Stackable Games for Gamerscore (2+ Versions with Achievements)

The Pants Party

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is an app, not a game, but I thought I'd mention it.

The Amazon Instant Video app for the Xbox One appears to have three stackable versions. The North American version is called "Amazon Instant Video," while the UK and German versions are called "Amazon / Lovefilm." The UK and German versions have an additional Achievement called "Here's looking at you, kid," which requires you to view the details page. All other Achievements are exactly the same.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know if you can subscribe to Lovefilm and get the Achievements in the UK and German versions if you live outside those countries?

The Amazon Instant Video app for the Xbox One appears to have three stackable versions. The North American version is called "Amazon Instant Video," while the UK and German versions are called "Amazon / Lovefilm." The UK and German versions have an additional Achievement called "Here's looking at you, kid," which requires you to view the details page. All other Achievements are exactly the same.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know if you can subscribe to Lovefilm and get the Achievements in the UK and German versions if you live outside those countries?

Ok, so I know I have no room to talk with all the stacks and shitty games I've played just for gamerscore. But why are people going after app achievements since their worth 0gs and don't count towards your stats if you frequent TrueAchievements?

Completion percent, perhaps?

Nope, apps don't count towards any of your stats on TA.

App achievements aren't worth 0 GS. They are worth no GS. That's why they aren't counted. They don't say "Achievement Unlocked 0GS" they just say "Achievement Unlocked."

Oh. Well I don't have an Xbox One yet, I was just going off TA because they have 0 next to the GS.

I don't wanna get too off topic, I was just curious. I shook my head in disbelief when I saw all the guides for Apps on how to boost and grind them to get the "achievements". I mean the don't add to your gamerscore and I would assume they don't count against your completion percentage on xbox, I know they don't on TA.

Nope, apps don't count towards any of your stats on TA.

Not everything revolves around TA... I haven't seen anything on the One detailing completion percentage, but whenever xbox.com updates to include X1 achievement information, there's no reason that those achievements won't count towards achievement completion. They show up as previously played games on the One, their achievement information shows up along with all your games, and aside from the marketplace Microsoft in no way differentiates the apps from the games on the One. There's no reason to believe at this time that they won't be counted, just like how the Microsoft Store achievement is counted (despite how TA chooses to count it).

As for your original question, everyone will have their own reasons. Some may naturally start an app (netflix would be a common one) and may not want to leave it "uncompleted", some want it to increase their achievement count, some may want to increase their completed "games", etc, etc. It's much like asking why everyone scores, everyone has their own motivation :)

IMO I don't think apps should count because technically they're not games, even tho they may have achievements but still, they're not games. Plus app achievements aren't worth anything as mentioned, not even 0G.

MY only question is how do you even get them.

Using both a Japanese account and a UK account, it just brings up the US marketplace and still shows prices in US dollars.

• 4 weeks later...

Tried searching for an answer in this thread but the search function work like vBulletin search engines always does so my question remain.

Since Sleeping Dogs are free at this moment, thanks to Games with Gold, is it possible to download the German version using my German Xbox LIVE-profile? To clarify, I live in another European country.

Tried searching for an answer in this thread but the search function work like vBulletin search engines always does so my question remain.

Since Sleeping Dogs are free at this moment, thanks to Games with Gold, is it possible to download the German version using my German Xbox LIVE-profile? To clarify, I live in another European country.

Yes, it's possible

• 2 weeks later...

Dragon's Lair for Windows 8 has just been released. It stacks with the 360 version.

Also, Halo: Spartan Assault is coming to the 360 this week; it stacks with the One version.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot that there's a Xbox 360/Xbox One Dual Releases thread, which has already mentioned Halo. I don't think there's a similar thread for 360/W8, though.

Edited by Clarissalover

Dragon's Lair for Windows 8 has just been released. It stacks with the 360 version.

Also, Halo: Spartan Assault is coming to the 360 this week; it stacks with the One version.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot that there's a Xbox 360/Xbox One Dual Releases thread, which has already mentioned Halo. I don't think there's a similar thread for 360/W8, though.

All titles stack between different platforms.

Minor exceptions apply.

The Witcher 2 from Korea shows up on the gamercard as the EU version. Didn't see it mentioned in this thread yet. Thought it was interesting because how it is listed now makes it seem like it would have been an international version since Korea is part of "All Other Regions".

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this in, i'm looking to stack the US version of Dynasty Warriors 6 but don't want to waste money on an NTSC console. I've got an NTSC-J console seeing as the thread is saying All other regions for Dynasty Warriors 6 i'm guessing all the asian countries apart from Japan, China & Korea would stack with the US version right?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this in, i'm looking to stack the US version of Dynasty Warriors 6 but don't want to waste money on an NTSC console. I've got an NTSC-J console seeing as the thread is saying All other regions for Dynasty Warriors 6 i'm guessing all the asian countries apart from Japan, China & Korea would stack with the US version right?

I got a copy from Taiwan. Basically, it is a Japanese disc inside an Asian box. Since it is a Japanese disc, it is the Japanese version. It is not the US version.