Hitman Achievement = Nightmare

o D M C o

I thought I was well on my way to grabbing this one but now I know its gonna be the biggest pain in the arse. From what I can gather, for this achievement you have to execute all 40 (yes 40) hit types during rampage games.

There are 10 types of impact (that I know of); head on, shunt, side swipe, bash, t-bone, slam, strike, barge, overhead and headshot. Each has 4 degrees of severity; light, heavy, brutal and insane. In addition there are rewards (not sure if they count) for first blood, wrecked leader, terminal slam and 360.

It sounds ok until you realise that to get a headshot, you have to hit the underside of a car that is lay on its side, and to get an overhead you have to hit the top of a car. I dont know if overhead can be done when a car is lay on its side, but the only time I was awarded one was when by a mil to one chance a car hit me and somehow flipped me in the air, I landed on the roof of another car and got a headshot. Overheads may be boostable with a partner, if he parks under the starting ramp for you and lets you jump into him. However, as there is no reliable way to flip opposition cars, I can only imagine how long its gonna take to get all 4 different types of headshot. So like I said in the title... nightmare.

If you have a type of crash not listed please say, because it could then be that you dont need to do all 4 degrees of severity, which would explain why I still havent unlocked the achievement.

Edited by o D M C o

i think theres one called low blow too, ive seen it during a race one time, anyone who can help me get this achievement it would be much appreciated, i have 31 out of 49 so far so doing pretty well, anyone know how to get the 'Running the Show' (Dominate a friend in Challenge mode) one?

You cant, just write a list of the 11 crash types;

1. Head on

2. Shunt

3. Side swipe

4. T-Bone

5. Bash

6. Slam

7. Strike

8. Barge

9. Overhead

10. Headshot

11. Low blow

When you get them all your achievement will unlock. Fortunately it appears you dont need to get a light, heavy, brutal and insane impact for each collision type, but this is still a pain. All these occur pretty frequently, although Im not sure what the difference between a bash, a slam and a barge is. No need to worry about 1-8 though as you'll get them long before numbers 9, 10 and 11. Ive now played well over 100 games of Rampage and I still havent seen a low blow. Im sure lots of ppl will get all these in a few games, for some it could take forever

Edited by o D M C o

hitman have you managed to get this achievement yet? maybe we can help each other out in an online session, im on course to get every other achievement in the game except this one, think i need 9 to 11 on your list

must be an easy way of doing it online where you can flip over a car onto its side etc to help boost this achievement, if anyone has worked out a method to doing this please tell me, i think ive got headshot and overhead at one point and just need the lowblow one

A friend told me this one is cumulative. Have i been right assuming it is or do all these crashes have to be done in the same event?

The Cheev popped for me after my second hit in an event so its most definately cumulative.

I did this in public lobby last night wasn't even going for it. So it will come after time.

I only need lvl 20, lvl 30, upgrade all cars and find all hidden packages...

No way should this be a full retail game

So you'd rather it have 400G instead of 1000G im surprised to hear that from someone who clearly loves gamerscore?

So you'd rather it have 400G instead of 1000G im surprised to hear that from someone who clearly loves gamerscore?

My retail comment wasn't regarding GS, I would have been far happier with Showdown being a very good add-on rather than a slight freshen up of dirt 3.

add-on 1600mp - £11.43

game - £30+

Plus Dirt 3 took longer to clock, i played it for a month or so where as showdown looks to be on course for a week. I can see Codemasters bringing out DLC for this tho so time will tell (Outbreak anyone???).

My retail comment wasn't regarding GS, I would have been far happier with Showdown being a very good add-on rather than a slight freshen up of dirt 3.

add-on 1600mp - £11.43

game - £30+

Plus Dirt 3 took longer to clock, i played it for a month or so where as showdown looks to be on course for a week. I can see Codemasters bringing out DLC for this tho so time will tell (Outbreak anyone???).

Yeah it will probs be Outbreak and Cat and Mouse for DLC or more tracks and cars 125G per dlc. I've got it on rent from my blockbusters online rental plan. So the cost doesn't bother me its the only way i can afford to play all the new titles lol. just sucks that im gonna have to shell out 800MS for the online

Yeah it will probs be Outbreak and Cat and Mouse for DLC or more tracks and cars 125G per dlc. I've got it on rent from my blockbusters online rental plan. So the cost doesn't bother me its the only way i can afford to play all the new titles lol. just sucks that im gonna have to shell out 800MS for the online

I've got boomerang and lovefilm, I use them most for single player games or to help boost people on games i've got rid of. I'm hoping for Outbreak DLC why get rid of the best game mode from 3 lol.