Any other fable fans feeling betrayed?

gandalf

Great Kinect game and I am loving it so far. I love all the fable games to date and I am a fan of any good game kinect or not. This game is very story driven so far and the controls are great. For once they have made a game specifically for those people who have been complaining about jumping around in kinect games and your still complaining? Hate kinect all you want but stop complaining about a game you haven't even played just because its a kinect game.

I played Fable 2 and loved it.

I played Fable 3 and liked it.

I bought the first Fable and LOVED it.

Now this. Damn you Lionhead.

Almost the same as you.

Played Fable II, loved it.

Bought Fable: TLC on eBay, couldn't play it with my 4GB slim (thanks for the big F YOU Microsoft for not letting people know outright that the HDD wouldn't support Xbox originals) so I went out and got a HDD just to play it and enjoyed it a lot.

Fable III comes out, I spaz out like omg omg omg!!111, almost pre-ordered limited edition etc.. but didn't have the money. I buy it brand new at the store with some minor DLC content included in the box and I buy a limited edition Fable III controller with DLC freebies inside, was severely disappointed because it's predecessors being much muuuuuch better. I had a great time playing it and even bought the DLC when I noticed it was on special one day.

Fable: The Journey.. Kinect? First things first, it's junk and way over priced if you didn't get it with your 360 Slim as a bundle, even then it's probably been used the first few days on Kinect Adventures/Sports and collected dust since like mine has. The fact that they knew how disappointing Fable III was and they made a budget, time and members their studio develop this fully knowing the Kinect is terrible way to deliver a video game to the masses is absolutely mind boggling. At this point I'm about ready to blow off Fable IV entirely even if it does manage to see the light of day. Even if Fable II was amazing, Fable III didn't improve on anything and was riddled with even more game breaking bugs.

/end.sadrant

ps. I forgot to say I will be buying it for my girlfriend most likely because she loves the lore and the characters and all that as much as I do and I'm probably thinking it will be less painful easier to sit through the bad controls with her.

First things first, I find it a tad disappointing that anyone can feel betrayed by a company when it isn't your intellectual property. You don't have to like what they're doing with the games, but you certainly have no real right to feel "betrayed". It was Molyneuxs' IP (now whoever is running Lionhead and answering to Microsoft), it was his call. At least use the word "disappointed" instead of "betrayed". That makes it sound less self-entitled on the gamers' part, honestly.

That aside, I'm perfectly fine with this game being on the Kinect. I did have my reservations at first, but having played through it to almost completion (2 achievements left now), I can honestly say I'm happier with it than I was with Fable III. While III had more clever references, The Journey deals far more with the main chunk of important lore than III ever thought to touch on. The controls aren't as horrendous as everyone seems to assume they are; just don't flail about and it'll control perfectly well.

I played through the whole game and the only issues I have are the length and replay-ablility of the game. I do wish it had a little longer story, especially considering the $60 price tag (which I didn't pay- thank you Microsoft pre-order). The only other issue I have is the fact that once the game is over, it's really over. I loaded up the finished game and it started me all over again with none of my levels or experience.

I thought the controls worked fairly well, especially the shard spell. Having to wave my hand to make the fireball took too long during the more intense enemy waves.

I mentioned a few other minor glitches in another post, but all-in-all I liked the game as a Kinect title. I really don't think this is the end of the Fable story. My guess is that Lionhead will continue the series without Molyneux and the next title will be an RPG with our new friend Gabriel as the guide to our hero.

It would sell way more if it wasn't on Kinect, i bought my xbox so i could sit and chill, not stand and jump about.

If you're jumping around, you're doing it wrong:) Honestly though, you will get a shoulder work-out. After a coupla hours I was feelin' it. Borrow a copy from a friend before you buy. You may be surprised.

As a huge Fable fan and someone who a Kinect, no I don't feel betrayed.. Especially after playing the game through and it being one of the best Fable games and my favourite current Kinect game, I enjoyed this game A LOT... It was MADE for Fable fans it's nothing but lore and Theresa history lessons the whole way through... Not enough Chicken jokes though..

I'd argue that people who feel betrayed aren't really that big a fan of the series. My point of view comes from playing all the games, having 100% on Pub games, F2 and F3 (close on Heroes) and I've read all of the books, including the three short stores. This is a fantastic series and if you've read "Edge of the World" you would understand why playing this game is a requirement if you want to follow what's happening within Albion.

Granted, I haven't beaten Journey yet, I'm close, but even thus far, what this game reveals in terms of the history is just great.

In terms of the actual gameplay, I like it! I'd say that this is up there with Gunstringer as far as great games for the more "hardcore" gamer set. The controls have been great in combat and in travel, but just ok when dealing with puzzles.

Sure, it sucks if you don't have kinect, but it's cheap enough now. Just got get one if you want to play the game that bad.

This is a really, really good game that is vastly under appreciated.