The Clock Room

heinstach

My Clock's gray hand is at 1:00. Since it seems that the gray hand runs on a 24-hour tick system, I would have to wait a very long time to get this last cube. How exactly do I go about setting the system time (backwards one day) to get the last cube to appear? I have read that acquiring a cube while not connected to XboxLIVE will keep the cube from registering on the leaderboards. Is there a way to set the time, get the cube, and maintain an accurate cube count on the leaderboards?

If you are using a wired connection, unplug your wire.

If you're using a wifi hotspot, go to System Settings, Network Setting, scroll to your hotspot and disconnect.

Go back to System Settings, choose Clock, set it to the time you need.

Make sure you're signed in (don't try to connect to Live; when you sign in you'll get an error and be in offline mode)

Start Fez, get cube.

Save, exit. Plug wire back in/reconnect to network.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. I understand all of that. The question remains, however; will the cube I acquire while offline be counted on the leaderboard, or no? I have read elsewhere that it will not count.

EDIT: I am in a pickle, now. My save is in the cloud and not on my hard drive. Can I copy it from the cloud to the HDD?

ReEDIT: Yes, I can. And I did. Good to know.

Edited by zingrook

Basically, the time for people on Fez completely depend on the exact time they first started the game. For example, if I loaded up Fez for the first time 6 p.m., then the grey clock switch, every 48 hours, with arrive at 12 a.m. in-game time at 6 p.m. real time. Same goes with the green, only every 24 hours.

On a separate note, if I only have one hand on the clock from all perspectives, does that mean that I have all anticubes in this area? After collecting the green one, I saw the long hand dissapear.

You've collected all the cubes when the hands go away.

I don't think it's based on when you started at all. Or at the very least, 48 hours is totally wrong and so is a week.

I started the game at 12pm on Friday the 13th when it came out (11am if it counted when I played the beginning of the demo before quitting and buying). Almost on the nose (I know because I took pictures and sent them to my girlfriend and they're timestamped on my phone).

When I last posted in this topic, it was 5:30pm on the 14th and the clock was at the 11 o'clock position or so. I don't know when I actually missed it, but say it was 48 hours after I started the game, and every 48 hours after that. That'd mean it'd be 12pm (or 11am) for me every 2 days right?

So today, Thursday the 19th should have been another chance to get it (because my chances would've been Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday with the 48-hour theory), but the clock was at the 7:30 position from 3-5pm.

I messed with the clock to see when it'd change to 12, and it doesn't until 4am between Saturday night and Sunday morning.

So if it IS from the time you started, it's definitely not groups of 48 hours. It has to be AT LEAST 2 and a half days (or 60 hours) or something close for my time to make any sense.

Unless I am missing something and can't count.

EDIT: It can't be every 60 hours either. The time between 7:30 on the in-game clock and 12 was at least 60 hours for me. Using logic, that'd mean another 60 backwards would be around 2:30 in-game, which makes it at least between 5-6 days or something.

I don't think it has anything to do with when you started the game. I think people were just lucky when they got it over the weekend it came out.

But this has really put me at a loss to what the actual interval was, because I feel like a week is too long.

I guess we'd have to figure out when people got the game and when they got the cube or when it was close to 12 and if they missed it and stuff.

Edited by MoldyClay87

This is what I believe the pattern to be:

Red = 60 seconds (1 min)

Blue = 60 minutes (1 hr)

Green = 24 hrs (1 day)

Grey = 168 hrs (1 Week)

I got the first two anticubes without really knowing why. (I was obviously, by chance, in the room at the right time). The green and grey anti-cubes were my last two cubes to get, so I spent a long time in the clock room watching for changes. Looking back at my notes, I can say, with certainty, that it took the grey hand at least three days to move half of the clock face - hence I'm pretty sure its a week. These time increments are logical when you think about it.

Guest Natanji
Deciphering the symbols, the columns read:

1: EVER END

2: SPACE DOES IT

3: OUTSIDE OF

4: THE SPACE

5: AND SPACE AND

6: ALL OF TIME

Perhaps it could be useful!?

You apparently didn't solve the rosetta stone puzzle yourself... or you would realize that in Fez, all texts are read from top RIGHT to bottom LEFT. The text therefore is:

"All of time and space and the space outside of space - does it ever end?!"

...needless to say, it's not useful for the puzzle at all.

• 1 month later...

Just want to reconfirm that the grey one is definitely not every 2 days. My grey hand was a in between the "6" and "9" hour mark and I had to move my xbox's clock aproximately 2 days and 12 hrs later for it to reach "12".

So yeah, its not a universal time, looks like its starts running whenever you started your game. You just have to get it to 12.

• 3 months later...