Texas Heat Fall 2012 DLC out now

fuelstaind

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to go down about 20 people on the global leaderboard, but finally did find someone with this achievement, but not the Spring 2011 ones, so might be legit. FH Poker is pretty much the only game she plays. And why would she only cheat some of the achievements but not all of them?

No one on TA has it yet, but those members likely only play the bare minimum of games until they unlock all the achievements then never touch it again.

I'll confirm for sure if it's not retroactive when I pop it since I have been keeping an exact count of my Heat hands since the DLC came out. If it pops well before I hit 2500 then it's retro, if it doesn't, then it probably is not retro. So far I am up to 844 hands played since the DLC was released.

I have some potentially bad news. This week's Avatar Famestar Challenge - Play 20 hands of Texas Heat. For the first session I sat out for 40 hands and didn't finish this challenge. It wasn't until I started playing hands that I was able to finish it. So food for thought.

It's affecting "Hands Played" but maybe not the Texas Heat Hands Played counter.

I have some potentially bad news. This week's Avatar Famestar Challenge - Play 20 hands of Texas Heat. For the first session I sat out for 40 hands and didn't finish this challenge. It wasn't until I started playing hands that I was able to finish it. So food for thought.

It's affecting "Hands Played" but maybe not the Texas Heat Hands Played counter.

I'd assume it doesn't count towards the Challenge since they wouldn't want to make it a freebie by letting people just sit out. People were sitting out to get the 10k hands done and it popped up for them.

I also think it is partially retroactive now from what I've seen of who has this. Since the Summer 2012 DLC came out, it has actually been logistically impossible to play 2500 hands of Heat even if you played every session so far.

I played a ton of Heat when the game first came out in Spring 2011, so most of my Heat hands were from that period. Several people I've found on the leaderboard who have this do NOT have any of the Spring 2011 achievements. So I am guessing that what Wimp Lo on TA suggested is true in that only the more recent seasons count. I am up to 1250 hands of Summer 2012 Heat and have 15,000 total hands played, so looks like most of my early Heat didn't count.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for being incredibly late to this party but after a year of not playing this game I come back to find new achievements that are apparently tied to the seasons of Texas heat that haven't been updated for ages.

Needless to say I spazzed out thinking I had missed them but I can see that they're still in my list. Did they give up on the timed achievement thing? Are these "new" achievements going to stick around?

Sorry for being incredibly late to this party but after a year of not playing this game I come back to find new achievements that are apparently tied to the seasons of Texas heat that haven't been updated for ages.

Needless to say I spazzed out thinking I had missed them but I can see that they're still in my list. Did they give up on the timed achievement thing? Are these "new" achievements going to stick around?

The achievements added this year are not timed. Thankfully we don't have to play up to 10,000 hands in two months