Unplayable!!!

TheLegendOf1977

Don't know what it is but from the beginning of this week Blur MP has become one big swearfest for me! In every race when getting hit by a powerup i either land sideways or on the roof of my car, being dragged for about a mile before the computer puts me back on the track! Sometimes to anoy me even more, just when i'm about to stop grinding on the roof or side, i'll end up facing the right way and i have to start from a dead stop!! The same with getting hit by powerups, i'll get hit by a mine and instead of spinning forward only losing a bit of health and speed, i'll spin sideways and again: hit the wall with the front of the car and i'll grind it for hours before getting put back. I'm getting hit by powerups while stil in the air and even landing on a mine or shock after, only to get hit by another the second im on the road again! I've got 3 friends that also have Blur but they say the've never had any of this shit happen to them... am i the only one? I only need 30.00o xp for my first Legend but i dont know if i'll be able to play long enough...

I think thats just Blur. But now that you bring it up I have been noticing frequent side tipovers-slides or roof-slides that I dont remember ever landing on my roof or side before all the way up to I45. but that may be because I stopped playing for a few weeks so i may just have forgotten.

oh and regarding the powerup rapeage that happens sometimes especially in the start and in the middle third of the pack.

Yeah, it can happen from time to time. Sometimes, I'll get clipped with a bolt mid- jump and I'll do a somersault and end up bouncing and sliding along the track for what seems like ages until I eventually get reset. One of (if not THE) worst track for this is the Russian steps in San Fransisco. That track can be absolute carnage with 15-20 players!! Particularly if you get reset on a bloody hill!! I was in the lead once on that track, Got into a spin, reset on a hill, only for everyone to overtake me one by one, getting a barge there, a mine here, another barge there and in a matter of seconds I was 16th!

I have also had the thing where you do a full 360, and don't get reset. That's extremely annoying. I wouldn't say any of those things happen too regularly though. You just occasionally get an unlucky race.

My gripe is that the Shunts are impossible to dodge now.

I know they were super easy to dodge in the demo, but they went way too far when fixing it. It's become the Blue Turtle Shell of Blur.

Unless you're hugging the wall in a turn or counter it with another powerup, you WILL get hit.

Well, but Blue Shells couldn't even be blocked with an item...it was pretty much, you hear it coming, and know you're absolutely 100% screwed. But then, it was also a rare item that was usually only given to someone in or near last place. At least you can block Shunts with an item, and can swerve between Shocks.

I haven't played Mario Kart in awhile (maybe I should pop it in again for old times sake), so I can't remember what it took to dodge a Red Shell. You could block it with a weapon, like a Shunt, but I'm pretty sure you couldn't dodge it just by swerving.

On the other hand, if you got someone between yourself and the shell, it would usually hit the person, rather than swerving around the person or even weaving between multiple people to get to you. THAT's the part that pisses me off about Shunts.

Shunts are much more difficult to avoid, but you do have a mod that makes dodging shunts SUPER easy. Much easier than the beta was. To me, that mod is more important than any other mod in that category. If shunts upset you that bad, there's a mod at rank 10 for you. It's worth it.

Honestly, if there's another mod that's more important than ECM, then just be sure to always hold something to stop it. 5 of the 8 powerups all stop a shunt, and one of them is helpful in stalling to try and pick up something else.

Shunt - Stops a shunt.

Mine - Stops a shunt.

Barge - Stops a shunt.

Bolts - 2 stop a shunt.

Shield - Stops multiple shunts.

Nitro - Speeds you up so you can try to pick up one of the above listed.

Repair - Stops you from wrecking due to shunts.

Shock - ... okay, so this one won't help you.

Being that items are all over the track everywhere, it shouldn't be too hard to just try and keep one of these items in your inventory to destroy said shunt.