No clue how people call Apocalyptic difficulty easy...

Cakolukia

The Abyssal Armor suggestion is worthless, you don't unlock it until basically the end of the game. You gotta do a scavenger hunt task and then go kill the final boss.

I didn't find Apocalyptic difficulty to be that difficult. Not that it's easy either, some fights are very challenging but you loose nothing for dieing so who cares. I used the RB dash a lot and there were certainly some enemies I avoided like those blue ghost ladies with the swords, they kick my ass even with the Abyssal armor. I utilized the Stone Skin power a lot, prioritize leveling it to max. Also use weapon damage boosting upgrades. If you're going into a big fight, the undying 'potion' was worth having because when you take a death blow, all your health restores. Then later also have a few Chaos potions so if you need your chaos form to get out of a jam but haven't built it up, this potion can save your butt.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I die at every fight. It takes forever for me to just get by even the smallest battle. This game is really pissing me off. It's not even that I'm bad at these types of games I've beaten hacknslashers on the hardest difficulties plenty of times. This is just plain ridiculous to me. Right now I'm in the choking grounds doing the battle called "The Gory End" and it's freaking impossible! I get 20/30 of the kills and then that big thing just slaughters me. I'm not having fun at all with this thing.

Rant over.

I agree man, it is ridiculous...I got through that part by just avoiding those big fuckers as much as I can cause after all I don't think you need to kill them. I don't even want to see the boss battle between Abaddon & War...that shit is probably ridiculous.

Right now I'm at the part where you go get Tiamat's Heart...and you have to fight that big dude on the highway....Talk about a pain in the ass.

• 1 month later...
I agree man, it is ridiculous...I got through that part by just avoiding those big fuckers as much as I can cause after all I don't think you need to kill them. I don't even want to see the boss battle between Abaddon & War...that shit is probably ridiculous.

Right now I'm at the part where you go get Tiamat's Heart...and you have to fight that big dude on the highway....Talk about a pain in the ass.

one of the easiest fighting games i have ever played, apoc was like playing ninja gaiden 2 on easy, having said that the guy on the highway took me a couple of tries, game was a cakewalk after that, maybe the tc just sucks at fighting games, no offense

So, let me get this stray. Once you complete the game Normal, you pick new game on Apocalyptic and the armor is available from the start? Is that for all your stuff, unlocked moves, powers, life stones, etc or just he armor?

That´s my question, what exactly does the game import to your new game if you had finish it at least one?

So, let me get this stray. Once you complete the game Normal, you pick new game on Apocalyptic and the armor is available from the start? Is that for all your stuff, unlocked moves, powers, life stones, etc or just he armor?

That´s my question, what exactly does the game import to your new game if you had finish it at least one?

You will keep your Apocalyptic Armor if you had it in your previous playthrough on Normal. Nothing else transfers over.

You will keep your Apocalyptic Armor if you had it in your previous playthrough on Normal. Nothing else transfers over.

Damn, I had to spend again all those souls to acquire all again? And go chest hunting again for life and wrath cores? That´s not fun at all.

Story related items I get it, but the rest I tough will be more like Conan or Okami or thousand other games, experience and the alikes being imported. Now I feel stupid for having start on Apoc., although normal has giving me troubles sometimes but manage to die just 2 times so far in the game.

Anyway, thanks for respond.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of playing this game again on apocalyptic, but threads like these makes me second guess my intention... Played it on normal over a year ago and remember it had big boss fights, some of which were quite challenging, but nothing too hard. Well I can always change the difficulty and collect other achievements.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well in my opinion this game has become one of my favorite ones... but it is true... apocalyptic difficulty was more like laffable diffculty, they only add more life points to the enemies.. there was no enhanced AI no stronger guys no nothing! that was the only aspect that dissapointed me of this game, so i really hope they make the 2nd one really apocalyptic hard

I didn't think apoc was too bad until I got to collecting the last sword in the cathedral. There is an armor guy with a few minions, then the acid guy w/minions - but then 2 more armored guys and I am completely stuck.

I wanted to go back and farm more kills, but you can't even go back to before you get dropped at the entrance.

So frustrated at this point. Debating starting over on normal or just sending it back.

Edited by djhepcat

ive had my fair share of problems with different games when all my mates just flew through them,so i know what its like,that being said i just went through apoc diff in one night,less than 10hrs actually and i wasnt running through it,i was spending time levelling the scythe up and collecting most (not all) of the artifacts to get my health up as there was a couple of bosses that caused me problems on normal,so wanted to make sure.

only times i died was because of my mistakes due to being tired lol,i never once got killed by any enemy though,i actually thought apoc was miles easier than normal is,i even had to check my save a few times to make sure it was apocalyptic because i was flying through it so easily.

for me the scythe was my best friend didnt use anything else unless it required it ie: the crystals and using the gauntlets.

this is not a hard game especially when you have the abyssal armour and the harvester scythe nothing can kill you,with the scythe dont forget the holding down the Y move especially when they surround you and it even stumbles the big guys giving you enough time to dodge and get into a better position.

Edited by badboyreaper666

• 7 months later...

I've almost completed this game on Apocolyptic (first and only play through) and I really enjoy the challenge, sure there's been some frustrating points but I've made it past everything and I personally find it refreshing to play a game that can actually challenge me... as much as its fun to beat a game quick sometimes it feels like a lot of recent games aren't very challenging and that gets boring to me.. :)

• 1 month later...

Doing my first playthrough on apoc gotta say I'm stuck at the part where No idea to do spoiler tags (I forgot) So try not to read this

DO NOT READ SPOILER

Where you get the beam of light to free the angel of death and you encounter 2x Angels with dual weapons + 1 behemoth kinda monster, then a set of angels I just get raped.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I beat the game on Apocalyptic difficulty without blocking any attacks and barely using any wrath abilities.

It's not so hard as long as you don't try to go crazy man-mode in the bigger fights. Learn enemy moves and when you can safely attack and then dash away. Some fights are really tough but if you keep dashing around and carefully choose times to attack, you should be alright.

• 1 year later...

This honestly wasn't bad on Apoc. The main thing for me was dodging, I dodged a lot in combat. It keeps you alive. There is almost always a moment when the enemy does a huge attack and then they are sort of stunned for a second or two (sometimes more) while they recover from that, and that's when you dash in, attack quickly, and dash back out. The RB is your best friend. It just take patience, but it's very do-able.