Achievement Guide (750 DLC)

Eternal

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that that guy is from Bungie because I thought bungie was located in Oregon or something and his location sates that he's in tennessee. But oh well it doesn't matter.

Hey, great job on the achievement guide it helps clears up some questions for sure.

And while I'm posting im up for boosting Add me -TSD Dr Pepper

It's definitely still one bro...

I have noticed that oddball kills are NOT one hit kills anymore unless you're assassinating someone, which is hard, because you have the waypoint on your head.

Multiple times I"ve attempted this and it has taken two at a minimum. The achievement would be cake if they didn't change it.

Now i've got all the new achievements, i thought i'd give some tips on how to get them.

Flag Dropped: We'll assume you're on Avalanche as thats the only legendary match with flags, your best chance of getting this achievement is by getting the rockets via the teleporter in your base, then going back to your base and camping next to the flag but just out of sight of anyone who comes to pick it up, then you can just one shot kill them when they pick it up.

Defend This: The best way to do this legtimately is to crouch through the teleporter in their base, kill anyone there and go back through the teleporter and stay crouched a little behidn where you come out so as soon as the other team run through the teleporter *BAM* assassination and achievement unlocked.

Alas, Poor Yorick: This isn't too hard as a majority of games just boost the achievement, but it's worth going in with a tactic, your best bet is to not go for it straight away, get a good power weapon like the rocket launcher and more importantly get the bubble shield, then kill off anyone currently gunning for the oddball and throw the bubble shield down over the oddball, so you can't be attacked from range and get your melee kills.

Look Both Ways: This achievement requires a great deal of patience, my friend and i both got sprees of 4 many times before finally getting the 5th. Avalanche is a great map to get it on as there are lots of targets all pre-occupied with flags/territories/bombs and there's a ghost. It can take over half the game to take this achievement as you will need to measure the chances of you getting a splatter and getting out without getting a kill before making a move, your best spots for easy splatters are the opponent's teleporter cliff, some people choose it to snipe/laser from meaning they aren't looking at the large red dot flying towards them on their radar. The other spot is the middle of the map where the shotgun spawns, just hiding out of sight down the hill then when the corridor fills up, boost through and out the other side.

Road Rage: This is a fairly straightforward achievement, invite a friend to your party and search for DLC big team slayer until you get avalanche, then just take it in turns driving each other in warthogs until you get your 5 kills.

The double kill and assassination achievements are simple enough not to warrant a guide, if you're really stuck get a friend/guest in your match and boost with them.

Good Luck!

The vidmaster:annual tutorial you posted didnt work so well for me and my friends.

This one did though, worked first time!

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3glgkmgECS0]YouTube - Halo 3 - Vidmaster Challenge : Annual Tutorial[/ame]

Hey guys, when the Mythic Map Pack comes out, whenever it does, I'm going to go on a MAD hunt for the skulls. Will they be in Forge? If so then I'll find them, film the locations, and post all six on my file share. So check my File Share about a few days after it comes out. Someone else will probably find them before me but that's ok. You'll know that I will have them on my share.

oddball kills are always one hit except on Ranked Team Doubles.

FROM BUNGIE.NET

Team Doubles

Team Oddball (13.8%) - Hold the oddball for points. First team to 150 points wins. Players spawn with Assault Rifles. Ball Carrier Traits: 75% walking speed, 50% damage. 10 minute match time limit.

The 50% damage is referring to the oddball, making it a two hit kill on that specific playlist. All other mentions of oddball do not state damage stats as it is a one hit kill (i.e. Lone Wolves, Multi-Team, DLC FFA, etc.)

Hey guys, when the Mythic Map Pack comes out, whenever it does, I'm going to go on a MAD hunt for the skulls. Will they be in Forge? If so then I'll find them, film the locations, and post all six on my file share. So check my File Share about a few days after it comes out. Someone else will probably find them before me but that's ok. You'll know that I will have them on my share.

I wonder if Bungie will be nasty and have the skulls appear at random spots.

Question: for Lightswitch, I know it takes 50 EXP to get to it. Does that have to be on one type of game or can it be cumulative...10 on Lone Wolves, 10 on Big Team, and so on (totalling 50). Thanks.

I wonder if Bungie will be nasty and have the skulls appear at random spots.

Question: for Lightswitch, I know it takes 50 EXP to get to it. Does that have to be on one type of game or can it be cumulative...10 on Lone Wolves, 10 on Big Team, and so on (totalling 50). Thanks.

yeah one playlist is fine. you can even get it in the double exp weekend

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/DM/Hl/04CLiGJhbC9HCRt0GltTVkU2L2FjaC8wLzMzAAAAAOfn5-zKwRA=.jpg

Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7 - 0G

Enter into any ranked or social playlist with 7 EXP on the 7th of the month.

For this you have to make sure that you DO NOT have more than 6 exp in any playlist. On the 7th of any month, start searching in the playlist where you have 6 (or less) exp in and win a match. This will get you up to 7 and net you the achievement.

This is not true, you can go into a match with 7 Exp because it says ENTER A MATCH WITH 7 Exp, not get 7 Exp.

Posting that you should boost the achievements in social with a party is not a good idea. Bungie's new system can recognize whether or not guest controllers are being used. So if you are going to boost these achievements, you should be in a party where everyone is playing. Otherwise you will find yourself being hit with the Banhammer and not able to gain exp for 2 weeks. So if you want to avoid punishment, just get the achievements in an actual match the way they are supposed to be.

And for the 7 on 7 achievement, you cannot have more than exp. You have to earn the seventh exp point on the seventh.

for 7 on 7 achievement just select a playlist you have 7 xp on in the matchmaking menu and you will get it, you do not need 2 start a game, nor finish a game to get up 2 7xp (altho that would also work as you will have 7xp when u go back to the matchmaking menu) so you do not have 2 earn the 7th point on the 7th day just have 7XP on any playlist on the 7th day of the month

For the 7 on 7, I can confirm that you CAN have 7 EXP in a playlist and still get it. And you can quit to get it.

So basicly, win a match, quit a match or don't even play a match, all these work and I am 100 % sure of it :)

So happy to hear that. I'll try it in a couple of hours. :goodpost

For the 7 on 7, I can confirm that you CAN have 7 EXP in a playlist and still get it. And you can quit to get it.

So basicly, win a match, quit a match or don't even play a match, all these work and I am 100 % sure of it :)

Cool! I have 6 EXP in one game type and 8 in another.