Alan Wake Collectibles Guide [There Will Be Spoilers]

Webb

holy crap, there;'s over 200 collectibles.! what? well that slows the pace of the game by a alot. man idk its a rent for me. =)

All the manuscript pages add to the game, and so don't slow it at all. The coffee thermoses could be seen as slowing gameplay, but it doesn't really bother me to spend half a second picking one up.

The TV and radio shows add more to the story, or provide little entertaining bits. The chests give you extra ammo/equipment, and so are quite useful. The only other thing are signs, which only take a split second to read.

It definitely doesn't feel like a lot of collectibles, and most are along the path, and so are hard to miss.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would definitely be a good idea to put these in some sort of order in which you pick these up per level. It's very difficult having to keep skipping through the different sections and to know in what order in the level you come across them. Other than that, nice guide.

ok great stuff atm but if u where to put all collectables in say chapter 1 together,then all the collectables in chapter 2 together instaead all lost of lists for each type, it would be easier to locate and work out, maybe easier than the way it is which at the moment is hard to follow because theres so many different type in this game

Hey Webb, I read that your Radio list was missing one? It wouldn't happen to be the one in the bedroom at the beginning of Episode 2, would it?

No that doesn't count. Only the radio shows that feature the main radio guy talking about Brights Falls and the Deer Fest count. Also no to police radio chatter.

Perfect guide man, thanks. Are you planning to make guides for the others collectibles? :)

I was going to, but another game got released and I'm playing that, so to hell with the collectibles! :D

It took me a few hours to make those just for the hidden chests, and there were only 30 of them, so someone else can make them for the thermos.

I was going to make one for the can pyramids, since I found all 12 minus 1, but forget it... Thanks for the comment about the video!

Just updated it to v1.1 of the collectibles guide. The following additions were made:

v1.1 - Episode 4 & 5 done. Two revisions:

Added #41 (coffee thermoses) into episode 3.

Added #10 (treasure) into episode 3.

Amended: a few of the descriptions to make things clear, to avoid confusion.

**please be aware that the additions will push the numbers down one, so if you are checking off, please make sure to take this into consideration**

Left to do:

Episode 6. Hoping to find: 4 signs, ?? normal manuscript pages, 1 TV, 12 thermoses, 5 hidden chests.

Episode guide (colour co-ordinated).

If I'm missing one, be sure to let me know or if you're having problems/a description isn't clear, give me a shout.

hi guys, i finish game get all radios, tv´s, normal manuscripts and chest, but i missed one thermos, 3 can pyramid and 1 sign

EDIT: heh, I found last sign :) If you want to talk about collectibles, write me pm, I write complete guide for the game for czech community

we missed the same thermoses in episode 5, because I read somewher, that you must have 89 thermoses at the end of E5

Edited by xDante1986

Webb, I'm almost 100% certain the radio show you're unsure of is the Hartman recordings in chapter 4. A mate of mine missed out on that achievement but got all the other radios but no pop. I got it upon getting the radio at the top of the grain silo, also bringing my radio count to 11. If someone else could confirm this, that would be great but I'm pretty sure that's the one, even though it's not a radio broadcast.

Webb this is the guide i used and i finished only missing one coffee thermos and there are 91 manuscript pages on normal difficulty if u wanna u it for comparison with ur guide

http://swearingatvideogames.com/2010/05/07/alan-wake-collectibles-episode-1/

that is a great guide all in order and not all over the place its the guide i will be using thx for posting as to webb thx for your hard work m8.

There are only 11 thermoses in Episode 6. The one you are missing is in Episode 4.

It's between 62 and 63 in your guide. After you find 62, go down the road and take a right at the fork. It's about half way down that road - a fair bit off the road to the right behind another old tractor.

There are only 11 thermoses in Episode 6. The one you are missing is in Episode 4.

It's between 62 and 63 in your guide. After you find 62, go down the road and take a right at the fork. It's about half way down that road - a fair bit off the road to the right behind another old tractor.

I just finished and found that there was only 11...

I'll go and check now. You my friend are a legend :)

Good work so far Webb, really :) Looking forward to the final version. Just gonna play for now and then come back to it once the guide is ready. Such a good game :)

Just working on the episode guide now with some fancy colour coding, but all the collectibles are now accounted for :D