Final Doom

I know it was a wad hack or something along those lines but it did get released by iD retail back in the day (and it's on Steam now to my knowledge)...and I really wish it'd get ported to the 360. Plutonia and TNT were some pretty damn good levels not to mention I'd just love to see Final Doom sitting next to DOOM and DOOM II on my tag.

Was really hoping it'd at least be included with the BFG Collection here =/ guess not...I know it received a PS1 port...and DOOM64 could also use a port to XBLA.

Edited by TVthePunisher

• 1 month later...

I think Bethesda/Zenimax only owns the rights to id software-developed games (Wolf 3D/Spear, Doom 1-3/RoE [co-developed by Nerve Software], Quake 1-3 and Rage). Final Doom, Master Levels and Doom 64 were all developed by third party developers, not id (although Master Levels was contracted by id, but still, not developed by). That is why you probably won't see any official releases of these, at least on a console. It would probably cost too much to convert them, anyway.

Back in the day, these were officially released by id Software (not Bethesda nor Activision), which is how I think these are on Steam. There's an id Software pack on Steam for $100 that includes Wolf 3D/Spear/Return, Doom 1-3/RoE/Final Doom/Master Levels, Quake 1-4/Mission Packs for 1 & 2, Rage, Commander Keen, Heretic and Hexen/Mission Packs. I think that since id sells every one of these games for the PC on their website, they are considered the "distributors" of these games, not Bethesda, not Activision. That is why it's on Steam. I guess id still owns the rights to distribute some software on the PC that doesn't fall under the banner of Bethesda/Activision. Or so I would guess.

Needless to say, we're probably never going to get Final Doom, Master Levels or Doom 64 on our consoles.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Needless to say, we're probably never going to get Final Doom, Master Levels or Doom 64 on our consoles.

Actually you couldn't be more wrong. :woop:

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=21918&Title=Final%20Doom&searchkeyword=doom

It's been like that for a while, it's proof that Final Doom can officially come to xbla but the problem is now is a matter of when........... :p

As for master levels or doom 64 I wouldn't count them out anytime soon since both possible but it depends entirely on if the right people talk to help it happen.;)

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=21918&Title=Final%20Doom&searchkeyword=doom

It's been like that for a while, it's proof that Final Doom can officially come to xbla but the problem is now is a matter of when........... :p

As for master levels or doom 64 I wouldn't count them out anytime soon since both possible but it depends entirely on if the right people talk to help it happen.;)

Plus they'd have to get "64" out of the title as any game that's come to XBLA from the N64 has not possessed that number. They'd have to call to give it a new name.

Do you even know how long it's been on the ESRB website? :p

The ESRB also had games like the Splinter Cell trilogy on it's website a year and a half ago for the 360. Where's that? You would think that if the original games were Xbox exclusives, it would have been released on the 360 instead of the PS3.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp

http://www.gamesradar.com/esrb-may-have-outed-splinter-cell-prince-of-persia-hd-trilogies-for-xbox-360/

I still have my PC versions of Final Doom and Master Levels. It would be nice to play them on a bigger screen, but I could really care less if they include achievements. That's not why I played them originally.

Do you even know how long it's been on the ESRB website? :p

It's been there quite a while but my point is if it can get a rating, officially be there then it can be ported which is a fact, people can't may false statements about it's future possible release not being possible. ;)

It's been there quite a while but my point is if it can get a rating, officially be there then it can be ported which is a fact, people can't may false statements about it's future possible release not being possible. ;)

I'm just bustin' your chops. :)

Hopefully it'll be on the 360 or something in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
Its true that its a letdown not seeing Final Doom on BFG Edition.

And would be perfect if we could get Doom 64 on XBLA its an amazing game.

ah yes doom 64 was my first doom game and my first fps game iv played when i was like 8. Yeah i thought doom 64 was the scariest doom game iv ever played, and if its a doom collection, then why the hell arent their every doom game in it? Its not a collection if u cant complete it.

ah yes doom 64 was my first doom game and my first fps game iv played when i was like 8. Yeah i thought doom 64 was the scariest doom game iv ever played, and if its a doom collection, then why the hell arent their every doom game in it? Its not a collection if u cant complete it.

It's because the BFG Edition is a collection of all the Doom games that id software developed themselves, no one else.

Since Doom II: No Rest for the Living (created by Nerve Software) was already released on XBLA, it makes sense to release it in this edition (since achievements are tied to this extra mission pack). The Lost Mission was developed by id software for Doom 3 but was scrapped. Final Doom, Master Levels and Doom 64 were all created by third party developers.

While Final Doom was distributed as an official id product (and still is on their website), it was not created by them (Casali Brothers and TeamTNT did it).

Master Levels for Doom II was created by various WAD designers and "supervised" by id. Regardless if it was included in the Xbox version of Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, it is still not an officially-created id software product.

Doom 64 was developed by Midway Games (and we all know what happened to them). This will probably never be re-released. If you don't own an N64, it can always be emulated on the PC.

So no matter how much we want these games or think that they should be included in this edition, they're not, and we're gonna have to live with that. While it would be cool to play Final Doom on an HD TV instead of a computer monitor, I still have my PC copy (as I'm sure many of you do) and I'm more than happy enough to play it on my PC. It's Final Doom, regardless of the platform. I don't know why everyone is so up in arms that it comes out on consoles. It's the same game. Did everyone forget how to play with a keyboard and mouse? ;)

EDIT: Just downloaded and installed Doom 64 Absolution on my PC and it works nicely, oddly enough it only will run directly out of C Drive, any other directory causes a crash. :S

Check it out if you want, all you need is the DOOM 2 IWAD.

http://www.doom2.net/~doomdepot/abs-download.html

---

So no matter how much we want these games or think that they should be included in this edition, they're not, and we're gonna have to live with that. While it would be cool to play Final Doom on an HD TV instead of a computer monitor, I still have my PC copy (as I'm sure many of you do) and I'm more than happy enough to play it on my PC. It's Final Doom, regardless of the platform. I don't know why everyone is so up in arms that it comes out on consoles. It's the same game. Did everyone forget how to play with a keyboard and mouse? ;)

Same here, I still have my IWADs of all the Dooms except the Master Levels because I have no idea how to get them. Still play Doom on PC from time to time using ZDoom.

For it not coming out on consoles though, it would be nice to play them with achievements and all. Same thing with Doom 3, it's going to be sweet to get achievements on it now and re-live it in HD.

Edited by Nevander

• 2 weeks later...

Midway... are they not releasing a big arcade compilation in a couple of weeks? I mean its not because the compagny is dead than nobody can own the liscence... If they would, they could.... But the thing is, does the demand is good enough for them to supply... After all if they release Doom 64 again(it could be rename Doom 360...lol) ID need to pay back whoever own the other part of the liscence this day, and so it may not be worth it.

My problem with Doom 64 is that i can't play 1 joystick controller anymore... at least for shooters. Im a consol guy, im totally shit with the PC keyboard/mouse setting, i can't even pass Sarge in quake 3 on 2 stars(and i complete it no prob on 4 stars on 360) Honestly i could never understand how people can play good with a keyboard and a mouse, for me it dosen't work but i guess if you play only that you end up being good.

Anyway so bottom line, even if i can port Doom 64 on the PC by emulator(i have one i can make work pretty fairly) i still can't put a 2 joystick control... so its annoying to play with only 1. Its like my memory just removed all together the 1 joystick schema... I can't replay the original golden eye these days... even single player i got pwn... Thats why i welcome those 360 ports...

Not to mention gamerscore also help and make it just look better too. I know its psychologic stuff... since it gives nothing, but i just love to see all games i played in my list and my score next to them.. and im not even a completionist.

whats this, a thread where people are talking about doom 64, and i thought i was alone in my love for it

the main issue for it's release on xbla though is it was made by midway, who went under i think WB have the rights all midways games but i'm not certain either way it's a horrible mess of licencing issues with it being a nintendo exclusive aswell

every doom is good doom

There's no arguing this point. QFT.
Bullshit. Watch me argue it:

http://www.colesmithey.com/.a/6a00d8341c2b7953ef0115702b45d0970b-250wi

Not only did I just argue it, I'm pretty sure I just won. :p

Oh wait, you say the movie doesn't count? Let me argue it again then:

http://skidrow-bb.info/wp-content/uploads/Doom-3-BFG-Edition-SKIDROW.jpg

Why the fuck would I buy that when I have the original Doom 3 release on PC, which is far more stable, isn't a watered down console port with barely any PC standard options editing (yes, Doom 3 BFG on PC is a port of the console version of BFG, thanks for that one id), can be updated with mods to provide even better graphics than the BFG edition offers, and can also have new campaigns provided by modders? What does the BFG edition have, an new 2 hr campaign? Not worth even the discount price of $20 that Steam offers me for owning the original Doom 3. So I still submit that I can argue the point and that I have won this argument. The PC version of Doom 3 BFG is bad Doom and id should be ashamed of themselves for it.

But hey, at least I get to keep my $20. If I want to replay Doom 3 with better graphics, I'll just download some mods since id fucking blew it so horribly. :D

EDIT: Just downloaded and installed Doom 64 Absolution on my PC and it works nicely, oddly enough it only will run directly out of C Drive, any other directory causes a crash. :S

Check it out if you want, all you need is the DOOM 2 IWAD.

http://www.doom2.net/~doomdepot/abs-download.html

Eh, Absolution is all edited and stuff. Doom 64 EX is where it's at if you want an authentic Doom 64 experience: http://doom64ex.wordpress.com/ I used this when I couldn't get used to the awful N64 control map after buying an actual Doom 64 cart and it was fantastic.

Seriously, play Doom 64 if you haven't yet, that game is quite fucking awesome and far more worthy of the Doom name than that shitty movie.

I don't know if anyone here plays zDoom, but it's completly free and it friggin' rocks. It's an entire communtiy built around the original Doom. People use the level designing software (that is free btw) and make their own campaigns and MP maps. Best part is that you can play co-op with up to 16 people.