jones II utilized a similar kind of open-world mechanic in those games (though, granted, it did separate based on movie). I do agree it is not my favorite yet, but I think it still beats the original LEGO Batman game. I don't know why, but that game just annoyed me.

And the Coop is the worst yet, I agree.

• 5 months later...

This is the only game in our house at which my wife is better than I am. I just don't have the patience while doing the free play to collect each and every mithril brick. I am on 70% but still haven't unlocked any of the multipliers.....Also, this game freezes regularly. And those horrible controls! Hanging on a ledge and having to change to another character from the list, only to have the focus of the game shifting to the useless A.I. player, thus ending up having to play the same platforming sequence again and again!

This must be the 2nd Lego game on which I won't reach the 1000 points.

(The first lego batman glitched out on me on rescueing the 25 civilians, and I just didn't have the heart to replay the entire game just for the 1 achievement.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Hanging on a ledge and having to change to another character from the list, only to have the focus of the game shifting to the useless A.I. player, thus ending up having to play the same platforming sequence again and again!

I agree, this is my first Lego game, and aside from it freezing up on me on a regular basis, it really stinks when you're doing something as one character and then go to switch to another, and then instead it switches the other AI character that you're not playing, into the character you wanted. Seems like it's happening all the time, at the most inconvenient times too :p