Things you both like AND dislike in games

Vampire Amaya

Is there anything in games that you like, but at the same time you can't stand it?

I like collectibles in games, but at the same time I hate them with a passion! It gives you something to do when you don't want to do any more missions/levels, but there always seems to be too many!

I like an open world feeling in some games, but hate the way there can be just way too much to explore.

I'm the same with collectibles, some games I love them but others I just can't be bothered with the hassle and I'd wish they'd just go!

The knife in Call of Duty. No, seriously. Love it when I can get my own back on people and go on a huge killing rampage with just one swipe but when it comes to be getting kicked up the booty numerous times in one match by the same person with the knife... well you can guess what I like to shout out to the TV!

I love being able to develop romantic relationships with characters, but half the time there is no depth to the relationship, and it generally just boils down to sex. Still, being able to emotionally connect with a NPC is pretty cool.

THE INTERNET AT IT'S FINEST LADIES AND GENTS!

You asked for it, you can't un-ask for it!

thanks for the new sig, weird dude

Wow, can't say that I've heard many people say that.

Because no one should ever say it ever.

I love being able to develop romantic relationships with characters, but half the time there is no depth to the relationship, and it generally just boils down to sex. Still, being able to emotionally connect with a NPC is pretty cool.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-B3e2bFEGviQ/T1n_sdSZwpI/AAAAAAAAFTM/uJY89qvsPSI/s1600/dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

Collectibles...

I absolutely hate them when there are too many. A prime example is the 300 pidgeons in GTA 4

But on the other hand I do quite like them when they are easy to track, such as the collectibles in Far Cry 3

And the feathers and flags in Assassin's Creed 1 and 2. However I thought they were done nicely in Assassin's Creed 3. A game where collectible safe done nicely is Batman: Arkham City; you don't see specifically where the Riddler Trophies are, but they are broken up into regions, which prevents hours of searching for the last freaking collectible.

OT: Like B A R 4 D mentioned, multiplayer. Games like Call of Duty, Halo, and Battlefield should have multiplayer with achievements, but games like Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed should not have multiplayer at all and should focus on single player, because that's what those games excel in.

Legitimate difficulty.

Its great to have an AI opponent that puts up a good fight because he is smart and actually knows how to fight back, counter etc.. It forces the player to actually get good and not learn mundane patterns.

But this also creates an issue of frustration where the game can almost become too difficult and unfun.

Honestly the feeling of success against a really tough/smart opponent out-weighs the frustration.

Legitimate difficulty.

Its great to have an AI opponent that puts up a good fight because he is smart and actually knows how to fight back, counter etc.. It forces the player to actually get good and not learn mundane patterns.

But this also creates an issue of frustration where the game can almost become too difficult and unfun.

Honestly the feeling of success against a really tough/smart opponent out-weighs the frustration.

And then there's the artificial difficulty of hundreds of enemies, virtually no health, and bullets who don't do damage.

Legitimate difficulty.

Ditto. I'm playing Infinite Undiscovery on infinity mode right now and just making it through the first 20 minutes of the game took about 6 hours and many, many deaths and four-letter words.

I was going to try and find a way to say this simpler than Spade but short of an abbreviation I can't figure out how to. They're both fun and game breaking for me. I'm probably the only person on this site who actually hopes our scores reset next-gen.

No, Mr. White. I am with you on that.

I was going to try and find a way to say this simpler than Spade but short of an abbreviation I can't figure out how to. They're both fun and game breaking for me. I'm probably the only person on this site who actually hopes our scores reset next-gen.

I don't want a complete reset but I would like to see score earned on 360 and "720" differentiated on our profiles.

Although if there was a complete reset, I wouldn't be completely pissed. Maybe a bit agitated but not enough to leave the brand.

I don't want a complete reset but I would like to see score earned on 360 and "720" differentiated on our profiles.

Although if there was a complete reset, I wouldn't be completely pissed. Maybe a bit agitated but not enough to leave the brand.

Totally agree I'd rather have the scores differentiated but still have a total score. Why would anyone want to have there gamerscore reset?

360 and 720 different would be good. You can have them total on the main gamercard, then split off once you access it.

Totally agree I'd rather have the scores differentiated but still have a total score. Why would anyone want to have there gamerscore reset?

Remember back in the day when people used to play games just for the fun factor? Well, it's for that reason. Sure, you could do it right now, but there are many out there who would rather see a game complete, and have as many achievements/as much game score as possible.