Coming to America Confirmed

JaxTH

Well, took a while, but looks like we got another update from them, no, this doesn't mention an actual date, but as follows...

Amazon.ca customers have been receiving emails saying that the game has been cancelled. It has not. We can't comment on it yet, but we've been working on getting everything finalized for getting the game out to everyone and we will have a full update on the release within a week.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, well, here's another update anyways, still no mention of a date, but as follows...

We're hot off the heels of a Phantom Breaker status meeting. We've been working with Microsoft as quickly as we can to get everything on the business end squared away for launch. The process is moving forward, but it hasn't been moving along as quickly as we thought it would be over the past week.

Things tend to slow down when big shows are on the horizon (anyone going to be at PAX by chance?) so we should be moving forward again after the holiday weekend.

As we said in the comments late last week there are still some giveaways planned for launch which includes one last Eightarc stick! Not only that, but some of us here will be jumping online to join you in some matches via Xbox Live.

Thanks to all the fans that have stuck with us through this. It's great to see people so supportive of the game, even through the snags we've hit along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go agaain...

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on October 27, 2011 (Order# XXXXXX). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Phantom Breaker - Special Edition"

Estimated arrival date: January 04, 2013

• 2 weeks later...

Just got one of those auto-recordings from GameStop saying that the publisher has decided to cancel the product. Really hope that's not the case.

Maybe it's like those Amazon e-mails, where it's not actually cancelled? Getting some solid info on the status of this game would be nice.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. We must also apologize for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers.

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. We must also apologize for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers.

Where did you preorder that from? Did they just cancel it wherever you ordered it from? :/

I guess this is it, seems 7-S aren't keeping promises and not even bothering to respond back, I mean, what kind of company doesn't do their work properly, less having it around.

Oh well, its either importing it...>_>...Or wait until PB:Battlegrounds to come out on XBLA instead.

Now what are they gonna do with those damn LE's and those completed copies...>_>

The game still exists since 2 people actually played the damn NA version of the game that have it on their GT's (still up on TA). >_>

I guess this is it, seems 7-S aren't keeping promises and not even bothering to respond back, I mean, what kind of company doesn't do their work properly, less having it around.

Oh well, its either importing it...>_>...Or wait until PB:Battlegrounds to come out on XBLA instead.

Now what are they gonna do with those damn LE's and those completed copies...>_>

The game still exists since 2 people actually played the damn NA version of the game that have it on their GT's (still up on TA). >_>

I'm still hoping it will come out eventually someday. I'd like to hear something official from 7sixty but of course they do a very shitty job of informing people of what's going on.

Also, I could be wrong, but I thought there was something recently that said PB: Battlegrounds was only going to be available for Japan.

EDIT: 7sixty has finally said something! :D The following message was posted by them on their Facebook page:

Phantom Breaker update: First and foremost we apologize for the lack of communication from us in regards to the state of Phantom Breaker. We understand that you are excited to get your hands on the game. There are a number of factors going on behind the scenes that have prevented us from speaking out as to the fate of Phantom Breaker and until all avenues have been explored and all parties involved reached an agreement, the fate is still uncertain as of this time. We are listening and are working hard on finding solutions. Hopefully next post you see will have some answers. Thank you all for your support of the game.

It doesn't seem like it is canceled yet, my guess is maybe there is a license issue or something. I hope some good agreement can take place and we can see this come to North America soon :)

Edited by Kairi
Updated information

Well, I hope they do something about it, seriously, and quick, this is really turning out to be another "Otomedius" problem, this one being more delayed than necessary, even with all the issues 7-S is going on lately. >_>

I hope they do something about it too. From the post it seems like they are trying to do something at least which is good. Glad to see them finally said something; it was long overdue lol.