Mr. Chau?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The times I have managed to unlock Mr. Chau, what I did was replay the Todd boss fight over and over - it's quick (especially at 100 str), you get 20 bucks and an extra life. Usually after the 2nd or 3rd defeat he's popped on the map, and I've done it a couple times.

Obviously no guarantee it'll work for everyone, but, that's my method.

I can also confirm, it has to be at the highest difficulty though. I was trying at easy and normal and it wouldn't work, but then when I switched to hard it worked right away. I was also at 75/200 hp.

He appeared for me during my first playthrough, which was Scott on Supreme Master difficulty. It was after I had already done a TON of grinding to get my level and stats all the way up, since this was before I knew about paying off the late fee to raise my stats faster.

I played through with every other character on Average Joe (and a second time with Kim) and never saw Mr. Chau again. So maybe play on Supreme Master when you're trying to get him to appear? It may just be entirely random, but it couldn't hurt to try that.

The Todd method seems to be working for people, but he appeared for me after getting killed by Gideon and continuing.

Edited by Sharkington

I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard this rumor that if you only beat Mr Chau with a character that has completed the game, the achievement glitches, do you really need to use a character that hasn't completed the game to get it? Kinda want to know before I finish off the next 3 playthroughs.

Aw geez I hope that's not true...

At f*ckin last. Didn't work with beating Todd a zillion times in a row but did on the 2nd go with Roxy. What is also worth noting for everyone is that Mr Chau is not exactly the easiest guy in the game so don't just assume you'll take him when he shows up. Altho I did have it on Supreme Master, only because he didn't show up at all on any other skill level. Anyway, I played Todd so many times I now officially hate the Akira veggie rip off.

Finally got the bastard to appear for Scott after beating Roxie twice, since the Todd method didn't work and I had 86 lives and over a grand to show for it. Chau is now mine for Scott, and Scott only. You do have to beat him with each character to get both Chaus as strikers. After I got him with Scott, I tried using him with other characters and he wouldn't show up.

Finally got the bastard to appear for Scott after beating Roxie twice, since the Todd method didn't work and I had 86 lives and over a grand to show for it. Chau is now mine for Scott, and Scott only. You do have to beat him with each character to get both Chaus as strikers. After I got him with Scott, I tried using him with other characters and he wouldn't show up.

Okay, I'm having this same problem, but I've read multiple posts here claiming the opposite. Another thing I've read here is that only one character has to use Mr. and Mrs. Chau in order to unlock the Chaudown achievement. So maybe it doesn't matter if we can't use them with the other characters.

Okay, I'm having this same problem, but I've read multiple posts here claiming the opposite. Another thing I've read here is that only one character has to use Mr. and Mrs. Chau in order to unlock the Chaudown achievement. So maybe it doesn't matter if we can't use them with the other characters.

I'm hoping that's the case as I beat Mr. Chau with Ramona last night. After beating the game with her, he was just chilling at the start of level 7. I beat him with Ramona and unlocked him, then used him in the shopping district, but Mrs. Chau never once showed up. I'm not sure what the hell is going on, but this is one wonky annoying achievement. Easily doable, but a major pain in the ass nonetheless.

I'm hoping that's the case as I beat Mr. Chau with Ramona last night. After beating the game with her, he was just chilling at the start of level 7. I beat him with Ramona and unlocked him, then used him in the shopping district, but Mrs. Chau never once showed up. I'm not sure what the hell is going on, but this is one wonky annoying achievement. Easily doable, but a major pain in the ass nonetheless.

She'll show up, she is just really rare, you'll get her eventually.

You absolutely do not have to beat Mr. Chau with each character to get Mrs. Chau, i only beat him with Scott and Ramona and i got the achievement. Mr. & Mrs. Chau will only appear as strikers for the characters that have defeated Mr. Chau, not for all characters.

What i did was play through will all characters using their unique striker calls several times during the first few levels and unlocked Nega Scott. I then when through the first level with Nega Scott using his striker call several times. I then went to level 3 with Scott (who had defeated Mr. Chau) and began spamming his striker call. Only took 4 or 5 tries to get Mrs. Chau to show up and Mr. Chau showed up twice, achievement unlocked right on que. I did not even attempt to call Mr. or Mrs. Chau until i had used every other striker call, maybe that had something to do with it.

UGH! This is SO annoying. I HATE it when something gets in the way of my final achievement that involves complete randomness. This is reminding me of Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing. The final achievement for unlocking all other achievements will unlock at random. It's been over 3 months since I got 900 in that game and to this day, still no luck.

Sorry, back on the subject, I've defeated Todd 7 times in a row, still no luck. Incase any of this matters, I've beaten the game with everyone, just unlocked Nega Scott, I'm playing as normal Scott with all stats maxed out, difficulty is Average Joe, and I'm not using any cheats.

Sorry to post again but I GOT HIM! YES!!! I just got home from work, put the difficulty on Supreme Master and decided to beat up on Todd ONCE for an extra life, then BAM! He showed up near stage 6. After defeating him, I went to a stage, summoned Mr Chau, then immediately afterwards, summoned Ms Chau. 200/200 :)

My experience:

After going after the twins repeatedly (10 times maybe) and having already beat the game on Supreme Difficulty with Scott, the Todd Ingram method worked for me on regular difficulty with Stills who I had not yet beat the game with. The fourth time I beat Todd he was on the board.

Also I am stunned how often he and Mrs. Chau pop out. Having called strikers 10 times she showed up once and he showed up six times. Now I just have to hope that she doesn't have to actually kill anyone for the 'chievement to pop.

as it stands for me: finished the game with all characters, used the striker for all characters (making sure i definitely dealt damage with the relevant strikers), unlocked negascott.

once i finished my run through with negascott i took the advice from here and went through the main stage looking for chau. first go, he popped up between stage 1 and 2 once i was back at the map. so far i've only defeated chau with negascott alone.

i've used mr and mrs chau enough times with negascott to be certain that chau's dealt damage because, let's face it, he's immense; but mrs chau's also scared off a fair few people.

but still no striker achievement as of yet. i've also left the credits running each time if that even matters.. god i hate those credits.

that leaves me with one option left - killing chau with the rest of the characters and using both the chau strikers with each one.

also, i love the music from the film set stage. the sooner it's my ringtone the better.

I agree those credits are a it out of hand I beat the game three times yesterday so I could get negascott and it honestly takes about an hour to finish the game on average joe with bionic arms and the power of love, and then the credits are something like 15 minutes.

As to my own question earlier when you unlock Mr.Chau he and mrs.chau ocassionally show up when you use the striker, and I think the best person to try to get mrs.chau with is Romona since if you get knives she'll give you back some guts making it less of a waste.

I beat the game with stills co-op on avg. joe then came to this thread to read up on this cheevo. I did the Todd method and he popped up after I beat todd a second time on AVERAGE JOE difficulty. I really feel sorry for anyone thats been trying to get him for hours cause he popped up for me within ten minutes..

I think I spent more time reading this thread then I did trying to get him to show up.

lolz?

Edited by Greg0fTheDead