Disguises are Bogus

MicroCool

Whether your dressed as a cop, shop vendor it doesn't matter. It's like everyone has eyes all around their head and will spot u. I mean how can a someone spot u during Chinese New Year with all the fireworks, crowds etc. I'm walking around in a shop outfit and can walk by in a crowd while people are waiting in line to get food but these guys can cook, take orders, serve people and can still spot me. If they can do all that then why the hell are they serving food with talents like that. Don't get me wrong I like a challenge but I think SE went a little over board. I live in a small city and I know if I was dressed just like a cop I could walk by several and they wouldn't notice me, but everyone in the Chicago Police Dept knows every face. Come on

But even then, you don't have enough instinct to last the entire level after just one or two people start noticing you.

I'll probably be in the minority here, that's okay. It's been so long since Blood Money, I can't remember if it has the same affect. But I do enjoy the challenge. I would say do more silent kills to raise the instinct level. Or in all honesty learn the missions. This is a stealth game with a bit of strategy in my opinion.

I'll probably be in the minority here, that's okay. It's been so long since Blood Money, I can't remember if it has the same affect. But I do enjoy the challenge. I would say do more silent kills to raise the instinct level. Or in all honesty learn the missions. This is a stealth game with a bit of strategy in my opinion.

For an example, during the prologue you have to enter the greenhouse. There is a gardener and a guard at the door. You MUST use instinct to enter the greenhouse but then almost all of your instinct is gone by the time you get inside. Now you have to get past a ton of guards and gardeners. I'm still looking for a better way but I hate the linearity of the levels too.

The problem with the disguises is they don't appear to fit in with the rest of the game. The idea behind hiding bodies and creating distractions or noise adds a sense of realism to the game but the disguises take away from that realism. I understand some disguises may be difficult to pull off, like a small team of janitors would recognize if one of their team was missing but when every cop gets suspicious of you, it really breaks that sense of realism.

They should have made it so that if you start acting out of character or got too close then you would have a problem, but when i'm walking along the train platform surrounded by people and every cop is suspicious of me, it begins to feel very unbalanced.

Whether your dressed as a cop, shop vendor it doesn't matter. It's like everyone has eyes all around their head and will spot u. I mean how can a someone spot u during Chinese New Year with all the fireworks, crowds etc. I'm walking around in a shop outfit and can walk by in a crowd while people are waiting in line to get food but these guys can cook, take orders, serve people and can still spot me. If they can do all that then why the hell are they serving food with talents like that. Don't get me wrong I like a challenge but I think SE went a little over board. I live in a small city and I know if I was dressed just like a cop I could walk by several and they wouldn't notice me, but everyone in the Chicago Police Dept knows every face. Come on

not only that but you get spotted way faster and easier than you did in previous games. before you could walk past people and nothing would happen, now you get spotted instantly no matter what

It's been awhile, but this is how I remember it working as far back as Silent Assassin on Xbox 1 too. I was always going mad from how quickly the rumble 'pulse' (which used to tell you how suspicious others were of your disguise) started going nuts. I walked slower, I walked faster, nothing helped if I was even a little close to guards, cops, whoever so I said eff it and used cheat codes iirc. I'm pretty surprised in their attempt to streamline the series they didn't make disguises more forgiving. Bad AI, crappy disguise system... yep, it's classic Hitman. (I still love it to death)

I have not had any problem with this, if you wanna get past a cop, use instinct in a cop uniform, or use a diff disguise and u can walk right past if its not restricted area.

Ristricted areas are only passable as VIP or gang members etc, but they would realisticly know each other, so instinct aids you, but the game offers many ways inside a complex, or around a situation.

You gotta use instinct to blend when you walk by a guard dressed as a guard. It makes more sense for them to be suspicious. It's totally fine.

Not really. Take the on the run levels. You telling me every cop knows what every other cop in Chicago looks like?

If I'm doing something odd then yes get suspicious like in the other games but now? Walking within 10 feet of them and they just know you are a fake? :mad:

It clearly states in the early game tutorials that if you walk past somebody who is of the same profession, or affiliation, as the disguise you're wearing, they will recognize that you are not legit. The only way to evade those people is to use Instinct Mode.

It makes total sense to me.

I totally missed this information. That actually makes a lot of sense. Now it just seems like an attention to detail.

the simple answer is not everyone is the same body size and shape as 47.

therefore its unrealistic to expect every disguise to fit perfectly. you might not recognise every officer in the police force, but you might notice someone wearing a shirt 4 times too big.

but for gameplay purposes, you get detected rather easily, even on normal difficulty

No, it's not bogus, but they changed the way it works (I also prefer the old Blood Money disguises way of working, though)

Now, only a few disguises are 100% safe.

In fact, it's more realistic that way, if you are dressed as a cop, it seems logic that the other cops can spot you.

But, in the first level, for example, if you take the disguide of the cook, you won't be spotted by anyone on the first floor without using instinct (of course, because there is only one cook, so no one can spot you).

But, in purist mode, even without instinct (if the gauge is empty), you have to walk holding RB button to be able to walk without being caught.

In the first level, you have to use instinct to enter but then, you don't need it at all. Take the right road, they will be suspicious but if you keep walking, they won't spot you.

Personally, I don't think the disguise is a flaw of the game, the only thing I find bad in it it's the levels (there are only 5 levels which are true assassinations missions, of the 20 the game have).

You just need to find the good disguise each time, one different from the guys you want to walk near to, and one that let you enter in the zone).

Requiring to do assassinations when the people in the zone already knows you are here is not really a real assassination mission for me. The point of Hitman games is to kill someone without being spotted, so that no one ever know you been there).

Edited by davhuit

On the games official forums one of the devs said they're looking at different options to tweak the disguise system due to fan feedback. They should just add another difficulty called "Classic Mode" and apply the same system from Blood Money.

• 3 months later...
It clearly states in the early game tutorials that if you walk past somebody who is of the same profession, or affiliation, as the disguise you're wearing, they will recognize that you are not legit. The only way to evade those people is to use Instinct Mode.

It makes total sense to me.

Problem is I ain't walking past them, and they are away from me and still see me.

I start to play like Deus Ex.

• 2 weeks later...