"I Will Survive" Achievement Guide.

i've beaten Cement Man now with both Leo and Don, without dying. what i found to help is to actually walk TOWARDS cement man, just a little bit, right before he sludges around underground. if you hit then run away immediately, he will dig underground, and he will catch up to you and you will likely be cornered or forced to turn more. if you get close to him first, than you have more straight running instead of cutting or making circles. you are faster than him (with any turtle) when simply running away, but when turning he seems to cut you off easier.

Edited by litepink

I just got this achievement last night thanks to this guide, and wow what a relief. The first time I played, I got through Shredder without any problems...got him to half a bar and myself was left with 1.5 bar. I should've finished him but instead ran to get the last pizza and got shot from behind. Argg stupid me...and after every game I got worst and worst. Finally beat Shredder on my 12 attempt in the game, which was also the 3rd time I fought him.

I just got it, hit every object that could kill me and i still made it. On the Neon Night Rider level, I got shot by those guys on the flying guns and it drained all my energy except for a bit of health I couldn't even see, I was ready to give up because I was surrounded by guys, but just my luck I flew over a pizza and it saved me.

I had no real problems with the bosses though, once you get there pattern down there really easy.

I'm so happy I got this achievement :)

The best advice is to go very slowly in that level. Like..snail speed. Okay, maybe not that slow, but you get the idea. Also try to stay directly in the middle since that area has the least amount of planks.

EDIT: I remember someone asked for a video of Neon Night Riders for some reason, so anyway...Quickplay video playthrough with strategy/tips in the description.

Oh man I need this I die at Neon Night Riders in survival =(

Achievement unlocked! Finally!

Here are my notes from getting this NOT FUN achievement. Some of this may be redundant, but I'm of the opinion that you really cannot have too much info when going after these grinding achievements.

I would always have the most trouble with the 3rd stage (Sewer Surfin') and the 8th stage (Neon Night-Riders).

Sewer Surfin' - It seems to me that the Turtles are slightly less agile when they're riding something, and that resulted in a lot of cheap juggles in this stage between the Foot Soldiers, the grates, and the mines. If this is an issue for you, make sure sure SURE to grab a pizza around the middle of the stage.

Neon Night-Riders - The trouble I had here was with Super Krang cornering me and missile-ing me to death, a problem that some have shared on here on the forum. I don't remember who said it here, but I cannot stress enough the strategy of attacking from the north or south (above or below). I would come in from below, get a 3 or 4 hit combo in, then move away (NOT on the same horizontal plane as Super Krang), letting him do whatever attack he wanted, then repeat. Using this strategy, I ripped him to shreds. Also of note in this stage is prioritizing the robots with the blue boxing gloves on. If they get a hold of you, it hurts bad, so take them out with a quickness. Some have also mentioned problems with the Foot Soldiers in the helicopters; I used Donatello so I just chased them around with the special attack until I got 'em. I think it took about 3 hits. Try to stay under them so they can't shoot you.

I died once on Skull & Crossbones, so I felt it important to mention to be careful about dashing around in this stage (and in general, but especially here). When I died on this stage, a lot of it was because I was accidentally dashing into the loose planks or one of those Stone Warriors was spinning me into them. Speaking of which, again, someone has already mentioned prioritizing the Stone Warriors, which I agree with, but especially in this stage because of the above mentioned issue.

Someone mentioned how they found it advantageous to chase Krang around with Don's special attack in the Starbase. I too can vouch for this method. I got crushed & bubbled a couple of times, but took advantage of the pizza on the same screen as the boss.

In closing, I recommend Don for this playthrough as he has the highest defense (according to the game's stats) and the longest range, which was especially useful for Metalhead and Cement Man. I tried it with other turtles but just wasn't as successful with them. Someone here argued that the only turtles fast enough to escape Cement Man were Raph and Mike - this isn't true. Don is the slowest turtle and I escaped him every time. Hope this helped someone out there, and good luck all.

Prehistoric Cement-dude is the only boss that really frustrates me. I wonder about the "just run away while he's underground" strategy... that would likely work for the faster turtles but I would assume there's a way designed for any character to avoid being hit. At least I hope so.

I'll try it before I denounce, however. Thanks for the guide!

I got it on my 4th try I think. The other 3 times I died on the second Krang, mainly due to having to eat the pizza straight away because I'd been battered by the ice traps/something else. He's a lot easier if you just make him run away though. Shredder is relatively simple due to his predictable attack patterns.

Got it on my first try with Leo, it was so easy... so easy that a Prehistoric Turtlesaurus can do it.... The only real difficulty in the game was getting to the boss, which wasn't all that hard, but that was the only time I ever took a good amount of damage. I beat just about half of the bosses without ever getting hit: Metalhead, Cement Man, Leatherhead, Krang 1 and Shredder. They were all basically hit and run.

Edited by optics

Got it on my first try with Leo. There were at least 4 different situations were I was down to less than a block of life! During Baxter (don't know why I was having such a hard time), during Tokka and Rahzar, during Super Krang, and during Sewer Surfin'. Kinda fucked up on Sewer Surfin' though because I missed the pizza at mid level so I barely made it to the end. It was actually harder than I thought it was going to be but glad it only took me one try.

It is my first 100% too! Even though it is only a 200 point game...

I still don't have this stupid achievement. I only make like one attempt every couple days. The last 3 attempts, I've made it to the neon level. Stupid helicopter turret has killed me twice. The boss killed me a third time.

I just made an attempt. Second helicopter got my health down real low. One hit would kill me. I kid you not, the row of pizzas was on screen when I got hit. I was like 1/4 second from full health.

Prehistoric Cement-dude is the only boss that really frustrates me. I wonder about the "just run away while he's underground" strategy... that would likely work for the faster turtles but I would assume there's a way designed for any character to avoid being hit. At least I hope so.

I'll try it before I denounce, however. Thanks for the guide!

Yeah, I can't run away from the guy when I'm the slower guys.

okay everyone who is having trouble with the cement dude i tried this 2 times it worked bill kylde u can add this to ur guide just figured i give u guys my thought for the boss on level 4. as soon as the cement guy goes underground run from corner to corner like a square start from the furthest corner on the screen he will eventually get tired of chasing and come back to regular form where u can hit him also if u have a pizza box still available use it when u have 3 boxes of health left use the pizza box but overall as soon as he is about to go underground run to the furthest corner then go to the next corner furthest away from him dont try to cut across the middle of the screen he will hit u i tried this on quick play and i did find without getting hit once on 3rd hardest difficulty just get a few pratices in on normal quick play then try the survival mode hope this helps any questions just ask thanks guys

hit and run should be your stategy for just about every boss.

Cement Man is more intimidating than he seems. i think i already poseted it in here, but when he sinks, dont run away right away, wait until he starts chasing you. i kept hitting and running right away and he would corner me or cut me off. after he attacks, you have to wait a moment to strike, the collision detection doesnt pick up right away. i have beaten him with only Leo and Don (without dying) so far, the slowest of turtles. i have yet to play thru w/ the other 2.

Krang 2, i literally ONLY used Leo's Special Attack. it hits the little robots and him in one swing. i had over half my life left.

great guide, it should be stickied.:woop:

hit and run should be your stategy for just about every boss.

Cement Man is more intimidating than he seems. i think i already poseted it in here, but when he sinks, dont run away right away, wait until he starts chasing you. i kept hitting and running right away and he would corner me or cut me off. after he attacks, you have to wait a moment to strike, the collision detection doesnt pick up right away. i have beaten him with only Leo and Don (without dying) so far, the slowest of turtles. i have yet to play thru w/ the other 2.

Krang 2, i literally ONLY used Leo's Special Attack. it hits the little robots and him in one swing. i had over half my life left.

great guide, it should be stickied.:woop:

Thanks. Hopefully I can knock out Krang 2 finally. Sad part is, if I can get the Shredder I can beat him easily. Just cannot get past Krang 2.