Achievement Discussion

The_Iceman2288

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am with the "bioware did a good job giving the option for SP achievements" camp......but....

dont you think that MP maps will be number one on biowares list of DLC ideas? particularly because this game is supposed to wrap up the storyline. maybe they will do extra missions, but i am thinking any dlc will likely be for MP and will come with MP specific achievements.......

My only worry is that the single-player/multiplayer achievements will be glitchy for either the MP or SP. Also, I don't know what the hell you "Insanity was easy" people are talking about. I died like 20 times working my way through it. That's the only achievement I'm specifically worried about here. And maybe the insanity SP/gold MP stuff, but the gold one I might be able to leach off of more skilled players. :p

A. the master and commander achievement is one of the coolest medals i've seen in a while.

B. i don't think it's the multiplayer, i think it's like in ME2, u'll need to do as many missions as possible, to get as many races on your side, who'll fight in the background, giving you the best chance for the best ending.

I've never read the 'leaks' but I did get a PM from someone with a list of what was believed to be the original achievements. I'll only post the MP specific ones as the SP were exactly the same. Now that the actual ones are up I'm guessing it is ok to post this as none of them give away any of the story?

(If not, it will get removed).

Trainee- Start a character in multiplayer.

Always Prepared- Retrieve a supply drop in multiplayer.

Bronzed- Complete a bronze challenge in multiplayer.

Silver Star- Complete a silver challenge in multiplayer.

Gold Standard- Complete a gold challenge in multiplayer.

Half Way There- Reach Level 10 with a single class in multiplayer.

Top of the Pack- Reach max level with a single class in multiplayer.

Starbound- Transfer a max level multiplayer character to your single-player forces.

Tour of Duty- Complete a match on every multiplayer map.

Hardcore- Complete every multiplayer map on gold difficulty.

My guess is that there was a big enough backlash from fans, which persuaded Bioware to modify the original 1000gs. Though I believe that future DLC's will be MP focused with specific achievements for that mode.

The Insanity playthrough will probably be much easier seeing as how the game is now playable as just Story with very little combat.

Yanno, I really dont think this will be the case. I seriously feel that Bioware has made it so that Insanity is ONLY available for those playing RPG or Action modes. I think Story mode is truly just that, story mode, little combat and no chance to play on insanity.

Yanno, I really dont think this will be the case. I seriously feel that Bioware has made it so that Insanity is ONLY available for those playing RPG or Action modes. I think Story mode is truly just that, story mode, little combat and no chance to play on insanity.

This is confirmed. If you choose story mode you can't change the difficulty to insanity.

I reckon the insanity achievement is probably going to be easiest to earn with an NG+ character on an action mode speed run.

Edit -

Hardcore- Complete every multiplayer map on gold difficulty.

After extensive demo experience, that, would have been the ultimate achievement challenge. Not sad that one got cut. Gld is hard unless you have a pro team.

Edited by Rivercurse

Personally i really dislike the fact that they made them so easy. If you wanted all 1000 points, play MP. It is redundant to let you get them in single player. No point in adding MP in, if you never even have to play it!

But then those who dont have XBL Gold would be fkd. I think getting that 1k isnt going to be cakewalk like ME1 or even a little bit like ME2 tho. This insanity might just be the challenge youre looking for.:woop:

But then those who dont have XBL Gold would be fkd. I think getting that 1k isnt going to be cakewalk like ME1 or even a little bit like ME2 tho. This insanity might just be the challenge youre looking for.:woop:

So? There are quite a few games that require MP for achievements (Gears of War, the NHL series, quite a few others). I think the main reason to keep the achievements offline is that they (Bioware) still consider this primarily a RPG. However, I would suspect that multiplayer factors heavily in their future projects and that having a list of cheevos that are purely single-player are going to be a thing of the past.

I think the main reason to keep the achievements offline is that they (Bioware) still consider this primarily a RPG. However, I would suspect that multiplayer factors heavily in their future projects and that having a list of cheevos that are purely single-player are going to be a thing of the past.

Actually this is what I meant. I also dont believe BioWare wanted to do anything to alienate their fans who have been used to the SP aspect of the Mass Effect series.

Actually this is what I meant. I also dont believe BioWare wanted to do anything to alienate their fans who have been used to the SP aspect of the Mass Effect series.

this is pretty much spot on, gives the option which im sure a good portion of people are happy for, i do wonder though how many people will unlock certain ones just through mp as it might be easier.

if i remember right theres like 2 one for insanity so instead doing all single player missions on insanity just to do core story and do mp one save hassle running around getting it all lol.

Wait, what..you can do this? :eek:

I'm guessing the character adds to the galactic readiness, not your squad.

On another note, anyone know if there's ingame bonuses associated with the achievements like in the first two games? Like more experience after playing through the campaign or skill unlocks?

When will you make an achievement guide? I can't look over these achievements as they reveal spoilers in the game, but I would like to know how to plan my playthrough with ME3 (i.e. I don't want to be forces to replay the game a third time because I forgot to go over something, collect something, or talk to someone).