Large RP Boosts In GTA Online Races

Crimson Ridley

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I've seen that. Then its obvious that they have more issues with people making money than rank points

Rockstar are making a dogs dinner out of the online now. Why nerf xp and money on missions. There just going to drive people away from the game as this rate.

Good news about CR, someone told me it was nerfed, obviously not, great news for people still needing xp.:woop:

Its just a matter of time before they nerf it anyway. I suggest everyone does CR to boost exp before its patched. R* would do anything to make people stay on the online for a very long time.

Edited by IDarK VorteXX

We didn't discover it, it was being talked about on PS3T. Though, we bought it over here because it's only fair that we all know. :)

Mad props to both of yall for bringing this to our attention. I hit 100 last night using this method. Very easy to find a race with people doing this. I mostly did this with my son. THANKS a million for making the 100 easier!!

I'm on level ~60 and I'm levelling up once around every 15mins. The actual race component (2 laps of Criminal Record) is much shorter than the time in-between the races. It takes soooo long to restart the stupid race!

I'm using a spare account as player 2 and is AFK for the race. But even if I set the job/race in an Invite Only/Friends Only session AND matchmaking=closed, after about every 5 races (after I level up), it always opens up and randoms end up joining the race. Then I'm forced to quit out and setup the job/race again. Does this happen to everyone else, or just me? Any way to stop randoms joining my job/race?

You can kick players by going to "View player's info".

Why do 2 laps until rank 90? If you know the RP received at the end of the race is included in the 5000 cap per race you should know to change to 1 lap around rank 75. At 75 the bonus you get is 3850 then you'll get around 1000 at the end even if you finish 2nd. You really think its worth doing a second lap for 300 RP at the most?

Why do 2 laps until rank 90? If you know the RP received at the end of the race is included in the 5000 cap per race you should know to change to 1 lap around rank 75. At 75 the bonus you get is 3850 then you'll get around 1000 at the end even if you finish 2nd. You really think its worth doing a second lap for 300 RP at the most?

Yes :)

The visual representation of getting the XP is also a part of it.

I was only testing things as I did them, and may not have calculated it all correctly. There's nicer ways of saying that you think I should change something, you know?

I was only testing things as I did them, and may not have calculated it all correctly. There's nicer ways of saying that you think I should change something, you know?

1 lap = rp

2 laps = maximum rp gained message..

2 laps it is....happy days..

I dont browse sony pish 3 forums so i thank you for bringing this to us...many hours of life saved in ranking up..

I'm here looking for help, i just can not get it to work for me. Every time i do it with someone else it works for them.

I've tried reinstalling the update, i've tried changing crews, i've tried using a different gamertag, and a different xbox, i've tried using a new character. I've tried using a custom car, I've tried both players stock, I've tried one person getting first then the other. I've tried constantly streamlining.

I really want to get this to work before it gets patched. I originally started trying as a rank 24, the guy i was with got 28-38 while i got 24-28.

I deleted that guy and made a new one to attempt to reset my personal best. ( i discovered later that didn't matter)

Yes i have the setting correct as its working for other people.

Yes, im beating my first lap time (kinda hard not to)

No, im not crashing.

Please, any help is appreciated, i don't know what else to try :confused:

Edited by Acediazz

Yes and after the end RP, I'm only getting around 1500 RP at most.

I'm in the same boat as you, from watching youtube videos, it seems the bonus that people are recieving that gives the large rp is called "fastest lap"

This is not to be mistaken with "personal best"

I did a solo race on personal and noticed it said my personal record was 01:21 seconds, which is the world record.

So i started a race and had it set to world record, i beat my old lap record which was 25 seconds, lets just say i got 24.

Started one up with it set to personal and it showed my current record as 25 (old fastest lap)

So i thought i had found the key, but! it did not work, and now it has reverted back to 01:21 when i do personal. So I'm kind of flustered at this point.

I tried a different map and noticed it said my personal record was again the world record. So not really mine, this was also a map that i had never played.

Maybe this info can help someone deduce what is going on. I desperately want to do this before it is patched.

i got it working, since my last attempt ive done a few things

i maxed car mods

i bought an apartment

I did some missions

Unlocked ability to do quick survival

i completed some cutscenes. In particular, one i didn't have on my old character but do now, was the cutscene with Ron and the Bald guy in the trailer.

Coincidence? i don't know, but im just reporting what has changed.

UPDATE

Hello, reporting in again.

Just hosted a lobby where it did not work, and i was doing it for a while yesterday no problem.

So I redid a lobby and changed a few things

I had 3 cars that were destroyed, 1 of them was already destroyed before.

So i got the 2 newer ones out, requested delivery but mechanic couldn't make it

I joined a public server. The time it did not work was on an invite only session.

None of my personal cars were out of the garage

I changed all the settings and closed the lobby before inviting the second player.

Hope this helps, either way just reporting what i see.

Edited by Acediazz