PunkyV2's Guide on Wraith Driving (4 Easy Steps)

PunkyV2

I have recently discovered on how to drive any Wraith in this game. Whether it be Campaign or Firefight. There are just four easy steps you have to follow to get your Wraith.

VIDEO LINK: Click Here

STEPS:

Step 1: Kill the turret Brute. Then jump onto the Wraith and beat open the hatch, once open, break the Brutes shields.

Click Here for Step 1 Photo.

Step 2: Position yourself so that the "BOARD" option isnt visible, once done aim your Sniper Rifle at the Brutes head. !MUST CROUCH!

Click Here for Step 2 Photo.

Step 3: Hold "RB" and fire your Sniper at the same time. If done correctly, you'll now be in the drivers seat.

Click Here for Step 3 Photo.

NOTICE: Please see in the picture how it does not give you the option to board the Wraith. You just hold down "RB" and fire your Sniper Rifle.

Step 4: Have fun in your Wraith!

Click Here for Proof of Wraith Driving.

NOTES:

1.) This is very helpful to do while trying to get your "Vidmaster: Endure" achievement

2.) Before going into a game and trying to impress your friends, make sure you practice, it may take a couple tries to get used to.

3.) This can be used for the Anti-Air Wraith in the last level. Also in Halo 3.

4.) This can be done using a Carbine Rifle. Pretty much anything that will one shot the driver (without breaking the Wraith) will work.

5.) If the Wraith is damaged enough and you attempt to get into it. You will get in the Wraith as it's exploding. So you'll be in a broken Wraith, but you can get out.

6.) You CAN have a passenger in your turret, this is insanely helpful when the drones come out to play.

7.) The Wraiths are two times easier to get into when you plasma pistol them first, giving you the time to get in the right position before you kill the driver. (Thanks for the tip Gackt)

YouTube Video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE7AoN2k7Wk&feature=player_embedded]CLICK HERE[/ame]

Credits:

Found By: PunkyV2 and Generalkidd

Video Found By: Bullitt Bill

Video By: Generallkidd

Other Tips and Tricks By: PunkyV2, Gackt

ALL PHOTOS AND A VIDEO CAN BE FOUND HERE: I O z Z i E x File Set

Originally posted and found by: PunkyV2

Edited by PunkyV2
More Information

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step 3: Hold "LB" and fire your Sniper at the same time. If done correctly, you'll now be in the drivers seat.

Im not too sure about 'LB' but i do know that 'RB' works a charm. ;P

ps - thanks for the awesome tip

pss - you should mention the wraith destroys itself when you get out of it

Edited by WeapDog

Step 3: Hold "LB" and fire your Sniper at the same time. If done correctly, you'll now be in the drivers seat.

Click Here for Step 3 Photo.

Im not too sure about 'LB' but i do know that 'RB' works a charm.

ps - thanks for the awesome tip

lol woops, i thought it was LB for some reason, i'll change that.

PunkyV2, I have to seriously thank you for this. I didn't even know you could board them in Halo 3! I also found this for anyone who doesn't quite get the process:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE7AoN2k7Wk]YouTube - Halo 3: ODST - How to Drive a Wraith in Firefight[/ame]

Credit to Generalkidd for the video.

PunkyV2, I have to seriously thank you for this. I didn't even know you could board them in Halo 3! I also found this for anyone who doesn't quite get the process:

Credit to Generalkidd for the video.

no problem, i was just messing around when i found out how to do this... I also figured this out before there were any videos on YouTube. (I checked 3 times)

Thank you for the video, credits to you and Generalkidd have been added to the original post, along with the video

I appreciate the credit, didn't do too much towards this though ;)

I have to thank you again, I gave this a few attempts last night and couldn't quite get it but after viewing the video you posted on your file share I nailed it. I kept trying to get behind the driver to shoot him, but realised you need to be stood on the spot where the hatch was and aim as far down as you can. Looking forward to trying my last vidmasters at the weekend!

This is exceptionally easy to do when you have a plasma pistol, keeps the tank from moving while you position yourself and kill the brute to get into the tank

i'll add it to the notes section

Also: is there anyway we can try and get this stickied? I feel as if people will be missing out if this topic sinks down on the topic list.

Edited by PunkyV2

On legendary(firefight) how usefull is this? How much does it hurt when enemies stick the wraith or shoot it with a fuel rod?

I tried this for fun. While I wasn't on Legendary, I can tell you what hurts you the most when you're in a Wraith. Getting stuck occasionally didn't do much, only when you have Blackeye on and you're on the verge of death can getting stuck be a problem. As long as you know where the enemies drop and make sure to stay in a some what open area, dodging fuel rod blasts is easy. Things that do the most damage to you while in a wraith are fuel rod cannons, brute shots, and brute choppers. I'd recommend experimenting with it. The major benefits I noticed was that you can splatter hunters and brute chieftains.

The levels in firefight with Wraiths are lost platoon and security zone.

I'm finding this quite temperamental with a friend. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong (when I try it alone I get it first time) but I always seem to kill the driver and destroy the Wraith, or enter it when it explodes and I end up sat in a Wraith I can't drive. Weird. I'm hoping when I go for Endure that I've got it sussed!