This is just an Xbox Live Arcade worth 1k, how lame

nfgmusicPaul

Milk that cow Ubisoft, what a lame excuse for a game. All your doing here is trying to shoot everything on the screen on beat like a robot, oh yeah did I mention only a robot could make those 100% and the 800,000 points on the levels? Unless your a 12 year old hopped up on Jolt cola how is this possible?

This game sux except for the pretty colors!

Funny that you come off as a 10 year old in this topic, I've already 100 percented most of the game using raw skill, and while the game is short, it harkens back to old school philosophies in game design while using a modern, beautiful twist, there isn't a single XBLA title with this level of production values -_-.

Don't be angry that the game kicks your ass.

Funny that you come off as a 10 year old in this topic, I've already 100 percented most of the game using raw skill, and while the game is short, it harkens back to old school philosophies in game design while using a modern, beautiful twist, there isn't a single XBLA title with this level of production values -_-.

Don't be angry that the game kicks your ass.

Nuff said!

I'm going to have to agree, it's by no means on par with an arcade title. Just because it is a tribute to old school rail shooters doesn't mean it's not quality. I'm a huge Rez fan, and this is the game Rez fans have been waiting for. Not only are the graphics amazing, the gameplay has a lot of depth if you get into it.

Wow, with a gamer score of over 200k you commanded a little respect, but then you blew it by straight out, rippin' on a game that people are already kickin' ass at. Just look at Locke's video guide.

If you can't get the beat down, just watch the reticule, as you lock on enemies, segments of the reticule will fill up. On the 8th lock-on the reticule will flash, release the button right after the flash and it should be a perfect everytime.

I sympathize with you about it being a bitch to get good at. I'm completely Ham-tarded at it, whether I use Kinect or the controller.

Totally reminds me of myself, when I was gonna troll the Arkham Asylum boards after "Shock & Awe Extreme" bitch slapped me about a million times.

Then one night I just got my game face on and zoned out and BAM!....."Freeflow 40 combo" and "Perfect Knight".

Who's the bitch now Commissioner Gordon, huh?......Who's the bitch now?

Edited by MrFrost

How can you honestly look at this game and compare it to an arcade title? Every single level is designed and tweaked to perfection. Can you imagine how long it took just to get the levels hanging together right? When you watch somebody play who is really good at the game, it suddenly occurs to you just how amazing the design really is. Everything that happens is timed just perfectly.

The game is hard, and I am awful at it, but even so I would have to say that it is a masterpiece of design. It requires a lot of skill and dedication, and it is the sort of game that offers hour upon hours of entertainment.

Go back to it and have another go, maybe... just don't expect it to throw gamerscore at you.

Edited by Ooyah
Additional harshness removed for now. :)

The reason I would compare it to an Arcade game is because there are only 6 levels, which can be finished in a half hour. I understand there is replay value, and I'm honestly not knocking the game, I really like it. I would just prefer if there were a few more stages.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just picked this game up last friday because I seen videos of it being played, gave it a try, and now I love it, my friends and I smoke up and play it, and I love it! No complaints at all even when I get my butt kicked, cause I can take all the time I want to perfect my skill :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've found that I tend to love games when I see posts about how much they "sux"

If that's the kind of person that doesn't enjoy the game then I should be all set.

Agreed, It just show's that the OP has no respect for Amazing games or Design. He is just is a GS Whore and as someone else said you on have 20 GS on Portal 2 that game is freakin Amazing and something you'll like amazing GS.

• 2 years later...

All this thread did was make me want to buy this game, even years late as I am. I should probably finish up Geometry Wars first, but I enjoy challenges, and anything that makes the idiots rage is probably to my taste.

But what I really don't understand is why it's an insult to say a game is like an XBLA game. I don't even know what that means. Most XBLA games I play are good games that I wish had 1000 gs.

All this thread did was make me want to buy this game, even years late as I am. I should probably finish up Geometry Wars first, but I enjoy challenges, and anything that makes the idiots rage is probably to my taste.

But what I really don't understand is why it's an insult to say a game is like an XBLA game. I don't even know what that means. Most XBLA games I play are good games that I wish had 1000 gs. And all of them are better than, say, Avatar: TLA: TBE, or Clive Barker's Jericho, two 1000-point games that you've completed.