too DAMN small.

Goku1552

This should have gone in the bitching thread but since I just jumped on to bitch even more about the same problem, I'll play ball.

I'm having problems seeing things on screen with this game on a level I have never had in a game before. I'm on a 42 inch screen TV and I have to get up and walk over to the TV everytime I get a text in game. It's a serious problem. The shit is way too fucking small, I don't know what they were thinking. The on screen phone is about actual size to a real iPhone, it's basically the same thing as trying to read a text message on your cell phone from across the room.

This should have gone in the bitching thread but since I just jumped on to bitch even more about the same problem, I'll play ball.

I'm having problems seeing things on screen with this game on a level I have never had in a game before. I'm on a 42 inch screen TV and I have to get up and walk over to the TV everytime I get a text in game. It's a serious problem. The shit is way too fucking small, I don't know what they were thinking. The on screen phone is about actual size to a real iPhone, it's basically the same thing as trying to read a text message on your cell phone from across the room.

I'm using a 42" TV and can read everything just fine. Maybe you should have your eyes checked. :p

Hmm, this strays a bit outside of this game (I don't get to get a copy of the game until hopefully Christmas), but could this be the problem with most other games? I just finished Deus Ex and OMG I couldn't read anything! I have a 22" Standard Def TV and I'm actually less than 5 feet from the tv playing games and watching things due to the size of my room. Upgrading the tv isn't an option for me with no income (no, I'm not the one that buys the games so I can't just "save up" for one -_-). I've seen several other games of mine with text near impossible to read too.

I'm curious, why would text size make a difference with standard & HD tvs?

Stop being poor and the problem will fix itself.

:p

Get some glasses? I'm on a 22 inch HDTV and I can read all the text fine never had a problem reading anything y'all must have bad eyes.

Text appears fine for me with a 32" LED HDTV

should either

A) Get a bigger tv

B) Sit closer

C) Go to specsavers

D) keep crying on forums

The three of you jackasses should get together and play Russian Roulette. I'm totally serious.

I'm using a 42" TV and can read everything just fine. Maybe you should have your eyes checked. :p

Nah man, my eyes are fine. Maybe I should go buy a bigger TV. Or move the TV into a smaller room, that'd probably be more economical.

I'm having the same problem also on a 42" TV, I have to lean forward near enough for every text or email I receive and I have perfect vision.

The text does look stupidly small IMO...

This was the biggest complaint I had after playing a couple of hours. The text appears too small. I have a 50" Samsung DLP and I run it at 720p for the xbox. I sit about 10' away from the TV and have to move about halfway closer to read anything that comes up.

I also have a PC hooked up to this TV and have the same problem there. But then, PC on-screen text was designed to look good on a small monitor that sits, usually, no further than 2 feet away. It feels like this game was designed for such a minimal intrusion on the screen that it was probably developed on a PC? Or they sat 2 feet away?

Either way, text font size should be adjustable. All you naysayers out there probably sit with your face inches from the screen. I guess you'll be telling me that I should get a TV bigger than my 50"?

Yeah I have to agree here, they still didn't manage to get the text bigger, ever since GTAIV or other R* games. What I found more annoying is sometimes during driving or whatsoever a tutorial or info text comes up and the next second it's gone like you suppose to read that within 1 second. The text had like 3-4 sentences. DAFUUUQ is wrong with them!

Either way, text font size should be adjustable.

I do mostly agree with this, however!

I do need new glasses, i know that & i just haven't got around to having an eye test yet.

I also have a PC hooked up to the 37" TV i use for my Xbox.

General text on the PC is tricky to read for me unless i lean forward slightly in my chair, GTA5 text is easier to read but not by much.

So, i do think the font should be a little bigger as it's close the edge of tolerable but you shouldn't be having the issues you seem to be having unless at least one of the following is true.

1: you sit to far away from the TV for it's given size.

2: your TV is not HD.

3: Your settings are wrong somewhere.

4: your eyesight isn't as good as you think it is.

The crosshair is too damn small for me. lol Can barely see that tiny little white spec when aiming.

I find this a bigger problem than the text size by far.

Edited by H2O

I do mostly agree with this, however!

I do need new glasses, i know that & i just haven't got around to having an eye test yet.

So, i do think the font should be a little bigger as it's close the edge of tolerable but you shouldn't be having the issues you seem to be having unless at least one of the following is true.

1: you sit to far away from the TV for it's given size.

2: your TV is not HD.

3: Your settings are wrong somewhere.

4: your eyesight isn't as good as you think it is.

I find this a bigger problem than the text size by far.

I've missed loads of information because the text is too small and because it doesn't stay on the screen long enough to move forward and read.

My eyesight is okay, my TV is HD, my Xbox is set to 1080p which is what my TV needs. I am also sitting the correct distance from the TV for its size - viewing distance divided by 3 to determines the minimum size screen in inches.

I usually just lurk around the forums, but I think I'll throw my 2 cents out there.

As someone who started off with his 360 in 2007 on an old SD TV and over the years moved up to a 50 inch TV less than 5 feet away from me, I agree that the text is pretty damn small. I used to have issues seeing some things on screen a few months ago but I got some eye glasses and now everything is much better (so it's not my eyesight). It just happens to be particularly small text (especially when compared to other HD games) for some reason.

It isn't unbearable, but I could see how it would be a massive issue on an SDTV. It would probably even be an issue if you had a smaller HD display and sat too far away from it.

As for the OP. Back before I could afford an HD display, I just hooked up my 360 to my computer monitor using a VGA cable and sat at my desk to play. That was good enough till I could afford something larger and more permanent.

Anyways, hope you can figure out a solution.