Xbox 360 Joysticks for Ace Combat

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 'Edge' flight stick for AC6 is very similar to the AC5 flight stick: both are Hori Flight Stick 2 products. I just love my AC5 flight stick: it transforms the gameplay to a whole new level of control and enjoyment, way beyond anything you could do with a simple hand controller. I'm still wondering if you can do 'high G' with the flight stick though, as this requires holding down both triggers on the hand controller in the demo: the throttle stick on the 'EDGE' obviously can't perform in the same manner.

Does anyone know if this Bundle will be available in the UK?

All I can see is it being from american sites. I mean I could order the bundle but the game wouldn't be PAL so I'd have to buy another copy of the game :(. I hope theres a pal version of the bundle. Or atleast somewhere selling the flight sticks seperate for the UK.

Sadly, I hear the bundle will not be released in Europe. But, they do sell the sticks seperately in Japan. I know Play Asia has them listed here: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-70-24j8.html

Seems kind of expensive to me, Might not be a bad idea just to get the US version and sell off the game to someone seeing as the price is the same. Hope this helps some.

OK, so I got suckered in and ordered mine off of Amazon. They should be at my house soon. I'm really hoping it's worth the extra $90, I'll have an opinion on that one next week.

Has anyone seen the bundle in any stores? I checked around this week and couldn't find them at all.

OK, so I got suckered in and ordered mine off of Amazon. They should be at my house soon. I'm really hoping it's worth the extra $90, I'll have an opinion on that one next week.

Has anyone seen the bundle in any stores? I checked around this week and couldn't find them at all.

I actually own it. The flight sticks are fairly large and they come with some good "feet" already, so they hold to the surface they are on pretty well. They also come with suction cup feet that you can put on so if they are not holding, you can make them hold. The buttons are in a pretty good placement, there are only a few buttons i think i would have changed, but they probably put them in their places so that the sticks could be more universal becuase if you really felt like it, though im not sure why you would, you can actually use these things for any game....

....The flight sticks are fairly large and they come with some good "feet" already, so they hold to the surface they are on pretty well. They also come with suction cup feet that you can put on so if they are not holding, you can make them hold......

That's good to know. It would be a shame if they didn't have a solid feel to them. I knew that suction cups would be included but if the sticks are flimsy then I don't even think the cups would help.

I should have mine in on Monday since UPS doesn't do weekend delivery :( I checked the tracking # and it's here and ready to go.

That's good to know. It would be a shame if they didn't have a solid feel to them. I knew that suction cups would be included but if the sticks are flimsy then I don't even think the cups would help.

I should have mine in on Monday since UPS doesn't do weekend delivery :( I checked the tracking # and it's here and ready to go.

Now after playing the game for about 10-15 hours total, I can add some more about the feel of the flight stick. I get annoyed with the "Right Bumper" button be on the bottom of the stick, as I notice I kept accidentally activating auto pilot, even if it was only for a split second.... I also believe I am holding it to tightly now that I play a lot online, since when I stop playing my finger joints hurt, but that's probably just me. As far as a positive with the right bumber, and this is going to contradict what i just said about it, on certain missions that auto pilot helps out considerably. I didn't use it, I would just tap it and it would straighten my plane out immediatly.... Though I only needed this on one mission, and thats cause I was trying to do it with speed instead of finese:)

Well, I got my sticks in yesterday and I have to say that I'm also happy with them. The size is very good and they feel solid. I recommend picking them up to any fan of the genre. Now I just have to get better :)

Also this is to just help you out a little. To do a high-g turn with the flight stick you have to utilize your LB button on your throttle.

I got mine and they are fantastic. My only problem is whenever the game displays something it always does it on the controller. It would of been really cool if they did it with the joysticks when you had them plugged in. Also is it me or are some of the buttons different? Like the game said I needed to press both bumpers to engage auto pilot but I only pull the lower trigger on the stick and it does it.

I got mine and they are fantastic. My only problem is whenever the game displays something it always does it on the controller. It would of been really cool if they did it with the joysticks when you had them plugged in. Also is it me or are some of the buttons different? Like the game said I needed to press both bumpers to engage auto pilot but I only pull the lower trigger on the stick and it does it.

The buttons are def different, but if you think about it that is good since you obviously don't have some of the buttons.

i agree, also why are there no instructions for the flght stick itself when it says on the box to refer to them?! the ace6 game box instructions dont even touch on the subject of stick controls and those roller things on the throttle dont even do anything!wtf!

i agree, also why are there no instructions for the flght stick itself when it says on the box to refer to them?! the ace6 game box instructions dont even touch on the subject of stick controls and those roller things on the throttle dont even do anything!wtf!

The controls for the flight stick are right on the stick itself, all except high G turn which is LB... and those knobs on the throttle, no they aren't even wired up to anything. They used the design of an already after market flight stick and throttle and just modified it for their purposes.

The controls for the flight stick are right on the stick itself, all except high G turn which is LB... and those knobs on the throttle, no they aren't even wired up to anything. They used the design of an already after market flight stick and throttle and just modified it for their purposes.

yeah but on the box it explains all the functions of the buttons, as well as on the sticks themselves. but the box says to refer to the manual inside for further detailed insructions. if they rally meant the little book that comes in all games then why not just say refer to the game manual? it's just wierd. there isnt a single portion of this game that act's as if it knows a flight stick even exist!

aside from all this, i attached my flight stick to my playseat evolution by compleatly compressing the unit to its storage mode and removal of the pedal holder. iall i need now is that stickshift attachment for the throttle and boom! got my self a jet cockpit, awesome.