Firework launcher removal

LeEk MuNcHeR

Also, keep in mind that Rockstar currently plan to completely remove the firework launcher from your inventory after the Independence Day update has expired, along with any fireworks. The musket, monster truck, sovereign, clothes, masks and tattoos however will stay in the game. The launcher costs 60,000 GTA$ which is a pretty large amount of money for season exclusive content, and we're hoping that everyone who bought the launcher is refunded after the weapon is removed

If they remove it and don't give cash back id be pretty pissed. Since changing RR and coveted it's hard earning fast cash

Read it on this article: http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/08/gta-online-potential-new-flight-school-update-new-jets/

If they remove it and don't give cash back id be pretty pissed. Since changing RR and coveted it's hard earning fast cash

Read it on this article: http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/08/gta-online-potential-new-flight-school-update-new-jets/

I don't think they would remove the Firework Launcher as I still have the Gusenberg Sweeper which was part of the Valentines Day DLC.

I don't think they would remove the Firework Launcher as I still have the Gusenberg Sweeper which was part of the Valentines Day DLC.

As far as I can remember they were never going to remove the Gusenberg Sweeper just take it off the shelf for other people to purchase.

Whereas they have said they would remove items from the independence dlc. I hope I am wrong as I bought the firework launcher and quite like it. It's a new way to kill opponents in style. I would like to have it as a pick up weapon in death matches. Death matches with weapon set to the firework launcher only, now that would be something.

I think or hope that if they do remove an item it's the stand alone fireworks that you have to place. They could then make the firework launcher unable to be purchased but for the people who did buy it, they could continue to buy ammo/fireworks for it. And again make it possible to have the firework launcher as a pick up weapon in death matches so that people who come late to GTA Online could still have a go at using it.

If they remove it, they are going to have some pissed off users on their hands, considering that if they do, we all payed $60k for a weapon we only get for a couple days.

Question: I bought the Fireworks Launcher during the GTA Online Independence Day Special. Will I be able to still use it after the end of this holiday period?

Answer: The Fireworks Launcher is a special holiday item and does not function like a traditional weapon. Once purchased, the launcher will be owned permanently and will remain in your inventory during non-holiday periods as long as you have special fireworks ammo in possession. Outside of designated holiday periods, the weapon will be hidden in your inventory once your fireworks ammo has been depleted.

The Fireworks Launcher along with its ammo will be available again during holidays and other special events when fireworks are traditionally let off. At the beginning of any holiday or special event where fireworks are available, players who purchased the weapon previously will receive one free full refill of ammo per qualifying event in order to make sure players can celebrate.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202671783-Information-About-Future-Use-of-Fireworks-Launcher-in-GTA-Online

Of course, what those holidays and special events are, who knows. Fireworks can be set off for anything anymore! ;)

Edited by jswartz0181

When is the end of the independence day event?

That way I can use up all the fireworks I bought. May as well use them all up seeing that we will get full top ups when the next event that allows us to use the fireworks start.

I have to say I want fireworks all year round, and why is R* taking away an item that encourages us to spend money.

I have seen people using it in rooftop rumble, and it always makes me laugh when the first one gets fired in the car park and all the guys jump to attention and start firing back at us.