Halo 4 LE/ War Games Confusions

xXmyxxmastaXx

343i needs to make a legendary edition for Halo 5 so they can bundle a big ass statue of Cortana with it. People can oogle at it all day long and not worry about all this shit we won't care about when the nextbox comes and we bitch about Halo 5's pre-order incentives.

343 should make 5 different editions of Halo 5 that each come with unique armor just so I can see more people complain about this incredibly idiotic "problem".

This post:

To be honest, it did seem like the end of the world when I first heard the news. But since I'm getting the console and LE, I thought of another plan.

I'll buy some MS points and trade-in one of the games with LE War Games Pass and let some other desperate sucker fall for it. If I'm lucky, maybe I might make an extra pound or two for my "generosity". :p/:biglaugh

is, like, the saddest thing I've seen if it isn't a joke.

It's armor skins, people. Holy shit.

Edit: To clarify, I think the OP is right. They really don't make it clear what's coming with each version. It was all handled really poorly. The "problem" I'm referring to is the people who are mad that they won't have every armor skin ever.

Edited by Ty-Rex

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy enough knowing that I'll get a 90 minute director's cut of Forward Unto Dawn, as well as a hands on UNSC briefing packet when I open my LE.

Just as long as you're clear that that 90 minute FOD cut, isn't on a disk. (again, as far as I can tell it's streaming only through Waypoint. Not even a download.)

But in fact, we are paying less than the ones who buy the Season Pass from the Marketplace. The have to pay $30 or something extra for it (+ the game for like $60). We get the game and the season pass for $70 in total (sorry if the prices are wrong, but those are the € prices and i just only changed them up to $$, might be differences here guys).

Unless my math is wrong, we're technically paying more. The limited edition is $100. War games pass ($30) and actual game disk ($60) leaves a $10 difference, to account for the FOD stuff, avatar trash, and the hopefully awesome artifacts/data packet. So, from a certain point of view, you aren't saving money.

Just as long as you're clear that that 90 minute FOD cut, isn't on a disk. (again, as far as I can tell it's streaming only through Waypoint. Not even a download.)

After a little bit of sleuthing, in the IGN halo 4 wiki, I kept finding this phrase repeated.

Nov. 6, 2012, as the "Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn" Special Edition, an extended edit with additional footage and bonus content as part of the "Halo 4" Limited Edition. This Special Edition will also be available on video on-demand services.

That makes it sound like if you have Netflix or Hulu Plus (which at least I do) you'll be able to watch the directors cut edition free. In an arguably simpler way than if you were to watch it on Waypoint (mind you if that is the case)

This whole digital content thing is just getting more and more disappointing. I really should have done a Halo 4 blackout and avoided these forums and the IGNs of the world until the game came out - not because of the possible spoiling of the plot, but the constant build and then collapse of expectations about this game. The fact that I might not get a tangible copy of the FOD video is just depressing. If the canon "artifacts" are skimp (not as great as Halseys journal, and seriously the only reason I bought the LE) then I can honestly say I've pretty much wasted my money, and should have gone with the standard edition.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to love this game and play the shit out of it, but this whole clusterfuck is leaving the time waiting until I have the game in my hands extra painful

Edited by Vectorman953
To not double post

That makes it sound like if you have Netflix or Hulu Plus (which at least I do) you'll be able to watch the directors cut edition free. In an arguably simpler way than if you were to watch it on Waypoint (mind you if that is the case)

Actually, that IGN quote made it sound to me as if you'll also have the option to buy/rent it on those video-on-demand services even if you don't buy the LE. They've said somewhere that a disc version will be coming at some later time. I'll have to see if I can find it again.

No, man, you're just a part of the system. You're like some government pig, man. 343 is trying to take our hard-earned money and we don't even get that sweet eagle emblem. I paid $99 for and eagle emblem, this is bullshit.

343?

morelike

$4$

lol lovin the $4$!!

This whole "pre-order here to get this" and "buy this version to get this" thing is just one big clusterfuck. Even the developers and publishers seem to be unable to keep it straight. I sure as hell have no idea what I've got on the way.

^^

All I know is I have the regular edition pre-ordered at Best-Buy, the LE version pre-ordered at Gamestop, the Special Edition 360 pre-ordered at Gamestop, the UNSC controller and the $60 Triton headset pre-ordered at Gamestop (do those even come with codes? Wouldn't be surprised if they did.)

:pi like how you said you have no idea, then proceeded to explain exactly what you are getting! lol, tbh the more they announce the more i get confused. all i have is LE pre-order at gamestop, i know i get the game thats enough for me heh.

wait, wait, wait

so to get all the armour

console

LE

and standard

seem worth it

I mean it's only $590.

You really can't consider yourself a halo fan if you can't commit that much.

[spoiler=test]Some people probably think that's true[spoiler=test1]and those people make me sad[spoiler=test2]spoilerception

I payed off Halo LE so that means I get the war games, I just don't get the 2 helmets and 1 emblem?

Correct.

What you do get is the recruit SKIN

Avatar stuff (I think an outfit and prop?)

A different emblem

A assault rifle skin an exclusive in-game emblem

Plus the benefits of where-ever you ordered it from, but that's a whole 'nother monster.

It doesn't really help that the pack itself is called Wargames, but also the entire multiplayer mode.

I'm still not even sure at this point if Halo 4 comes with the Limited Edition...At no point does it mention it actually comes with the game.

lolololol. this genuinely made me laugh man.

Fact- You're still getting more. You get a skin that regular users won't have.

What? Why do you even think this? The blog link you posted shows this:

http://i.imgur.com/8nzvY.png

http://i.imgur.com/UUSRg.png

I agree with you sir, these people are freaking out and yet I am certain the War Games Pass includes these helmets and emblems.

This whole "pre-order here to get this" and "buy this version to get this" thing is just one big clusterfuck. Even the developers and publishers seem to be unable to keep it straight. I sure as hell have no idea what I've got on the way. All I know is I have the regular edition pre-ordered at Best-Buy, the LE version pre-ordered at Gamestop, the Special Edition 360 pre-ordered at Gamestop, the UNSC controller and the $60 Triton headset pre-ordered at Gamestop (do those even come with codes? Wouldn't be surprised if they did.)

Anybody able to tell me for certain what all codes I'll be receiving? I want to make sure I don't miss any of them so I can get the most out of them when they go up on Ebay.

I'm basically in the same boat as you, minus the headset. I'm spending a fortune but fuck it! If there are any bonuses that come with it, do let me know!

I agree with you sir, these people are freaking out and yet I am certain the War Games Pass includes these helmets and emblems.

I normally try to stay out of correcting people when they're wrong on the internet, but if you read any of the previous parts of this thread you would see that BS Angel (Kiki, who writes the update) responded to multiple people on twitter that the 2 helmets and emblem aren't included in the LE. Seperate SKU's means seperate DLC add-ons.

I was just like you once. Young and naive.

[spoiler=derp]you know, like 15 posts and a weeks ago

I normally try to stay out of correcting people when they're wrong on the internet...I was just like you once. Young and naive.

[spoiler=derp]you know, like 15 posts and a weeks ago

there's ways to correct people, then there's being an asshole. unnecessary attitude my dude...especially since we're probably the same age.

there's ways to correct people, then there's being an asshole. unnecessary attitude my dude...especially since we're probably the same age.

True. I sometimes go off by being a dick but I tend not to. Can't we all just get along? This is a forum for a place to talk all things Xbox 360 and other stuff. We don't have to like each other but we could respect one another while we are here. :drunk

Well he is either Kermit the Frog or Christian Bale, so he's at least 38.

If he's Christian Bale then we better watch out for the psycho in him.

True. I sometimes go off by being a dick but I tend not to. Can't we all just get along? This is a forum for a place to talk all things Xbox 360 and other stuff. We don't have to like each other but we could respect one another while we are here.

agreed, I don't ever intend to piss people off with negativity and tossing unneeded words around. we're all here to enjoy gaming, more specifically Halo, so lets keep it at such.

and only the pyscho!? don't forget the anorexic machinist, crack-addict boxing brother, dark knight sides of him as well!

I apologize from any 'attitude' you seemed to detect, and the statement certianly looks a lot worse in the way you abridged it. I thought my "spoiler" saying I said the same mistake literally a week ago (younger) in the same exact forum would be enough to hint at sarcasm. (I know, I know, sarcasm on the Internet)

I wouldn't say something like that and actual mean it, since then these threads turn into a forum of 8 people calling each other trolls, and it just makes everything stupid.

It just annoys me that the same questions are asked like 12 times in a row. I guess it's not your fault if you only read the latest posts

TL;DR: I meant no ill will, and i am Kermit the frog.

Edited by Vectorman953

I think I'm going to forsake getting the LE. I have it preordered but do I really need it? No. $10 for some specializations is a waste. I learned a long time ago that the other stuff you receive is totally worthless and in a few years you really won't care that you have it. Might as well buy some condoms and not get a girl pregnant instead.

I apologize from any 'attitude' you seemed to detect, and the statement certianly looks a lot worse in the way you abridged it. I thought my "spoiler" saying I said the same mistake literally a week ago (younger) in the same exact forum would be enough to hint at sarcasm. (I know, I know, sarcasm on the Internet)

I wouldn't say something like that and actual mean it, since then these threads turn into a forum of 8 people calling each other trolls, and it just makes everything stupid.

It just annoys me that the same questions are asked like 12 times in a row. I guess it's not your fault if you only read the latest posts

Hey dude, don't worry about it. As you said, I didn't bother reading every post, I just scrolled through and the main one that stuck out was the post I quoted from. and I actually didn't even click on the spoiler in your post :p anyways, I'm still looking forward to my LE of Halo, even if I miss out on the helmets.

LE Specializations are preorders now http://www.gamestop.ie/Halo4

to get the Full Pass you have to spend 25 dollars extra

and the recruit armor that was listed as exclusive is avaliable to everyone.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/large_lightbox/hash/87/e7/87e719743fe916416a6cdb41d44ea9b5.jpg

"You give them a inch, they take a mile"

and the recruit armor that was listed as exclusive is avaliable to everyone.

And once again, it's an exclusive SKIN for the armor. It's always said skin on every official release I've seen. Just like all the damn pre-order bonuses that give weapon skins.

I'm not gonna argue that they're screwing up on clear communication and giving way too damned many "exclusives" to various retailers. Eitehr way, I'm still getting my LE for the same reason I initially ordered it. Forward Unto Dawn. Now, if between now and November 6th I find out I can get it on an actual Disc... yeah, I'll probably get the regular and the "full" Map Pass instead.

And once again, it's an exclusive SKIN for the armor. It's always said skin on every official release I've seen. Just like all the damn pre-order bonuses that give weapon skins.

I'm not gonna argue that they're screwing up on clear communication and giving way too damned many "exclusives" to various retailers. Eitehr way, I'm still getting my LE for the same reason I initially ordered it. Forward Unto Dawn. Now, if between now and November 6th I find out I can get it on an actual Disc... yeah, I'll probably get the regular and the "full" Map Pass instead.

it obviously says armor AND Skin

it obviously says armor AND Skin

Yes that picture does say that. But I'm pretty sure that picture was neither put together by, or released by 343. I certainly never saw it on their site. The only thing I ever heard from 343 was "Recruit Prime Armor Skin"

And Gamestop's website, which is where I first saw anything on the Limited Edition and where I ordered it from, says "Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin" Link

So, I don't feel like I was lied to. I'm sorry if you do.

I'll tell you what I think happened honestly. I think someone didn't proofread a press release closely enough. I think that, like the various pre-orders for places like Best-Buy, the LE info was worded as Armor Name then Skin Name and the people reading it took it as two separate things instead of one single thing.

Like, you look at the pictures of the pre-order skins they say Armor: and a name, then Skin: and a name on separate lines. Seriously, I think that's what happened and they didn't correct it fast enough.

Edited by ReverendSID