Thoughts?

History Channel games seem like they are made on the cheap and are never AAA titles but I do enjoy them. I'm a General Patton buff and will have to try this for curiosity's sake alone. I looked for info on it and it says it will be a turn based strategy game which makes sense.

Lol what we really need is a General Patton FPS. There would be achievements for shooting at German planes with his ivory pistol and for slapping shell shocked privates. The final mission would be Patton assualting the Furher Bunker all by himself to "personally shoot that paper-hanging SOB". Then later DLC will have him taking on the USSR. :woop:

Edited by Ace Attorney 86

History Channel games seem like they are made on the cheap and are never AAA titles but I do enjoy them. I'm a General Patton buff and will have to try this for curiosity's sake alone. I looked for info on it and it says it will be a turn based strategy game which makes sense.

Lol what we really need is a General Patton FPS. There would be achievements for shooting at German planes with his ivory pistol and for slapping shell shocked privates. The final mission would be Patton assualting the Furher Bunker all by himself to "personally shoot that paper-hanging SOB". Then later DLC will have him taking on the USSR. :woop:

Ahahaha your 2nd paragraph was priceless! `

And of course there would be an achievment for peeing in the Rhine called "The Furher's River". And you could sic General Patton's bull terrier Willie on unsuspecting Nazis.

I'm not expecting a top notch game out of this but hopefully it won't suck. The great man deserves better.

Either way though... history buffs unite and hopefully enjoy this game. :p

I got the game at the top of my Gamefly Queue.

I've played all the past History Channel games on the Xbox 360 and while they aren't up to today's Graphics/Gameplay standards I've always enjoyed them nonetheless. The "History Channel" doucmentary aspect of the cutscenes are my favorite, just like watching the shows on tv but you are on the battlefield.

Imagine if they could make a AAA "History Channel" title? Holy smokes, that would be killer.

History Channel + DICE's Battlefield franchise = :eek:

I got the game at the top of my Gamefly Queue.

I've played all the past History Channel games on the Xbox 360 and while they aren't up to today's Graphics/Gameplay standards I've always enjoyed them nonetheless. The "History Channel" doucmentary aspect of the cutscenes are my favorite, just like watching the shows on tv but you are on the battlefield.

Imagine if they could make a AAA "History Channel" title? Holy smokes, that would be killer.

History Channel + DICE's Battlefield franchise = :eek:

One day we will get a stellar History Channel game. :p