"Official" Bitching Thread

iBuzz7S

But the difficulty I feel is compounded by some of the most broken game playing mechanics I've ever seen. The cover mechanism for a start at times just does not work.

SNIP

My last and final rant is about the amount of nades that a thrown at you...Cerberus seem to have an infinite supply of the damn things. Has anyone else noticed as well that whenever your low on health, sheilds are down, your wrestling to get cover somewhere...you eventually do...only for a nade to land at your feet! Holy shit give me a f**king break!

Rant over.

. lol, i agree the cover system literally can be the end of shepard on some (insanity) fights.

the nades i dont even know what to say. i've always loved the combat from mass effect, but all these grenades just kind of sour the experience. those centurians have frag and smoke grenades lol. why not give them flashbangs too? shit, while you're at it give them that lame ass biotic ability that made shepard lay on the floor in ME1.

well we are probably in the few that enjoyed / miss the mako days. it seems each title focused less on exploration, like you said the assignments (side missions) almost kind of blended in this time around. i dont even think we had a vehicle on ME3:confused:? cortez got to drive that shuttle on steroids lol. that was kind of our mako / hammerhead replacement.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very near the end but would just like to say one more time that the cover system is fucked! Trying to take cover and either rollling in front of it then standing up or climbing over it and standing up - both of which result in instand death...

Oh and the seemingly endless delay when you take certain kinds of damage which means you can't move, so that if you're hit you might as well just wait to die. Thanks Bioware!

Edited by T FUNK 1984

I don't want to have to start the Mars mission over again....but I might have to.

I'm on NG+, I chose the Scorpion and the Viper. When it gets to the slo-mo scene at the end the Scorpion cannot kill her. If I try to switch to the Viper, I only get one shot.

Why is this so impossible? I don't want to be forced to carry a certain weapon if it works only for this fight. I rely on powers and don't carry much weight.

Funny thing is that when she's hit by the Scorpion, she is thrown backward toward the shuttle. Apparently the battle is kind of on a timer, because even though I push her farther away she still ends up instantly on top of me to finish it.

What weapon works the best for this stupid fight? (Insanity)

Edit: Found my solution. Had to start over again, this time I chose the Arc Pistol. That worked great!

Edited by Darth Maleval

Haha, my final moan I promise.

Has anyone noticed that whenever Cerberus throw a smoke nade...it seems to act as some incredibly strong sheild for them as well? I had one Cerberus soldier throw a smoke nade right in front of me, when the smoke erupted I could still just make him out..still standing in front of me and with my shotgun blasting at him over and over...it did absolutely nothing! OH COME ON!! :uzi:

Edited by TrendyNinja

Haha, my final moan I promise.

Has anyone noticed that whenever Cerberus throw a smoke nade...it seems to act as some incredibly strong sheild for them as well? I had one Cerberus soldier throw a smoke nade right in front of me, when the smoke erupted I could still just make him out..still standing in front of me and with my shotgun blasting at him over and over...it did absolutely nothing! OH COME ONE!! :uzi:

I have encountered TONS of shit like this. I have hit phantoms with a Black Widow X while they were doing their little pirouette / backflip thing only to have it barely dent them. They stop, I shoot again, they get their head blown off. Dancing makes people invincible (take note Shepard)

Same thing with Centurions you just described. The damage inflicted to banshees seems really inconsistent aswell. I'll tear through half of their barrier on insanity no problem, but then for some inexplicable reason my damage slows to a halt? It's like the game is trying to stay out ahead of me in the difficulty curve by changing some values or something.

edit: now that I think of it maybe it's some animation priority thing?

I have encountered TONS of shit like this. I have hit phantoms with a Black Widow X while they were doing their little pirouette / backflip thing only to have it barely dent them. They stop, I shoot again, they get their head blown off. Dancing makes people invincible (take note Shepard)

As I hear, dodging is suppose to give you some damage protection for a few seconds, maybe it's the same for Phantoms? With them being agile combatants and constantly dodging and flipping, I imagine when they're in that dance their damage protection is up.

That's the case in MP anyway. I imagine it's probably the same in SP.

I don't know if players have been complaining about multiplayer in here, but here goes:

Why?!

I join a game, three other players already in the lobby, the settings were on some particular map, with Geth as the enemy, on the Bronze difficulty. As soon as my screen shows the lobby, I've got 1 kick against me. Seconds after, I'm booted from the lobby.

I know it's not a measure of immense skill or nothing, but my N7 rating was the second highest in the lobby (behind by 12). I messaged them "what was the point?" but I've had nothing yet.

I would like to put it down to the possible MP credit glitch thing, where if true, GTFO. No offense to anyone who has tried it here, but put the god damn lobby to private FFS if you're going to do it.

It happened to me again yesterday. This time about 4500 kills are gone. I must admit that I was about to cry to vent out the frustration, but then I joined some friends' MP game and forgot about it.

I will take bets now on whether I will get the Veteran Achievement on the third try or not. :D

And thank you for the kind words last time. o/

Have all achievements done except Unwavering and Insanity. Have had the wonderful EA server log in crap pop-up to wipe my progress on Unwavering 3 times now. I'm about to say screw Unwavering in the campaign and try my luck just beating the multiplayer maps on gold.

Movement/cover... AGAIN!

Standing in cover and a banshee is coming towards me, I'm firing in the other direction. I think 'I'd better move or she's going to kill me' so I try to move to the next piece of cover, but nothing happens. I try again, nothing. I try to simply walk away from cover, nothing again. By the time I actually move it's already started the animation for her to grab me and kill me (which by the way is fucked anyway as you stand there without her touching you long enough to at least attempt to get away!).

I've avoided spoilers and ignored people who have said the ending is shit just to see for myself but at this rate I somehow doubt it's going to be worth it!

Movement/cover... AGAIN!

Standing in cover and a banshee is coming towards me, I'm firing in the other direction. I think 'I'd better move or she's going to kill me' so I try to move to the next piece of cover, but nothing happens. I try again, nothing. I try to simply walk away from cover, nothing again. By the time I actually move it's already started the animation for her to grab me and kill me (which by the way is fucked anyway as you stand there without her touching you long enough to at least attempt to get away!).

I've avoided spoilers and ignored people who have said the ending is shit just to see for myself but at this rate I somehow doubt it's going to be worth it!

Yeah, that's pretty crazy. When I heard Bioware were adding cover maneuvers I thought "at least the game won't be as stiff as ME2" but it just ended up making it stiff AND clunky. Two steps back I guess :rolleyes:

yeah, the movement/cover thing has got me killed a bunch. usually when a grenade comes in, i'm already in cover and either can't unstick from the cover quick enough, or i roll straight into another piece of cover within the blast radius. not sure if it's an insanity thing, but it's caused me to rage a few times.

the problem is they (EA) want it to be plain shooter while trying not lose the fans that made Mass effect the hit and you can't do that very well. Re-using the same engine with the jerky and stiff animations.

I wish EA would just choose if they want to do plain 3rd person shooter for the masses or a proper action RPG shooter, none of this half and half shit. Its just like RE5, as faster paced shooter it was bad because of the controls.

Have to laugh at the indoctrinated biodrones (on every other forum) that defend the ending as NONE of them can't defend the ending without screaming insults or explain why the ending works (or explain the plot holes) No spoilers (sorry don't worry abiout that) All their comments are constant spew of bile being the Internet hardman that they are. There is a great quote from Casey Hudson saying something about the ending choices and the final game proves him wrong and Bioware refuse to answer any questions from gaming sites about it!

At the end of the day, its just a ending to the game but these idiots need to be called out on this bile (like 1 complete fuck wit on EG calling everyone else nerds, whiners etc but has not even played the 3rd game

Really hope it does not set a trend where developers can't be bothered to finish the ending in a decent way, so they just make up some bullshit last minute so they can go back to eating all the deep fried pizza and acting like a celebrity on developer diaries videos

Movement/cover... AGAIN!

Two steps back I guess :rolleyes:

yeah, the movement/cover thing has got me killed a bunch. usually when a grenade comes in

What annoys me is the cover system in ME2 had nothing wrong with it and was actually praised as being a more refined system than ME1 and i am still at a lose as to why Bioware changed it as now it is completely messed up. 90% of my deaths have been due to cover system doing something other than what i want.

I am trying to force myself through the SP to unlock the insanity achievements but i have no desire to push through. I just played the Thessia mission and besides Liara's constant bitching and moaning, "really Liara, you just lost your home world to the reapers, join the club," the fight against Kai Lang feels so cheap and out of place. It honestly felt like i was playing a Japanese game from the late 90's where the character has an unbelievable amount of protection and instead of fighting like every other character, cartwheels around the area like an idiot. It's been a long time since i have seen a boss have to retreat to recharge shields, honestly these types of boss fights died out years ago and there was a good reason. I can't believe this is the same company that made ME1 and ME2, they have completely messed up the gameplay in my opinion.

I don't know if players have been complaining about multiplayer in here, but here goes:

Why?!

I join a game, three other players already in the lobby, the settings were on some particular map, with Geth as the enemy, on the Bronze difficulty. As soon as my screen shows the lobby, I've got 1 kick against me. Seconds after, I'm booted from the lobby.

I know it's not a measure of immense skill or nothing, but my N7 rating was the second highest in the lobby (behind by 12). I messaged them "what was the point?" but I've had nothing yet.

I would like to put it down to the possible MP credit glitch thing, where if true, GTFO. No offense to anyone who has tried it here, but put the god damn lobby to private FFS if you're going to do it.

Start your own public matches and you shouldn't have this problem. I've joined quick matches exactly three times and two of those times I was kicked instantly. I only play in public matches I create and never have a problem. People just like to be jerks and you're right, they should go private if they're gonna just kick people or glitch.

the fight against Kai Lang feels so cheap and out of place. It honestly felt like i was playing a Japanese game from the late 90's where the character has an unbelievable amount of protection and instead of fighting like every other character

i was no fan of either Leng fight and granted it's been many years since i played it but i seem to remember the Saren fight being essentially the same, him running around a big ass room occasionally throwing stuff at you.

I liked ME3 but can't say I enjoyed it as much as the first two games.

ME3 felt rather linear with limited exploration with the Citadel being the only real place I could go visit (I do understand that there's a war on and going to Tunchanka to watch varren fight in a pit might not be a possibly).

I don't think I could do missions in the order I wanted to like in the first two games. I've only been through once so I could be wrong.

The section of the game on Earth at the end I feel went on too long. When I got to the missile activation thing I was hoping it would be it, but they decided to throw hordes of reapers at me.

The dream sequences where Shepard is in the forest really annoyed me. My renegade Shepard cares for no one.