World Champion - Expert (Maybe an easier Way)

Josh Knight

Has anyone tried starting a championship on easy, and the race before you get enough points to win the championship switch to expert. As your so far ahead even if you fail to score points in the next couple of races you are so far ahead i doubt 2nd place would catch up.

I would try but im in Bahrain and if no one else has tried by the time i get far enough i will try it

i was going to try that exact method myself - great minds think alike!!

i too also only have bahrain under my belt (3rd position in a virgin) in career as i'm concentrating on other achievements and some multiplayer action to build up my knowledge of all circuits before embarking on my 7 year career.

if anyone tries this though and finds success let us know!!

it's a good shout, and i don't know if it works or not, but to be honest I will be suprised if it does I mean you can't just complete say 4 acts of Gears of War on casual and then the 5th on insane and get the achievement.

yh but this works on the SBK series games so it could but unlikely

i can see this being a 49 out of 50 achievements game for me - expert settings make winning nigh on impossible.

Not sure... Played Istanbul the other day (some average difficulty) but my setup (Force India) and drivingstyle, made me qualify almost 1.5s ahead of Vettel. Haven't done any research in laptimes on Expert but a good setup and decent knowledge of a track, can certainly yield results.

And I do have a hunch that early shifting can do wonders to avoid wheelspin coming out of a corner as well.

Not sure... Played Istanbul the other day (some average difficulty) but my setup (Force India) and drivingstyle, made me qualify almost 1.5s ahead of Vettel. Haven't done any research in laptimes on Expert but a good setup and decent knowledge of a track, can certainly yield results.

And I do have a hunch that early shifting can do wonders to avoid wheelspin coming out of a corner as well.

the track i know best is sao paolo and last night i was posting 1:12 laps in grand prix mode when last year's actual best lap time was a 1:13:733 by Webber. suggests i can be quicker than the best AI. however this is with ABS and TCS on - I'm sure once I take these off I'm going to be going a lot slower. Plus I HATE manual shifting which you highlighted as a good way of avoiding wheelspin. i do only have a controller currently though which isn't the easiest thing to use for manual shifting IMO - but I do plan to invest in a wheel shortly which I presume is going to make manual shifting a heck of a lot easier with the paddle shifting.

I tried driving with a wheel, both on Forza 2 and 3 but the controller is a better thing for me in driving-games. Well done on that time; sounds like you know the track and the car and now it's a "way down" to get it done without all assists.

Been studying the automatic gearbox and it always shifts back 1 gear too low which results in a very early upshift when accelerating. Knowing race-cars, I reckon that 98% of all turns can be done in a higher gear without losing too much time overall.

Love to read other people comments here about how they drive differently in Expert than they would in an assisted car.

I don't think this will be that hard at all. When I do races in career on expert difficulty in my Lotus, I can easily beat my Teammate Trulli, so surely when I get to a Red Bull/Mclaren/Ferrari I will be able to beat my teammate just as easily?

i think this is going to be a case of practise, practise, practise.

no achievement is impossible - some of them just have to be worked harder for!!

Now I am at my season 3 (out of 7) already got contract from RED BULL :woop: I did all seasons on easy,medium. I'm thinking about expert run in season 4 and I got in mind a brutal idea :uzi:. Put 100% laps and on extreme its easy to kill the drivers by pushing them to the side of the track and if U do it very gently U don't get penalty and other driver gets DNF(didnt finished) so for example U can kill 1 driver/lap so U need 23 laps or smth. Because without traction control and with manual gears its around the world na na na, Im spinning in every corner ;D