How to use Cheat Codes (AND GET ACHIEVEMENTS)

aCzarX

Ok i added a warning to my first post after reading these last few posts here .

Edit: (Warning) If you enter cheats and dont Quit out and Continue , you will infact be blocked from getting any achievements on you current game. This was the intended outcome of entering cheats by the game designers. SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

I personally only used these cheats for my HARD playthrough after getting everything else without cheats.

Now if you already used these cheats and are blocked from getting achievements , you will need to start a whole new game to undo the achievement block. Sorry

Edited by aCzarX

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that hard to understand , If you enter the cheats and it autosaves before you quit out and continue the yes it will BLOCK ACHIEVEMENTS , If you do it like stated in the first post you will still get achievements.

Do I have to re-enter the cheats every time I go back on the game?

Also, If I mess up entering the cheat in does it block ach's for good on the game or can I just start a new game on hard, without cheats and get the ach's at the end?

And when do I click the right analogue stick in, is it after I enter the cheat, then quit or when I'm going through the game?

Edited by Iceman_1

Got it!! :) Thnx a ton!

@Iceman_1

Initially you do what is written in the first post. Later if you quit the game, every time you want to play it you need to:

1. Load up any checkpoint

2. Enter cheat

3. Quit to main menu

4. Hit Continue again and start playing normally

• 2 weeks later...
I tried to enter some of the codes today but I dont know if they're working. I've tried the cheat for Immortality but I don't know if it worked. I lose health but the enemies stop hitting me once I had very, very low health.

You'll know you entered the code correctly when you hear a distinct noise after putting the code in. I wasn't clicking in the right stick after the button presses, and when you press in the right stick is when you'll hear the noise.

It does work. If you're starting a new campaign on hard do NOT do the cheat at the first check point. For some reason it was not working at all, I kept testing it and I was dying. Do it at the 2nd checkpoint which is where the helicopter appears. Once it checkpoints follow the steps. I got the hard achievement.

Edited by GoJen
Cause

The stats still continued for me even after beating the game. I went to replay a level, put in the codes, quit out, then went to replay a level and the stats still were going.

After you beat the game the continue option will be gone so i dont think you can use cheats to farm reflex skill , but im not 100% sure . If you use the codes from the start and always have Samari Mutagen on you will be alot closer to your goal by the end of your playthrough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After reading the posts in this thread I am still unclear.

Can you use the codes from the very beginning (from normal dif as if you just bought the game from the store and put it in your tray) and still unlock ALL achievements or is it recommended to get all of the acheives you can and just use the codes for the final HARD dif achieve.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to this, I now have 1k/1k. Thanks to the OP.

To those of you who are confused, here's what is happening:

The cheats and the codes are two separate things. Entering a code is different than having a cheat active. So if you enter a code, the next time you reach a save point, the game says to itself, "Hey! This person cheated! No achievements!"

When you enter the code and quit to the menu without saving, the cheats stay active. So you continue your game with the cheats active, and when you get to a save point, the game says to itself, "This person didn't enter any codes! They're not cheating! They can have achievements!"

Does that make sense? The game is looking for code inputs to deduce if you're cheating. If it doesn't see code inputs, then you're fine. The problem is that the cheats SHOULD deactivate when you quit to the menu, but they don't, which is what we're taking advantage of.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a confession, i've enjoyed X-Men Origins: Wolverine with cheats!, never been a cheats fan, i even hated the concept, why have cheats in a game in the first place.

BUT.......What is wrong with playing a SUPERHERO game, where you feel like you are truly a super hero? why wait the for rage to fill up, when you can always have rage and slash enemies joyfully one after one? why keep upgrading your super powers, when they already super?

I like to have a challenge in games of-course, but my point is the game was a lot of fun with cheats enabled, i've enjoyed it this way, much better then the easy mode. Why do you call them cheats? it a big turn off for players, i suggest maybe adding them as difficulty select, before Easy. Called it Hero mode?

i think game developers should also focus on this fun, enjoyable factor you get, like i did in Wolverine, and try to offer new games where they are as fun when cheats enabled and still have some challenge, can that be done?

Anyone know if it screws up your achievements if say you are using this method; you fall off the reactor while fighting deadpool and have to continue?

I don't think so at all, this method is very safe if you follow the procedure described. I've did several countnuie game,i even replayed some chapters with cheats enabled and the achievement unlocked

• 1 month later...