Your perfect RPG

Slaughter.

If you want a deep and innovative combat system, then buy KoA. If you want a magic system that has a dream it/make it feeling to it, then play Two Worlds II. Both lack depth to the actual RPG element (NPC interractions, meaningful/interesting quests, etc.).

I will play both eventually. :)

Hopefully one day we can have a jaw dropping rpg similar to what I ranted about. If no-one makes something quite like I will just have to make it myself. :dance:

If you want a really good magic system in an RPG, then play Two Worlds II.

I had so much fun goofing around with this magic system. If I'm not mistaken, it also holds the world record for most customizable magic spells in a video game?

The problem is, a lot of those combinations are relatively useless. I was a little disappointed with it. All in all though, it's an excellent idea, and I think Reality Pump was on the right track. Tweak the system a little bit to ensure that all spells (for the most part) have a use.

Also, I love the post-apocalyptic setting in a video game, (or movie, or book for the matter speaking). New Vegas, I'll agree was a little bland setting-wise (too much desert for my tastes). But I adore the idea of a dilapidated city where highways are in pieces, buildings are crumbling, and society is holding on to their lives within crude made encampments worried about mutated creatures and the greed of those who are not.

Dark Souls pretty much wins every category for me. Combat? Check! Environment? Check! Story? Yup (although it's not in-your-face like most RPGs). Characters? Check...

Ok, it loses on quests, but that's because it doesn't have any. That's one of the great things about the game though, you're never really given a quest, just a hint as to where to next. So, yeah - I guess ME2 or skyrim/oblivion would probably take that one :)

• 1 month later...
skyrim / elderscrolls

why cant we have elder scrolls 6 instead of elder scrolls online! :o

i love skyrim and oblivion, there is so much to do, so many places to and explore, so many quests to do to keep you entertained.

The next true Elder Scrolls game will be amazing, don't worry.

The next true Elder Scrolls game will be amazing, don't worry.

We already got Skyrim, and ESO... it's time for a new Fallout!

I agree Fallout is next, although I much prefer Elder Scrolls.

High Fantasy > Post apocalytpic

I wish I could get into Fallout New Vegas like I did with Fallout 3, but it just feels so meeeeeeeeeeeh to me. The Elder Scrolls 6 will amazing, there is still a bunch of land in Tamriel not covered by the games yet so there is definitely a lot of room to work with for the coming Elder Scrolls games. My only concern is how buggy will either Fallout 4 or Elder Scrolls 6 be. :(

I feel like Elder Scrolls Online will be good, but not enough people will play it, because of the pay wall. We shall see though.

I agree Fallout is next, although I much prefer Elder Scrolls.

High Fantasy > Post apocalytpic

I wish I could get into Fallout New Vegas like I did with Fallout 3, but it just feels so meeeeeeeeeeeh to me. The Elder Scrolls 6 will amazing, there is still a bunch of land in Tamriel not covered by the games yet so there is definitely a lot of room to work with for the coming Elder Scrolls games. My only concern is how buggy will either Fallout 4 or Elder Scrolls 6 be. :(

I feel like Elder Scrolls Online will be good, but not enough people will play it, because of the pay wall. We shall see though.

It'll probably be next gen so maybe they could have multiple continents! Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Hammerfell... Holy. Shit. It could be called Elder Scrolls VI: Tamriel.

That's my guess anyway.

• 3 weeks later...