No Achievements?!

norcalsniper

I'd prefer it if there were achievements obviously, but even if there aren't, I'll still get it. I like the game too much to ignore it.

I understand people getting angry when there are no achievements, but back in the old days we used to play games just for the sheer enjoyment of it. Yes, the achievements would add an extra incentive, but the lack of them isn't enough to stop me downloading it and just enjoying it for what it is.

Good point just because theres no achievements shouldnt stop you buying it if you enjoyed the game buy the dlc

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm often uncertain about buying DLC even if it's for a game I enjoyed - because by the time it comes out, I'll usually be DONE with the game, as is indeed the case for this. All too often, I've bought DLC just for the sake of it, then never gotten around to actually playing it, 'cuz there are NEW games drawing my attention...

DLC Achievements can provide that added incentive that'll make me pop in the old disc and go back to a game I enjoyed. In this particular case, I was actually contemplating a purchase, decided to check if there was any achievements in it... no? Ah well, back to Mass Effect 2 and Darksiders, then. Still need to get that 'Insanity' achievement for ME2...

• 3 weeks later...
I had no complaints about paying very reasonable prices for content that seems bonus to me, even if it was originally planned for the main game. I'm happy they didn't delay the main game, and look forward to having the experience extended.

No getting around my disappointment that there are no achievements, though. Between that and the "orginally intended" aspect of the DLC, it sounds like Ubisoft needs to work on their deadline setting. Having announced a release date only a few days ago, it sounds like they weren't sure they'd get the DLC out on time until then. I don't know much about game coding, but how much programming does it take to add achievements? Clearly they cut it very close when planning the development.

I've never heard of a retroactive achievement as suggested above, getting credit for Forli during the February Bonfire DLC, but then I've never heard of DLC that didn't come with achievements either. I hope Ubisoft makes it up to us.

All that said, I'm buying both on day one.

Final Note: At least the new DLC will provide a second chance to get the one missable achievement, kicking a guard while on da Vinci's glider...right?

Ya it is very reasonable prices, 640 points for both, good price. I didnt buy yet, i will buy them even if they are bad so i can have more gameplay!

well im actually somewhat glad they didnt include achievements, I hate needing to fork over 5-10 bucks for a measly 100-500 extra points, which are usually have very low difficulty and over"g-ed" a la halo 3 DLC or CoD 5 Dlc. like I hate when i spend 2 hours beating a veteran campaign level for a moderately high 30G achievement, then i spend 15 minutes getting like 150 gs for one match of zombies, if anyone knows what im talking about lol

I just don't get it. I obviously have no knowledge of how achievements are created but I can't imagine it requiring more than a few hours of a programmers time. I can't understand why in the world a developer wouldn't add achievements considering it's win-win. I desperately want to buy both dlc packs but doing so only tells developers that it's ok for them not to add achievements when it most definitely is not.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not going to buy, partially because the fact that there is no achievements. I think dlc should always have some added points, even if it is just 40 or whatever, idc. But I'm also not buying because to be honest, I had enough of the game the first time. I loved the first assasin's creed, but this one was just more of the same to me, and I didnt like the story and at times the bad controls.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Even with achievements I wouldn't buy this crap. DLC is pathetic. These chapters should have been in the game to begin with.

If I wasn't such an AC geek, I wouldn't have bought them, either. The story adds a little to the overall narrative, but mostly it's pretty obvious they shouldn't have been DLC. Ubisoft should've at least tagged them with achievements to make it worth our while, because strictly on gameplay it's not. (As an aside, I did appreciate that they threw in the flying machine for those of us who missed Flyswatter.)