Achievement Discussion

KAPiNG

XD I am looking forward to the headtracking feature... with a wheel its heaven to look to the sides. You don´t have to drill your head, just lean to the left. :woop:

That's one thing i really want to try as well. :D I hate using the controller to look around.

The only problem i may have is when i'm really into the game i start unconsciously leaning into the corners. :p

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind the kinect achievement so much (since my wife has kinect and I can simply use hers) but the drifting achievement I don't like. Was the last achievement I got in Forza 3. Too hard for me to drift with a controller.

Only thing about Kinect is how do you accelerate and brake? I can see how you would steer but would it read your feet or you would need to move your hands closer or farther from the screen?

What if I just want to slow down only a little? Would it read me moving my hands slightly back like I was letting up on the gas in an actual car?

I don't mind the kinect achievement so much (since my wife has kinect and I can simply use hers) but the drifting achievement I don't like. Was the last achievement I got in Forza 3. Too hard for me to drift with a controller.

Only thing about Kinect is how do you accelerate and brake? I can see how you would steer but would it read your feet or you would need to move your hands closer or farther from the screen?

What if I just want to slow down only a little? Would it read me moving my hands slightly back like I was letting up on the gas in an actual car?

Nothing from this.... the game accelerates and brakes itself. You just have to steer XD. Don´t linke this... :drunk

@3 The achievement needs you to actually BE THE WINNING BIDDER I'm afraid so passing the car around wouldnt work in this case (see below)

Player 1 gets money, buys car from Player 2. Player 2 gives money to Player 3, Player 1 puts car on auction, Player 3 buys. Player 1 gives money to Player 4, Player 3 puts car on auction, Player 4 buys. etc....

It's not perfect and not likely to actually work without a random getting the car, but it's theoretically possible to do it. The achievement doesn't say the Unicorn has to bought from Turn 10 directly.

Player 1 gets money, buys car from Player 2. Player 2 gives money to Player 3, Player 1 puts car on auction, Player 3 buys. Player 1 gives money to Player 4, Player 3 puts car on auction, Player 4 buys. etc....

It's not perfect and not likely to actually work without a random getting the car, but it's theoretically possible to do it. The achievement doesn't say the Unicorn has to bought from Turn 10 directly.

If you have a unicorn car in Forza 3, the achievement will unlock just after the profile import :woop:.

I have a friend at xboxfront.de who has the game already. I looked at his achievement-list and he unlocked it right after the first race which is before the career starts.

I just started a thread about the UNICORN cars (so sorry for posting here aswell) but I wanted some clarification on this achievement as I'm still a little confused by this...

On Forzamotorsport.net it says the following...

In Forza Motorsport, unicorns are unique cars that cannot be bought in the career’s “Buy Car” area. They can only be added to your career garage (and thus upgraded and customized) through the Auction House or as gifts from the Community team. These cars cannot be driven from the common garage that is found in “Quick Race,” “Free Play,” “Split Screen” and “Multiplayer.” They are called unicorns because they are exceedingly rare (it’s a somewhat common video game design term for rare or random items).

Now I know you could buy these cars on the auction house for crazy money but he says here that you was also gifted them from the community team - Now I know i received a few cars during Forza3 saying it was a "GIFT" from Turn10 so are these cars Unicorns :confused:

I'm not happy about the Kinect achievement. Not because it means I'll only get 995G but because achievements are supposed to be a fun little addition to the game that EVERYONE can get, skill permitting. Kinect owners does not cover everyone. The only place where Kinect achievements should exist is with Kinect-only games.

Am I going to say I'm not buying the game though? HELL FUCKING NO! I've been looking forward to this game since May, I have the Limited Edition on pre-order, and I'm getting a racing wheel for this one game. This is the definitive racing game, I'd still buy it and the wheel if every single achievement was tied to Kinect, and even then I wouldn't buy a Kinect.

As for the complaints about the achievement for getting Gold in everything and finishing season 10. Why are you surprised? Forza 2 had achievements for getting all gold, buying every single car, and reaching level 50. Forza 3 had achievements for getting all gold, finishing year 6, and reaching level 50. Everyone should have expected max driver level, all gold, and finishing a season/year achievements. Forza has always been a long game, it was never meant to be finished in a week, it's the kind of game you keep for years, the kind of game that all developers should strive to make.

As for getting a manufacturer to level 50. Who the hell doesn't have a favourite manufacturer? You could probably guess from my username and GamerTag but between the 2000GT-R, the R33 GT-R, the R34 GT-R, the Mine's R34 GT-R, the GT-R SpecV, and the Calsonic GT-R getting myself to level 50 Nissan won't be an issue. Just choose your favourite manufacturer and use their cars in races, there's literally no reason to grind this.

Good news, everyone...

Just saw it on the FM4 forums:

"The "Unicorn Hunter" cheevo will pop as soon as you import your profile from FM3, if you have any Unicorns in your FM3 garage."

So if you preorderd FM4 and tokk part in the Preorder Incentives program or got one of the 3 unicorns in FM3 you'll don't have to worry about this one! What a relief!!

Now I've just this comment made by red_hammer (thanks dude) in the achievement list here at x360a.

My doubt is:According to a post in forzacentral.com the 2007 Lamborghini Superleggera and the 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia are unicorn cars which you get via FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House. Now both of this cars are available at the VIP Car Pack.

So... these cars could give you the achievement also?

Source: http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/forza-motorsport-4/37015-forza-motorsport-4-car-track-list-dlc-%5Bwip%5D-updated-october-1st.html

I will not buy the game because of it...

Sucks to be you.

:birthday:rock

loving the responses to this.

Most of the achievements are just re-hashes from the previous ones, where is the the creativity?

As for anyone not buying this game because of a 5g achievement because you don't want a kinect. GTFO for having a sook.

Agreed. I know that Microsoft only put that in to sell more Kinects, but that just spoilt the whole list for me. I won't be getting a Kinect but will definitely be getting this. Otherwise decent achievement list.

If people aren't going to get this over a 5G achievement, then I feel sorry for them. Caring that much about Gamerscore. Wow.

Edited by Fallout1997

Most of the achievements are just re-hashes from the previous ones, where is the the creativity?

As for anyone not buying this game because of a 5g achievement because you don't want a kinect. GTFO for having a sook.

The only achievement that really felt like an achievement in 3 was the drift score one. I tried 2 or 3 different cars before I settled on the Ford RS200 and then it took me a few tries to get the achievement itself. I was hoping that 4 would have more achievements that required skill like that one.

I like the one where you have to beat a Ferrari 330 P4 with a Ford GT40. They could have done more themed ones like that (eg. Beat a Bugatti Veyron in a drag race with the SSC Ultimate Aero or set a lap time on the Nordschleife with the Nissan GT-R and then beat it with a Corvette C6 ZR1) or just general challenges like getting a car on two wheels without rolling it, getting a muscle car to do a wheelie.

P.S. What's a sook?

The only achievement that really felt like an achievement in 3 was the drift score one. I tried 2 or 3 different cars before I settled on the Ford RS200 and then it took me a few tries to get the achievement itself. I was hoping that 4 would have more achievements that required skill like that one.

I like the one where you have to beat a Ferrari 330 P4 with a Ford GT40. They could have done more themed ones like that (eg. Beat a Bugatti Veyron in a drag race with the SSC Ultimate Aero or set a lap time on the Nordschleife with the Nissan GT-R and then beat it with a Corvette C6 ZR1) or just general challenges like getting a car on two wheels without rolling it, getting a muscle car to do a wheelie.

I was hoping they'd add things like this to the DLC packs but they never seem keen to add extra g to the Forza games :mad: The game has enough cars and yet adding an extra 60 through DLC would be more appealing if you had challenges as you describe to unlock extra achievements like some classic shootouts :woop: Maybe if enough of us ask they may finally add something to extend the life of the game