Max Payne 3: Painkiller Location Guide

Infernal

Omissions I noticed, but other wise cracking guide!

Mission 3:

After you kill the 4 guys in the merchandise store ("They seem nice enough") don't follow Passos into the bar. Go right and into the toilets, there's a PK just to the right of the cubicles, past the corpse. This is well out of the way and not recommended for a regular NYM run

Mission 8: At the end, post-Morgue, when you and Passos are behind the podium (?) you both start off in cover. Shuffle to the right, whoop there it is.

Mission 13: There's another PK in the room where you open the security doors (The third 'room' of the level). You start this room taking cover behind a pillar. From here it's in the room at your 3 O'clock position.

Mission 13 again: After you kill the LMG guy you go into a briefing room, then into an Evidence Room, you turn right to take out two guards drawing your attention away from an office on the left-hand-side with a PK on the wall.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omissions I noticed, but other wise cracking guide!

Mission 3:

After you kill the 4 guys in the merchandise store ("They seem nice enough") don't follow Passos into the bar. Go right and into the toilets, there's a PK just to the right of the cubicles, past the corpse. This is well out of the way and not recommended for a regular NYM run

Mission 8: At the end, post-Morgue, when you and Passos are behind the podium (?) you both start off in cover. Shuffle to the right, whoop there it is.

Mission 13: There's another PK in the room where you open the security doors (The third 'room' of the level). You start this room taking cover behind a pillar. From here it's in the room at your 3 O'clock position.

Mission 13 again: After you kill the LMG guy you go into a briefing room, then into an Evidence Room, you turn right to take out two guards drawing your attention away from an office on the left-hand-side with a PK on the wall.

Updated the guide, thank you so much for the feedback.

hmm. One more in chap 13

Mission 13

• Immediately melee the first guy, and in the room where there are two guys the 2 painkillers are in the door on the right hand side on the wall.

• This room is at your 3 o’clock when you start up against the pillar in the room where the 3 prisoners are shot during a cutscene.

Before you exit the jail, there is a pain killer in the cell to your right. *The very last cell in the jail.

Edited by RamboSilce

Guide is done, but if you found one I didn't mention please point it out for me (:

Mission 3

• After the cut scene with the 3 private military guys executing a guy, you’ll retake control of Max you’ll be automatically be put against a counter in a sports store inside of this counter is a painkiller.

In this area is a restroom in the back there is another one, after the one at the counter turn right and into the restroom, before heading in the next room where the cut scene starts.

You only missed 1 I can count so far and I've followed every part of this guide so far. On mission 13 in the Police Station, before the APC when you enter the firefight and have to open the security doors at the end, there is 1 painkiller in the room with the switch like you said, but another that is in the first room to the right, directly where the scene starts. Its in a cabinet on the wall. Just that 1 painkiller though, otherwise, STELLAR guide and keep up the good work!

You only missed 1 I can count so far and I've followed every part of this guide so far. On mission 13 in the Police Station, before the APC when you enter the firefight and have to open the security doors at the end, there is 1 painkiller in the room with the switch like you said, but another that is in the first room to the right, directly where the scene starts. Its in a cabinet on the wall. Just that 1 painkiller though, otherwise, STELLAR guide and keep up the good work!

He does mention that one:

"This room is at your 3 o’clock when you start up against the pillar in the room where the 3 prisoners are shot during a cutscene."

Between these two in mission 14.

•Go through this door and up the stairs after the cut scene, and there is one in the 2nd door and the left.

•When you enter the bathroom there are 2 on the wall across from you.

There is a changing room on the right before you enter the bathroom. There is a painkiller in an open locker to the left.

Mission 5:

•After killing the 2 guys by the truck, you’ll find yourself back inside, after this cut scene the painkiller is to your left in the same room you start out in.

There is a painkiller in the same room as above, but on a shelf.

Edited by Sarsage

I found two new painkillers:

"Chapter 5:

After killing the 2 guys by the truck, you’ll find yourself back inside, after this cut scene the painkiller is to your left in the same room you start out in."

As your guide notes, that's the first painkiller in the chapter. There is another painkiller in this same exact room. After this same cutscene (in which the two guys are curiously investigating the area and approaching you), turn around and it will be on the shelf to the left.

"Chapter 7:

• Once you are outside and you watch the cut scene that triggers when approaching the red gate, and taking max back over, just turn to you right immediately when taking back control of max, it’s on the white table."

Your guide lists this as the 7th painkiller in the chapter. After you're done with the white table, you need to go past a blue shack that has graffiti on it (the graffiti art shows three people with Uzis). After this shack, instead of turning right to progress through the chapter, keep forward and in the left corner there is an alcove with a plastic white chair and table. The painkiller is there.

I found two new painkillers:

"Chapter 5:

After killing the 2 guys by the truck, you’ll find yourself back inside, after this cut scene the painkiller is to your left in the same room you start out in."

As your guide notes, that's the first painkiller in the chapter. There is another painkiller in this same exact room. After this same cutscene (in which the two guys are curiously investigating the area and approaching you), turn around and it will be on the shelf to the left.

I already mentioned this one but the guy isn't updating the guide for some reason.

Mission 12:

After picking up the C4 you can take 2 PKs than place the C4, you get like 6 guys that you need to kill... after that go back inside where the C4 whas located... And tadaaa again 2 painkillers

Mission 14:

In de big hall where you can find 3 painkillers on the far left on the counters. When you go up on the right side in the middle you can find another PK

Edited by poosterv

Mission 14

• Upstairs in the starting area in the little control room, there is a painkiller to the right of the door.

• Go through this door and up the stairs after the cut scene, and there is one in the 2nd door and the left.

Right here, before you go into the room before the main bathroom with two on the wall, there's a smaller bathroom to the right. There's a painkiller in one of the lockers. Sorry, but I just passed that part so I don't have a good description.

• When you enter the bathroom there are 2 on the wall across from you.

Thanks a lot for this guide, thanks to you I have completed all playthroughs, including my NYM HC! :).

Just to add, I've found another on Chapter 14. Where you write about these two:

• In the next huge airport terminal area, there is a pain killer on the 2nd counter about halfway down on the left.

• Continue going along this wall on the left, and there are two more painkillers on this counter.

On the opposite wall, up the escalator there is a cabinet on the wall between the two sections of the huge terminal area. Another painkiller is in there.