Latest News On Level Cap

Drucifer82

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything would have been different if they had raised the cap by five levels with each DLC and increased our backpack and bank space by now. It really could have been that simple.

This essentially sums up my views. Having bought the season pass, first time buying a season pass for a game, I've been pretty disappointed so far. Pretty much ruined the season pass concept for me.

as far as i was concerned i wasn't looking for a level cap until this one anyways. that's when we got it in the first one. and it doesn't really bother me that it's not in this one. it'll happen, until then I have other characters to play, and challenges to complete.

Back when GearBox first said the only 16.xx% have a level 50 character I believed it. about a week after that i looked on T/A, only 24% of the tracked people there had a level 50. it's up to 34% now, and from what i've seen in their comments section, they're mostly achievement hunters as well.

they'll probably having to rebalance a lot of stuff with a level cap increase. could you imagine throwing out two shielded, dual barrel, slag turrets with rockets? it's only 7 levels away. hell the only thing i've found now that my turrets can't take are the raid bosses and crystalisks. that combined with the 32%, 33%, and 50% decreased cool down rate from class mod, relic, skill points(class mod enhanced), means i always have back up.

that being said, i did skip as many side quests as possible on tvhm to get they level 50 gear, so I have about 650K xp just waiting to turn in. which if you do the math on will only get you to level 53, assuming they don't change the equation mid game.

Even if you manged to fill all your tree its not like its gonna make the game simple for a sinlge player person.

Actually, a Bloodshed/Cunning build with Zer0, with Law and Order (or some other Roid shield/melee gun) does make the game pretty easy with Zer0.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHq-sNkR-Vs]Borderlands 2 Melee Zer0 Terramorphous Kill - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Drucifer82

When did they raise is in borderlands 1 ? How long after release?

borderlands 1 was released Oct 20, 2009

knoxx dlc with level cap increase was released Feb 23, 2010

thats 4 months and 3 days.

borderlands 2 released Sep 18, 2012

it has been 4 months and 5 days as of this post.

borderlands 1 was released Oct 20, 2009

knoxx dlc with level cap increase was released Feb 23, 2010

thats 4 months and 3 days.

borderlands 2 released Sep 18, 2012

it has been 4 months and 5 days as of this post.

It's either next DLC or they're releasing a second season pass.

Lawl

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more this is turning out in my mind to be a clever marketing ploy. The last three DLC combined have had less GS than a single DLC from the previous game. There has been talk for some time of a second Season Pass, meaning more content. They can't go beyond 1750 GS, so perhaps they were cranking out these last dlc to push extra content, but saving the level cap for the end of Q1 so they could push more downloadable content and keep it within the realm of the allotted 1750 GS.

It still sucks, and I really want that cap increase but as I said perhaps Gearbox intended it to be this way from the get go because they know people will spend the money.

So achievement whores are to blame for the shitty DLC. Knew it.

So achievement whores are to blame for the shitty DLC. Knew it.

Yeah I'm not sure I agree with his post. I don't think Gearbox is planning their downloadable content schedule around achievements or quarterly achievement guidelines. I think there's a big misconception from users of this site versus the reality of a developers priorities, achievements being the least of them.

Yeah I'm not sure I agree with his post. I don't think Gearbox is planning their downloadable content schedule around achievements or quarterly achievement guidelines. I think there's a big misconception from users of this site versus the reality of a developers priorities, achievements being the least of them.

Yeah it was mostly a joke. But I'm seriously curious what the developers priorities actually are? Do they every go on the forums? Seriously people on here and the official forums have outlined specifically what most people want. The only reason I haven't traded this game in yet is because I got suckered in to the season pass and for some reason I'm still curious about the 4th DLC. Gearbox needs to step it up and fast. Starting at the end of next month we enter into the AAA early gaming season.

Yeah it was mostly a joke. But I'm seriously curious what the developers priorities actually are? Do they every go on the forums? Seriously people on here and the official forums have outlined specifically what most people want. The only reason I haven't traded this game in yet is because I got suckered in to the season pass and for some reason I'm still curious about the 4th DLC. Gearbox needs to step it up and fast. Starting at the end of next month we enter into the AAA early gaming season.

If you spent the time and made something that came under this much scrutiny, you might not want to look at your own forums either. I don't know if they look at them or not, it doesn't feel like it but I'm sure some of them must. It's not like they need to, I follow Randy Pitchford on Twitter and everytime he Tweets there are a bunch of nasty comments within seconds. Look at what fans did to Mass Effect 3 by complaining. It probably isn't the healthiest thing for those people to dwell on what the forum responses are, considering most of them aren't constructive.

If you spent the time and made something that came under this much scrutiny, you might not want to look at your own forums either. I don't know if they look at them or not, it doesn't feel like it but I'm sure some of them must. It's not like they need to, I follow Randy Pitchford on Twitter and everytime he Tweets there are a bunch of nasty comments within seconds. Look at what fans did to Mass Effect 3 by complaining. It probably isn't the healthiest thing for those people to dwell on what the forum responses are, considering most of them aren't constructive.

To be fair to Gearbox, their forums aren't nearly as bad as the scum filled BioWare Social Network but I do agree with the general premise. It's hard to really do something well when you have a bunch of snarky comments thrown in response almost instantly.

I think that the reason there are so many people complaining about Borderlands 2 and Gearbox is because they have become too big for their cult following. Borderlands 1 was a great game and the DLC were great except for a few little things(moxxi's underdome, collecting stuff for achievements in claptrap DLC). We were not only impressed by the game, but the DLC content as well.

Borderlands 2 was a great overall base game that improved on the first and was a great sequel to the first game. This is where Gearbox has gotten too big for us. Rather than create a DLC for a game and franchise they created they outsourced all their DLC so far to a company that doesn't understand the fan base. They have created 3 sub-par DLC's that IMO degrade the original game. Each had potential but they all seemed rushed and unfinished. I would have rather waited until for DLC 1 as long as it was worth playing and replaying but as it sits now, I may never replay any of them.

Overall the biggest problem Gearbox has is communication. If Gearbox had come out and said, we are on strict deadlines with colonial marines and had to outsource some of the BL2 DLC's rather than just be hush hush about it, many of the complainers would have went away. Most would have just probably asked for them to quality control their own DLC and insure its up to their own standards. If Gearbox had said from the beginning that the LVL cap increase would come from a percentage of players maxing out from the beginning then maybe giving us a weekly number so we could track progress that problem would be solved.

The last problem I will address is the fact that Gearbox believes they over powered some weapons and shields(CC+Bee). To give in to people who complain that weapons/shields are OP when the simple solution is not to play with them or people who use them. Btw, I have yet to come across someone in matchmaking who thinks weapons need to be nerfed. There is a simple fix that would oleviate this problem in one easy step without ruining some peoples game play. Institute a LVL Cap increase and either nerf the higher levels or just make it so those OP weapons and shileds are not available after LVL 50.

It's a long post but each thing is simple and basic and some is even common sense. Some people may not agree with me and that is OK, but it's hard to argue that Gearbox's main problem is communication with its fan base.

Now, the problem with that and the reason it's unfixable for me is that there is absolutely no chance that I will ever pay (or prepay for another season pass) full price or buy this content I've described day one. I would have to wait for it to go on sale because Gearbox has lost my trust when it comes to DLC.

And I've gone further to be suspicious of not only their DLC, but their full retail games, as well (looking at you, Aliens: Colonial Marines).

Gearbox have been put "on notice" with me and I'm going to scrutinize the shit out of what they do now.

And I won't be buying those goddamn heads and skins for 80G apiece, either.

"We also didn’t want to wait so long that people were no longer interested or felt like it wasn’t coming.”

Wow, it took them THAT long to figure that out? This strikes me like they've closed the barn doors long after the cows have run away.

As much as I love Borderlands 2, I'll admit the DLC isn't nearly as spectacular as BL1. A friend of mine had a corrupted save file after she downloaded the Big Game Hunt, which is why I'm holding off playing BL2 until such problems are solved. And, as I've stated in a post in the 3rd DLC forum, if they don't give us a level cap or even a storage increase then I'll give up on Borderlands 2 altogether. A great game such as this doesn't deserve such unreliable support.

Honestly, I would love a level cap increase today if that was possible, but I feel like even without it there is still a wealthy amount of content available on the game to warrant still playing. Just my opinion.

Have 5 level 50's, farmed for days, working on final challenges to increase BA Rank and still haven't touched the DLC; yet I haven't taken this game out of my console since Dec.

I understand the desire and I will be overjoyed when the level cap does get raised, but until then I still find myself not being able to walk away. Bravo GBX!

Level cap may be much further away than we thought (if it happens at all now) according to the wording Randy uses in this interview:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/02/07/borderlands-2-level-cap-increase/

Some of the shit he says is so ridiculously stupid, based on the experience they should already have under their belt with BL1, that I can't even comment right now. I'll leave it to you all to discuss.

Tl/dr: They basically don't have a clue as to what to do about the cap.

Level cap may be much further away than we thought (if it happens at all now) according to the wording Randy uses in this interview:

Some of the shit he says is so ridiculously stupid, based on the experience they should already have under their belt with BL1, that I can't even comment right now. I'll leave it to you all to discuss.

I could barely even make it through this interview, the more that guy talks the more I wanna punch him in his fat fucking mouth. They've botched this game post release so bad it isn't even funny. It's completely unfuckable at this point and they know it.

Oh, and for the latest Borderlands related patch news, those idiots put out an update for their iOS game today, for the six people who are playing that heap.

I've gotten 5 50 characters a BAR of over 75k and it's still fun to play solo or with friends.

I'm just wondering how many of us will lose our characters by time this cap is raised. Seems like every DLC/patch they put out deletes some players info. I'd honestly recommend backing up all your saves before getting this next DLC/Cap.

I do believe i damn near called that one. My new opinion is they should just say fuck it and slowly up the level to what ever would give us all skill maxed out. thinking it's around 150ish for that to happen though.

i wonder what peoples reactions would be if they increased the level by about 10, but only gave you 6 more skill points.

side note: just finished the rest of the dlc missions i had, got about 1.5 million xp just waiting, plus a few missions that are only available after those are turned in. plan on doing the same with my gunzerker character to, but more so. would like to see how much xp there is in all available side missions at lvl 50.