Sand generator?

Scnew

Reddit, Hypno, myself, and iRobo made a ~much~ more efficient one, ages ago. It likely still works, even in the current TU version.

Give this one a shot:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avv9ZeP9ySM]Tutorial - Minecraft Sand / Gravel Generator - Unlimited Blocks - XBOX - YouTube[/ame]

It has the Terra Branford stamp of approval! :D

Edited by Terra Branford

Sorry to say, Terra, your design don't work anymore. I probably should have asked Edgar or Setzer for technical help. ;)

Did you actually get that other one to work, DecadentBeaver? It didn't want to for me but there are recent comments on the video saying it does...maybe I did something wrong?

Sorry to say, Terra, your design don't work anymore. I probably should have asked Edgar or Setzer for technical help. ;)
Huh, well, goes to show how caught up I am with what's working on the 360 version. Ever since I moved to the PC side, I don't need to worry about "block generators".

i may be missing the point here but why not just nip into creative spawn some in the change back?

if your wanting to exploit a bug and cheat to get it surely just using creative isnt a problem

Creative Mode is a problem on the 360 version of the game, because Survival mode is the only one that allows you to track your statistics and maintain achievements on your world. The moment you jump to Creative Mode and save, you permanently disable ranking and Achievements.

And while I don't bother with generators (that video was made in response to someone who was all: "Minecraft on the 360 is perfect! You can't do ANY dupe glitches, or make any block generators!!!!!", because I have a habit of wanting to prove people wrong), I don't mind if other people want to. It's not my concern what people do on Minecraft anymore.

see i guess this may not be everyone's way of thinking but who cares? i just banged out the achievements on a separate world before starting on 360 then played how i wanted, minecraft isn't exactly a competitive game and if you lay competitively or rankings its full of cheaters anyway so why bother, just spawn a bunch in on creative and do what you want with the world

see i guess this may not be everyone's way of thinking but who cares? i just banged out the achievements on a separate world before starting on 360 then played how i wanted, minecraft isn't exactly a competitive game and if you lay competitively or rankings its full of cheaters anyway so why bother, just spawn a bunch in on creative and do what you want with the world
As someone who used to be very vocal about "Dupers killing Minecraft", I agree with you about the Online Ranking being completely filled with cheaters... but some people like to keep ~personal track~ of their stats. How many mobs they've killed, how many of a block type they've broken... etc.

The thing is, and it took me ~months~ to realize this, not everyone who uses the dupe glitch, or generators, was doing it to cheat "for the sake of cheating". Although I don't see a point in things like an "Obsidian Generator", or a "Sand Generator", some people actually think they need these things, (maybe they didn't have a decent amount of Beach in their world, and ended up converting all their Sand into Sandstone, or Glass?).

I don't really care, one way or the other, what people do in their game anymore. I had all of the achievements for this game, minus three of them, within the first day or two. The achievements aren't hard at all... so that's not an issue. The only "issue", is that you lose the option to track your personal stats, because you made your world Creative. Which I think is a little much, given that Mojang and Microsoft didn't purge all the people who had 65,556 for ~all~ stats, on day one, and all the people who had very obviously glitched their rankings.

But that's just my ten cents.

I'm playing survival, I've built everything else in this world legitimately. There's one small desert that I like the look of and don't want to completely destroy, otherwise I don't have a whole lot of sand.

Sand generators don't feel like cheating to when you have to legitimately discover red stone and slimed and set up a complex circuit to make it work. Plus I already built a warehouse for it labeled SandMaster 9000.

If I can't find a working one, I'm just going to have to dig up my desert, lay down some dirt under it, and cover the top layer up again, I guess.

As someone who used to be very vocal about "Dupers killing Minecraft", I agree with you about the Online Ranking being completely filled with cheaters... but some people like to keep ~personal track~ of their stats. How many mobs they've killed, how many of a block type they've broken... etc.

i guess playing PC makes it so that stuff doesnt matter since the stats n there wipe themselves all the time

i dont really care if they cheat or not now that creatives in and stupidly usable in survival worlds I just sugested this as its a lot easier than trying to find a bug that works currently and could possibly be fixed at any time to do it

I'm playing survival, I've built everything else in this world legitimately. There's one small desert that I like the look of and don't want to completely destroy, otherwise I don't have a whole lot of sand.

Sand generators don't feel like cheating to when you have to legitimately discover red stone and slimed and set up a complex circuit to make it work. Plus I already built a warehouse for it labeled SandMaster 9000.

If I can't find a working one, I'm just going to have to dig up my desert, lay down some dirt under it, and cover the top layer up again, I guess.

I can't blame you for wanting to preserve your Desert lands. Back when I still played on the 360 version, I didn't want to use generators, glitches, or "cheat" in any way... so I spent a ~lot~ of time digging up Sand and Dirt from under the Ocean. I went through a LOT of Diamond Shovels, to harvest as much Sand as I could from all over the world. Not to mention I leveled an ~entire~ mountain for Sand and Dirt, before I got desperate enough to harvest from the sea.

Not. A. Fun. Time.

i guess playing PC makes it so that stuff doesnt matter since the stats n there wipe themselves all the time

i dont really care if they cheat or not now that creatives in and stupidly usable in survival worlds I just sugested this as its a lot easier than trying to find a bug that works currently and could possibly be fixed at any time to do it

Pretty much. Having to re-earn achievements, because the new update wiped ~all~ data, over, and over, and over again, made me stop caring. I have a world ~specifically~ designed to recover my achievements (minus accessing The End, and Slaying the Ender Dragon... I have to create new worlds for those).

And, yeah... given that the modified Sand Generator I designed as a: "Oh, really? You can't dupe Sand, huh?! Look at this!!!!" project, no longer works... yeah. They squish bugs pretty quickly on Minecraft now. I wonder if my "Ice Block Generator" still works.

Inflation sure has skyrocketed...
Indeed, it has.