Woman forces son to kill hamster over bad grades

Cyburn360

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/01/lynn_geter_forces_son_to_kill.php

When Lynn Middlebrooks Geter found that her 12-year-old son's report card wasn't to her liking, she didn't offer to help him with homework or ask teachers for extra instruction. No, she decided something more drastic was in order...

The 38-year-old mom from Warm Springs, Georgia decided the best way for her boy to learn was to kill his pet hamster. With a hammer.

The kid, naturally, was quite upset. What would happen with his next report card? Would he have to beat his sister to death to improve his commitment to math? So he told his teacher about it the next day.

The teacher called social workers, who in turn called the Meriwether County sheriff's department. For her visionary parenting strategies, Geter is now in jail for animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery.

messed up, been made to kill a hamster because of bad grades :(

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a look at the site and it seems poorly put together for a news site, although that may just be the way it's set up. Even still, this is a twisted, disturbing, and horrendous thing to do, not only to a child but a poor defenseless hamster! This woman needs to face some jail time and therapy because you need to be sick in the head to make your child kill his own hamster over a report card! Good god, and I thought my parents were harsh when I was in school, but seriously this is just horrible...

I do agree it's pretty messed up to put you kid threw that. But it is just a hamster.

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/7724/original/banhammer2ug.jpg

IT'S JUST A HAMSTER!? In my opinion, I find animal murder just as bad as human murder. They are living creature just like us. In fact, I believe in that we're animals as well.

Edited by Afro Ninja

IT'S A HAMSTER!? In my opinion, I find animal murder just as bad as human murder. They are living creature just like us. In fact, I believe in that we're animals as well.

I will agree that it's not just another life. I mean think about it, he killed a living organism with a fucking hammer... that's pretty damn brutal. I mean he was forced to do it, so that's pretty torturing to him. How would you feel if you had to beat your pet dog/cat to death with a hammer? I'd be fucking heartbroken.... i wouldn't do it. I'd do everything in my power to fight against that shit because i love my goddamn dog.

I understand the fact that the kid was forced to kill his beloved pet. I understand how messed up his mother must be to make him kill his pet. I understand that this could scar him for the rest of his life if he doesn't talk to someone about.

I can't feel bad for a hamster, it's a hamster. If this kid didn't buy it it would probably be in a lab somewhere testing lipstick on it's ass so someone doesn't die of lead poising. Sorry, just can't feel bad for the hamster.

IT'S JUST A HAMSTER!? In my opinion, I find animal murder just as bad as human murder. They are living creature just like us. In fact, I believe in that we're animals as well.

You believe we're animals? It's not a myth like God and a chav that you don't want to punch, it's a fact that we are animals. Mammals.

This is pretty twisted. I care far more about animals than humans. Humans are the planet's biggest fuck up. We kill anything and everything. What the hell does a hamster do? It does nothing wrong, it does nothing at all, but that's not wrong :p

If this is real, I'm glad she's going to rot for a while. I wonder what'll happen to her for bad behaviour...

I understand the fact that the kid was forced to kill his beloved pet. I understand how messed up his mother must be to make him kill his pet. I understand that this could scar him for the rest of his life if he doesn't talk to someone about.

I can't feel bad for a hamster, it's a hamster. If this kid didn't buy it it would probably be in a lab somewhere testing lipstick on it's ass so someone doesn't die of lead poising. Sorry, just can't feel bad for the hamster.

Which is why I'm also against animal testing.

You believe we're animals? It's not a myth like God and a chav that you don't want to punch, it's a fact that we are animals. Mammals.

This is pretty twisted. I care far more about animals than humans. Humans are the planet's biggest fuck up. We kill anything and everything. What the hell does a hamster do? It does nothing wrong, it does nothing at all, but that's not wrong :p

If this is real, I'm glad she's going to rot for a while. I wonder what'll happen to her for bad behaviour...

Some people think that we're not animals. Ever see people say to other people "Your an animal!", exactly my point.

I care about animals more then humans too. If I were to pay money to save the people in Haiti or to save animals, I'd rather use my money to save animals. I'm sorry but it's the truth.

Edited by Afro Ninja

Wha... Bu... I... Dear lord....

Every so often I think that the human race can not disappoint me any further than it already has, and then I read stuff like this. I am not sure it is true, but even if it isn't someone still thought of this. Seriously. What is wrong with some people? Just in general...

This actually happened, not a joke story.

It's pretty fucked up, yes, but you guys can stop the fake indignation and realise that "just a hamster" is a fair statement if the alternative was the mom hurting the kid.

The mom was not hurting the kid, she made the kid hurt his hamster.

Edited by Afro Ninja

This actually happened, not a joke story.

It's pretty fucked up, yes, but you guys can stop the fake indignation and realise that "just a hamster" is a fair statement if the alternative was the mom hurting the kid.

Screw the kid.

It's his fault that he got bad grades.

Nibbles never done anything.

Imagine that, one minute you're happily eating your lettuce, the next you get squished.