Halo themed rugged case with built in 19" display and speakers

lifeexpectancy

For those that haven't noticed, Amazon has exclusive rights to sell the extremely limited run Halo UNSC themed Xbox 360 travel case with built in 19" LED HD display and stereo speakers.

For full information or to order one before they sell out search GAEMS UNSC Vanguard on Amazon or click the link [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Vanguard-Personal-Environment-Xbox-360-6304300/dp/B0091A3AHA/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348904699&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=gaems+halo+unsc+vanguardga]HERE[/ame]. GAEMS co founder has replied to a customer question stating that once the planned production run sells out, no more will be made, and they have a strict limit available to sell and will close pre orders if that limit is reached. He stated "only a few thousand will be made, unlike limited edition consoles which are produced in the hundreds of thousands". Your guess is as good as mine whether a few thousand means 3,000 or 30,000 or 99,999 but I'm guessing they will make fewer than 10,000 as they pushed up their time frame for release from holiday 2013 to Nov 6th to coincide with Halo 4's launch. Info below:

GAEMS and HALO fans;

GAEMS would like to offer through Amazon the ultra exclusive Vanguard that was showcased as a prototype at E3 2012. Amazon is the exclusive retailer for the Vanguard product because no other retailer could bring this bundle to market at this price.

Vanguard is our premium Personal Gaming Environment and comes with several options including some that are not available for the GAEMS G155 PGE. Here are some of the features and benefits you will receive as standard with your Halo UNSC GAEMS Vanguard purchase:

* 19" HD LED monitor that is virtually lag-free with 173 degree lateral viewing angle (G155 PGE has a 15.5")

* Higher wattage chambered speakers for richer stereo sound

* Halo UNSC branded remote control (will work with G155)

* Halo UNSC branded removable carry sling (will not work with G155)

* Halo UNSC branded graphics (water transfer not vinyl skinned)

* Internal LED blue lighting for the ultimate in-fiction gaming experience

* Custom alloy GAEMS badge below rigid handle

GAEMS and 343 Studios would like customers to enjoy the ultimate HALO 4 gaming experience whether that is individually or with friends during the weekly team campaigns. We believe that this experience will be optimized when HALO players choose to gather together for LAN/WAN party gaming.

Please understand that this is a very limited edition product and that we cannot mass produce the Vanguard at this time before holiday 2012.

John Smith GAEMS co-founder

Edited by lifeexpectancy

Whenever I've seen one of these products in the past, I never understood them.

Now, I picture myself in a suit/tie/and aviators carrying this case handcuffed to my wrist. Everyone getting all hyped with "what's in the box" talk, and finally unveiling it as an xbox - and hooking it up to one of the projectors where I work.

Nothing quite like the siren song that is Halo to make you think about buying one of these. I've considered getting one in the past, namely the G155, because I often wind up in hotel rooms on my travels with shit television sets from the 1980s. You know, those fat things that only had RCA inputs, no HDMI or even component video, that only had a resolution of 480i? Yeah, those.

Once I saw this thing, it was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back. Come Nov 6th I'll have my Halo 4 edition console sitting on this Vanguard case, playing Halo on the 19" screen on our coffee table while my wife watches television, at least until she goes to bed and I can go back to playing Halo 4 on our big living room TV.

Don't forget though when you don those aviator glasses, that you won't need the projector at work to play it. Built-in 19" LED and speaker system means you need nothing but the xbox you're packing inside it, and the nearest electrical outlet!

Honestly, I think they should hand out the first Halo 4 edition console sold at midnight in Times Square to whoever is die-hard enough to be the first one in line alongside (or inside) one of these bad boys. I would be jealous of the guy for getting it for free, but it would be great for PR.

My wallet is going to hate me in Nov. I'm selling the copy of Halo 4 that comes with the console for $50, but that means I'll still be out $350 for the console (no sales tax or shipping from newegg), $108 for the limited edition of Halo 4, and $380 for this thing (350 plus tax and shipping). Nearly $840.... jeez, well an early Merry Halomas to me!

Edited by lifeexpectancy

My wallet is going to hate me in Nov. I'm selling the copy of Halo 4 that comes with the console for $50, but that means I'll still be out $350 for the console (no sales tax or shipping from newegg), $108 for the limited edition of Halo 4, and $380 for this thing (350 plus tax and shipping). Nearly $840.... jeez, well an early Merry Halomas to me!

While on the one hand I think you're a little nuts for spending that much money in such a short amount of time for one game, on the other I completely understand and wish I had that much to blow. :) Enjoy lol

Now, I picture myself in a suit/tie/and aviators carrying this case handcuffed to my wrist. Everyone getting all hyped with "what's in the box" talk, and finally unveiling it as an xbox - and hooking it up to one of the projectors where I work.

This is the nerdiest fantasy of all time. Well done.

[spoiler=69]I already have an xbox at my job. I am king nerd of nerd mountain.

While on the one hand I think you're a little nuts for spending that much money in such a short amount of time for one game, on the other I completely understand and wish I had that much to blow. :) Enjoy lol

I agree that I'm nuts, don't worry. But it's not just for the one game. I've considered buying their G155 unit for a long time, and having seen it in action I liked it but felt the sound was slightly sub par and I wanted a bigger screen. It has a 15.5" screen, so a 17" panoramic woulda sufficed. When I saw they fixed those minor gripes with a 19" panoramic and better speakers in this one I was already sold. The Halo theme of the case is just the best icing on a cake I already would've eaten gladly.

I don't plan on getting a 720 at launch unless it launches with Halo 5 in 2014, so I will be playing my 360 plenty on this thing over the coming years. Halo 4 will just be the start. They also said it *should* work fine with the xbox 720 anyway. Even if it doesn't, the 360 has an extensive enough library that it would serve nicely as my "travel gaming" device for another 5+ years. I'll be in nerd heaven come November. Will have to christen it with a few episodes of Big Bang Theory too.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

Jesus...I'd buy the console but I'm low on money now. And I'm betting MS may officially announce their plans for a next gen console at E3'13.

Hopefully Halo 5 will be a launch title, and they'll have an exclusive console for it. I think a Flood-themed Xbox would look nice in my greenish living room. I modeled it after the Halo 2 map, Backwash.

I don't see Halo ever being a non exclusive title. It is Microsoft's Mario.

Re: the UK, unfortunately you're right in that they aren't available as yet for the UK, although I'm sure some will crop up on the 'grey market' for resale to Europe, albeit with a price gouge from the seller looking to turn a profit.

That's pretty cool. No chance in hell I can afford one though. Maybe if I'm luck there will still be some available after the game launches. Between the Xbox, the Limited Edition of the game, the Headset, and the controller, I'm sitting on a pretty $600. I don't have another $380 to plunk down on this. I'll be selling my original Slim and the codes from all my different copies of Halo 4, so I can probably make back $220 or so. That'll pay off enough that I might be able to get it before December.

Yeah a coworker just bought my matte slim off me for $200. I gave her six old games I don't play anymore that I could've *maybe* gotten $30 for separately, but it was for her nieces and nephews that had their mom arrested by child protective services and they got taken in by another family member, so they have never had anything nice. Win win, they get a console and games, and I get $200 to put towards all this stuff lol.

The company guy answering questions said they sold through their first 3 production runs of the G155 before it even launched, and this one is only getting one production run, so I anticipate good chances it will sell out before Nov 6th.

I think thats a neat idea but people have been making portable xbox's for awhile. I've seen this guy make some and they look fanstastic. It is pretty pricey but you get what you pay for. Here is the latest one he made for a customer, I'd really like to have one like that if I traveled alot. He has a video with gameplay as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDZ0XRO9IIs&feature=plcp]15" Xbox Laptop custom graphics - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah I know; I've seen plenty of the custom mods for xbox/xbox 360 laptops that have been around for a while. I prefer to have something made by a company with a warranty and such. Not to mention if you drop one of those Xbox 360 'laptop's, you'll likely break the thing easily. A guy that owns a G155 (the predecessor to the Halo-themed Vanguard) had his dog knock it off a table day 1. Not only was the xbox not damaged at all, but the screen wasn't cracked either. They're made to take a beating, perfect for travel. Not to mention the vanguard case looks a whole lot cooler than even the best top-notch xbox laptop mod that I've seen around.

This is so cool. I might get one if they do them over in the uk I am always traveling all over the place but would shit myself if I put it in suitcase and the xbox or screen cracks cause the dicks at airport throw you're shit about (happened before). Does look very solid though.

Also like you lifeexpectancy I am getting the console and limited edition halo 4 lol Pluss just pre ordered the collectors game guide on the other posts from amazon. Selling the game in console bundle for £35 to a mate.

Edited by plum

It is TSA compliant and fits within carry-on size dimensions, so you don't have to check it in your luggage. That's yet another selling point for it. Got a 4 hour layover/delay in Chicago because of bad weather? No problem, just whip it out, open it, plug it in (plenty of outlets at the airport), and spend your layover/delay playing xbox. The 360 power brick, cables, and two controllers all fit within its interior (bags beside xbox hold accessories) with room to spare for a couple games. Then close it and take it with you onto the plane when it's time to board. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying I swear D: I don't dare drop a pre-order on this because I know I won't have the money, but if they're still in a stock a couple weeks after launch I should have the money saved up to nab it. Got my fingers crossed! If there was some way to finance it I'd just put one on reserve now and start making payments on it, but I can't think of any way to do it without a credit card.

Well interest on credit cards doesn't hit until a month after your next statement after the purchase. For instance my statement is on the 27th, so this won't be on my statement until Nov 27th, meaning I won't be charged interest if I pay it off in full by Dec 27th. I've been using my discover card for 10 years like this, always paying the balance off in full before the next statement. I average $300-400 a year in cashback bonus from using it and have never paid a dime in interest. They're great tools if you're disciplined.