The Need Help with a Freeplay Target Thread

True Marvellous

There are two targets on the same building as the Deirker or w.e statue, a sniper next, and an AA gun. I cannot seem to find a way up to them, I am assuming I just have to shoot them with a rocket.

Confirmation would be appreciated.

Couldn't also find a way up. Rockets will help ;-)

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little tip for anyone like me who didn't notice at first. I actually cleared the whole of the country and Paris 1 before I realised.

For the hard to reach spots, like scenic spots or mainly stuff on top of buildings, the game shows you the way up using lights. They look like lanterns stuck to the wall. I thought that's all they were but they are only there to show you which parts of the building to climb up.

Even if there's no place to climb up, say you have to zip from another building. It will have the lights leading all the way up to the zip that you need to use.

This may be obvious old news but I never saw it mentioned on here,

Gare Saint Lazarre:

Issue: Freeplay View Point

I have seen already 3-4 people have asked about this place,

with few answers, the only answer i got, was to get the west side

of the building and climb the windows tiles. have searched all places with no results :(

Can someone please explaine more spesific, or make an arrow on the

picture below where to begin, thanks in advance. :)

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5741/dsc00621.png

Gare Saint Lazarre:

I have seen already 3-4 people have asked about this place,

with few answers, the only answer i got, was to get the west side

of the building and climb the windows tiles. have searched all places with no results :(

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5741/dsc00621.png

Ok..this was the last one I got in Paris zone 2 and it was a bit of a hassle..but I slapped myself on the forehead once i got it.

You'll notice that there are two distinct buildings here (train station and building in front of it), and a bridge up on the 2nd/3rd story that connects them (immediately north of the white dot). That bridge is the key. On the front (south side) of the train station, towards the western end (near weapon dealer), you will notice some planks of various heights sticking out of the building. You should be able to just make it onto the lower ones (using some lower ledges on the building)...once up on them, work your way east on them towards that bridge...you should be able to cross the front of the entire train station (2 or 3 stories up) using either those platforms, or simply hanging off a ledge and working eastwards. once you get to that bridge, it is pretty easy to figure out.

I almost forgot to mention, in order to grab the first set of ledges you need to get to the boards, you will need to use the benches that are against the building...using those gives you just enough height to grab the first ledge.

Edited by rabies

Gare Saint Lazarre:

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9724/dsc00621m.jpg

Walk to where that arrow is pointing and you'll see a wooden arch going over the road, you need to climb up the wall on the right side just before the arch. There's a white light hanging where you have to climb.

There a few orange lights showing you the way to go. You basically climb onto some scaffold board stuff.

dont know if this is already here but on isle de citie there is a scenic point not registered on the map, on top of the first large building u come across, before u get to the scenic point on the next large building. there was nothing on the map to indicate it was there but it was.

dont know if this is already here but on isle de citie there is a scenic point not registered on the map
On Isle de la cité, there are freeplay targets for Zone 2 and Zone 3. Did you already buy maps for both areas? Probably, this is the explanation.

Go on the inside of the U part of the building and face north. You should see a door way with a yellow light near it on the right hand side. It should be easy to spot as there is no other yellow lights. Basically just jump up from there and follow the yellow lights round and it will take you right up to the roof.

That one had me scratching my head for bloody hours.

Edit: When I say U part I mean the building itself. If you look at it it'll be shaped like a U. =)

Thank you man! Your next beer is on me! :-)

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9724/dsc00621m.jpg

Walk to where that arrow is pointing and you'll see a wooden arch going over the road, you need to climb up the wall on the right side just before the arch. There's a white light hanging where you have to climb.

There a few orange lights showing you the way to go. You basically climb onto some scaffold board stuff.

I just cant seem to do this one. The top plank is out of reach to me no matter what I do. I can reach the bottom of the Arch but I cant go anywhere from there (I assumed at first that the diagonal bars were climbable but I cant get onto them)

This and a spotlight that isnt where its supposed to be (Palais Royal) are the only 2 ambient freeplays I havent been able to do.

Edited by SpinelesS
typo

also another one on a building going diagonal in the lower left corner of latin corner and the corner of it touches china town. It has barbed wire around it. Its the dot in the upper point of the building. Not sure how to scale it.

I´ve got the same problem but nobody gave an answer to this.

I think its the same building i had to enter during a mission. But now (im doing the Freeplay Targets with the No Alarm-Glitch mentioned in another Thread) i cant enter the building. Only thing i can do is climbing it but theres nothing on the roof.

I´ve got the same problem but nobody gave an answer to this.

I think its the same building i had to enter during a mission. But now (im doing the Freeplay Targets with the No Alarm-Glitch mentioned in another Thread) i cant enter the building. Only thing i can do is climbing it but theres nothing on the roof.

Ah this one :)

This was on the mission where you blew up a large gun. (I got it right after)

If you didnt get this during the mission, you climb up on the southern side, follow the lights until you reach the ruined gun. Climb the ruins of the gun and jump onto the ladder. The viewpoint should be at the top.

I just cant seem to do this one. The top plank is out of reach to me no matter what I do. I can reach the bottom of the Arch but I cant go anywhere from there (I assumed at first that the diagonal bars were climbable but I cant get onto them)

This and a spotlight that isnt where its supposed to be (Palais Royal) are the only 2 ambient freeplays I havent been able to do.

As i pointed out above, you can only reach the planks if you start your climbe on the sitting benches that are up against the wall. The benches gives you that extra little bit of height you need.

Ah this one :)

This was on the mission where you blew up a large gun. (I got it right after)

If you didnt get this during the mission, you climb up on the southern side, follow the lights until you reach the ruined gun. Climb the ruins of the gun and jump onto the ladder. The viewpoint should be at the top.

Thanks for your help but its actually at the other end of the house. I made a picture (:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7885/dsc01026ut.th.jpg

I would appreciate the help.

• 4 months later...

I made a quick video of the area, is this the area?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7gaHZJ-GXU]YouTube- The Saboteur Gare Saint Lazarre HD[/ame]

I have cleared all the freeplay content in Champagne Ardennes, exept for one car jump. The problem is It is not marked on the map i bought from the blackmarket, and I cannot find it. There should be 2 of them and I found 1. Now Anyone able to help me out? i got the one from the mansion where you can find the 3 type of car but the other jump i don't know where to find it.

I have cleared all the freeplay content in Champagne Ardennes, exept for one car jump. The problem is It is not marked on the map i bought from the blackmarket, and I cannot find it. There should be 2 of them and I found 1. Now Anyone able to help me out? i got the one from the mansion where you can find the 3 type of car but the other jump i don't know where to find it.

Hi,

There is only 1 car jump in Champagne-Ardenne even though the stats say 2.

The other jump is in Picardie (the stats page says none !). I made a short video showing where the Picardie jump is in case you haven't already found it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ElKpZgKO8]YouTube- The Saboteur Picardie Car Jump HD[/ame]

• 3 months later...

I'm stuck with one of the targets in the Latin Quarter. I've got the viewpoint on top of the HUGE gun...but there's one just a bit down there in the restricted area SOMEWHERE and I'm right on top of the marker and I can't see anything. And as far as I can tell I can't get inside the building for it to be a box or postcard.

Are there any known glitches with the freeplay targets? Because I cleared one part of the map, I can't see any of the points on there but in the statistics I have one postcard and one building to destroy. Now I don't know if I should still play the game and find out after I clear all other freeplay targets or I should just forget about the game :p

Are there any known glitches with the freeplay targets? Because I cleared one part of the map, I can't see any of the points on there but in the statistics I have one postcard and one building to destroy. Now I don't know if I should still play the game and find out after I clear all other freeplay targets or I should just forget about the game :p

You don't need to get all of the targets to get the achievement, all of the areas give an allowance of either 3 or 4, presumably for potential problems like yours. So if you're only missing 2 then you should be alright. Keep clearing targets and you may find the missing ones in a nearby area as I believe that some are incorrectly tagged and also some on area borders are a bit unclear as to which they are in.

You don't need to get all of the targets to get the achievement, all of the areas give an allowance of either 3 or 4, presumably for potential problems like yours. So if you're only missing 2 then you should be alright. Keep clearing targets and you may find the missing ones in a nearby area as I believe that some are incorrectly tagged and also some on area borders are a bit unclear as to which they are in.

Yup, you were completely right :) I got another achievement today even if I was missing 4 spots :) But I'm still missing one postard but I bet there is a map online for it :)

Hopefuly one day I can max this game ;)

Yup, you were completely right :) I got another achievement today even if I was missing 4 spots :) But I'm still missing one postard but I bet there is a map online for it :)

Hopefuly one day I can max this game ;)

The postcard locations are mostly pretty easy to spot on the map. They'll always be on or near one of the major features such as the cathedral behind La Belle or Arc de Triomphe or one of the main Plazas. By the time you finish clearing the map you may have found the one you're missing anyway. Which area is it that you're missing the postcard from? I know from experience that Paris 1 has a location that looks as though it should be Paris 2 because it is right next to the border checkpoints and it has barriers around it that mean it has to be entered either from Paris 2 or through a gap in-between the 2 checkpoints.

I did finish Paris 1 last night so it's Paris 2 tonight then Paris 3 and the postcards tomorrow night and that'll be my 1000. Trouble is all the targets will be gone so I'll have to start a new game if I want to keep blowing up Nazis! The most fun I'm having is luring a general away and then planting a bomb at his spot for a nasty surprise when he returns. :woop:

I'm missing one in Picardie, but I found a small map on google so it should help me.

The only thing that worries me is the collection of vehicles. I used my tokens for free gold and silver badges and I don't know if the nazi vehicles are still available after I destroyed most of the targets (well all of them) outside the city :x