Iron Man 2 Achievement Guide and Roadmap

ponypo2001

My personal setup for Formidable was War Machine with 2 machine guns equipped with armour piercing bullets and the Ultimate module. His damage output with these is insane and shreds everything to bits. If Iron Man is more your cup of tea, you'll want a similar setup but opt for lasers in place of the machine guns. Just kill fast and make sure to land and recoup your shields if you are running low and you will breeze through.

that is bang on,i used your war machine setup and went through formidable in about 1hr 30mins,only difference i could see was that Ultimo mission 8 took a little bit longer to kill and the double miniguns,the amount of damage war machine was doing is just stupid,he obliterates everything.

cheers for the tip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be nice if in the descriptions for weapon kills instead of just mentioning where you can get them, maybe how to use them? Which ones are assigned to what trigger, which ones must be switched out for other weapons, etc. Also, if you have to beat many of the levels with both Iron Man and War Machine, shouldn't someone just play through as Iron Man first on easy, then on Hard with War Machine (besides the few levels you cannot be War Machine). I know this is supposed to be an easy game, but it's nice to have all of those questions answered in the guide. It's nice to be descriptive even on obvious things. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'm just saying it could have some additional information to make it easier on some people :)

Also, on Anger Management, that could really be touched up. Say level 3, after escaping the vent. Since you said tunnel, I had kept that mental note and was doing it on level 2. It'd also be nice to explain the enemies count towards this achievement, so destroying everything before the subnet won't guarantee the achievement because you have to kill the enemies who spawn after. Big mistake on hard, as dying resets the building conditions.

Edited by Tyger7

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow. I just beat the game this morning. Formidable was more than I expected, but you were right. It is easier than the first Iron Man's formidable playthrough. I did a few retries, but knowing what I needed from previous runs always helps. Your guide helped me a lot. These guides always do! Thanks for the tips.

Kind of a bad game, but a quick 1000g made even quicker with this guide. Watch out for those missiles!

• 6 months later...
Do the difficulty achievements stack? Like, can I play through it on easy, then skip normal and go for formidable and still get Normal's achievement?

Yep I just play normal and get the easy achievement and then did it on formidable.

But like the guide explain I should have play on easy and then formidable because with the upgrade it's a lot quicker, I did my formidable play half a time I did on normal...

Otherwise just to say great guide and thanks it help me on some achievement, like I can be touched by Ultimo on War machine because I was tring for nothing.

Just got 1000 on it yesterday and I already get the first at 1000, and Hulk, Cap and Thor too , so is someone else ready for avengers??!!! :Bounce:

Go on like this and thanks again.

Yep I just play normal and get the easy achievement and then did it on formidable.

But like the guide explain I should have play on easy and then formidable because with the upgrade it's a lot quicker, I did my formidable play in half the time I did it on normal...

Otherwise just to say great guide and thanks it help me on some Achievement, like I can be touched by Ultimo on War machine because I was tring for nothing.

Just got 1000 on it yesterday and I already get the first at 1000, and Hulk, Cap and Thor too , so is someone else ready for avengers??!!! :Bounce:

Go on like this and thanks again.

I'm playing easy at the min. Then will replay missions on easy, until the last checkpoint and change difficulty to hard or whatever it is :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...