How to get Ignition FREE

Skillz4Killz

Go to GameStop and pre-order and then go home and follow the easy steps. After you download it go back into GameStop and tell them you would like to cancel your pre-order and use it to pre-order COD.

I did this too, works fine.

For those of us in the uk, GAME is giving away the same deal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Will someone answer the questions about the Gamestop preorders? I still haven't gotten my code/game

Preordered the game at gamestop on Tuesday. The way it works is that when you preorder, they give you a code you redeem on ea's website. It prints out as soon as you preorder.

If it doesn't print out automatically, make sure to ask for the code. There should be a SKU in their register for the printout. I got two cause she added the SKU, plus the automatic print out. woot. :)

• 4 weeks later...

My story about getting the "DS: Ignition" code is the best!

I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of "Dead Space 2" (and it's a small, "happy-meal" sized Plasma Cutter... so if you didn't buy one, you're not missing out) way back in Nov 2010.

I just picked-up my copy of Dead Space 2 (on Jan. 28), and as I was putting my change in my wallet, grabbing my bag and putting the receipts into the bag... I noticed the GS employee holding a receipt. I asked him if that was my pre-order receipt, he said, "yes..." and I asked if I could have it, and he gave it to me. Since it was the last pre-order I made from the former manager of the store, I wanted to keep it (she was HOT, and she ALWAYS took good care of me when I came in to do business - collectibles, store display props, etc.). I know what your thinking... nothing else, though... she's married! :rolleyes:

Well... I played the "trial version" of DS: Ignition first, but I didn't like it. So... I decided I would give the game code away (or sell it on eBay). I looked on the receipt for the code... but it wasn't there! I checked the box to see if there was a card with the code on it, but no dice. Then I remembered that the register had run out of paper and my receipt was continued on the next roll, after the employee replaced it. I checked the receipt very carefully, to see if I just missed it... or worse: didn't get printed between roll changes! It wasn't there, and no printing was missing (I could tape the two pieces together... and it would match perfectly). :(

Then I remembered the "pre-order" receipt! I took a look, and sure enough... the code was on there!! I can't believe I had the DS: Ignition unlock code... ALL THIS TIME! :eek:

Well... since I've read that playing the game can unlock items for use in DS:2... I decided to give the game another try. I didn't realize the first time I played it (and not until half-way through my next try)... that you do NOT have to keep steering your trace when guiding it through the circuits: just up or down, then it self-centers. I was having a HORRIBLE time keeping it straight, pushing my thumbstick to the right. I got so fed-up with that... I decided to try letting go of the stick, to see if it would follow the path I released it on. It did. Then after steering it some more, I figured-out that it does self-center.

Well... the game is a joke, and certainly not worth spending 400 MS points on... but if you want those unlockables for use in DS:2, and you have a hard-on for another 200 GS... I suppose it might be worth it. For free... I'll definitely play it for the unlockables. I just hope I can easily get all 200 GS: I hate having incomplete games (something I'm working on...)! :D

Oh... and don't ask me if you can have the code - I've already redeemed it! :p

Edited by Restricted-Access

• 3 weeks later...